Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: The best (or your best) ever CW?

Post by Clach77 »

I thought ‘ooh, I like this thread’ when it was posted. But I’ve not replied as I can’t decide. The C6FLE is special, as is my Concept. But then there’s my modified C600s….. And the C60 Apex :oops:

These users thanked the author Clach77 for the post (total 3):
Amor Vincit OmniawatchaholicMiniMpi
Trying not to buy any more watches...
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Understandable that you couldn’t decide, Alex. You do have a slight numerical disadvantage over some of us when it comes to this type of thread.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
Clach77
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by scooter »

My personal favourite is possibly my first purchased back in 2010.

The C5 Malvern Aviator Mark II.

scooter
These users thanked the author scooter for the post (total 3):
Amor Vincit OmniaStifRichard D
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Amor Vincit Omnia

scooter wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:31 am The C5 Malvern Aviator Mark II.
I don’t know why, but I wasn’t expecting that. I thought you might go for something bigger, bluer and more scooter-ish.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

For me it just has to be my first and still favorite CW
366559A4-8359-4E19-9E9E-A157024C3D8B.jpeg
049EE8C1-AFFF-4309-A6DF-75FE6E479CB6.jpeg
These users thanked the author watchaholic for the post (total 3):
Amor Vincit OmniaMiniMpiStif
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by scooter »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:41 am
scooter wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:31 am The C5 Malvern Aviator Mark II.
I don’t know why, but I wasn’t expecting that. I thought you might go for something bigger, bluer and more scooter-ish.
42/43mm is a little too large for my liking.

scooter
These users thanked the author scooter for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

I have never managed to snag one (yet) but the C8's are beautiful. Dwight's offering above probably just about edges it out of the range for me. Its top of my "one day" CW list.

For the best ive ever owned, its the Trident Pro Chrono Beast! Admittedly it doesnt fit every wrist, but I was lucky enough that it suited mine, and I managed to snag a bracelet, thanks to a forum legend!!! Its recently been sold in order to part fund something I really cant afford but I hope to get my grubby paws on another in the years to come!

20220306_114849.jpg
20220306_114722.jpg
These users thanked the author Dickchins for the post (total 5):
Amor Vincit OmniaMiniMpiwatchaholicKalli64Bahnstormer_vRS
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Dickchins wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:50 pm I have never managed to snag one (yet) but the C8's are beautiful. Dwight's offering above probably just about edges it out of the range for me. Its top of my "one day" CW list.

For the best ive ever owned, its the Trident Pro Chrono Beast! Admittedly it doesnt fit every wrist, but I was lucky enough that it suited mine, and I managed to snag a bracelet, thanks to a forum legend!!! Its recently been sold in order to part fund something I really cant afford but I hope to get my grubby paws on another in the years to come!

20220306_114849.jpg20220306_114722.jpg
I have looked at this model for a long time, and think what they did with the subdial at 9 is not only unique but just kinda cool. Question is, are the subdials at 12 and 6 ringed in gold or yellow? Different lighting in different pics has me wanting to see one in the flesh.
I quite prefer the yellow as on the C60…..I think.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by Dickchins »

watchaholic wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:53 pm
Dickchins wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:50 pm I have never managed to snag one (yet) but the C8's are beautiful. Dwight's offering above probably just about edges it out of the range for me. Its top of my "one day" CW list.

I have looked at this model for a long time, and think what they did with the subdial at 9 is not only unique but just kinda cool. Question is, are the subdials at 12 and 6 ringed in gold or yellow? Different lighting in different pics has me wanting to see one in the flesh.
I quite prefer the yellow as on the C60…..I think.
Its gold. But dont let that put you off. Its a nice warm "yellowy gold!" It does often look yellow at certain angles. If youre on the fence, id say 101% pick one up mate. Theyre stunning, and feel weighty but not heavy on the wrist. Definitely get a bracelet though. Nothing else really works imo.

A few more to help you along...... :-"

20220306_150913.jpg
20220306_150855.jpg
20220306_150839.jpg
These users thanked the author Dickchins for the post (total 2):
Amor Vincit Omniawatchaholic
ralfybaby
Senior
Senior

Post by ralfybaby »

For me it's the C65 GMT pepsi. Took a shine to it when it first came out but never pulled the trigger for some reason.
It disappeared from the on line shop in the summer so I panicked a little. Fortunately several showed up in the January sale.
Love it as much as I thought it would.
An "exit watch " perhaps ....

Certainly the best smelling leather strap ever :lol:

These users thanked the author ralfybaby for the post (total 5):
suicidal_orangeAmor Vincit Omniabananapantsthomcat00Stif
Amor Vincit Omnia

^^^ I don’t think we have come up with a special title since missF got Forum Poet Laureate. I’m thinking Forum Strapsniffer Poursuivant.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
MiniMpi
Steve

Kalli64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 51

Post by Kalli64 »

I love this "Beast" as well. At the last sale where one was offered, I was unfortunately too slow or undecided. I'm sure I'll find a bargain someday ;-)
Thomas

My CW collection:
C1 - 7x / C5 - 1x / C63 - 3x / C60 - 21x / C65 - 8x / C7 - 5x / C8 - 2x / C9 - 2x / C90 - 2x
Laird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 66

Post by Laird »

CW C8 Pilot Mark 1 Auto.jpg
These users thanked the author Laird for the post:
MiniMpi
|C70s|C7 BB, IRR, BRG, RC, Hornet, Valjoux|C3 GT|C4 Phoenix|C40 SpeedHawk|C5 BoB, Aviator|C8 Pilots*3, UTC & AD|C60 316L Y, O, B, GMT, DD Valjoux|C65 316LE,Classic LE, DT LE, 2VEV|C1 WT|C9 Pulse, JH2, AMGT, SSH21|C11 HRDC & Makaira|
Rothko

Post by Rothko »

I only have the one (so far)......the C63 Sealander Automatic - Green face on Steel strap but it's an absolute beaut.
Judging by what I've seen, I would suspect my next purchase (although how long it will take to persuade Mrs Rothko, I'm not sure) is likely to be the C65 Dartmouth, which is utterly gorgeous as well.
CHR WARD.jpeg
These users thanked the author Rothko for the post (total 2):
MiniMpiFat-Sam
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Clach77 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:49 am I thought ‘ooh, I like this thread’ when it was posted. But I’ve not replied as I can’t decide. The C6FLE is special, as is my Concept. But then there’s my modified C600s….. And the C60 Apex :oops:

A very nice lot, are we now free to help with the decision? The C600s gets my vote. It’s a theme I usually avoid, but there a steampunk vibe to this that really works. I think it’s the patina on the bezel against that blue dial. What exactly did you do to mod this one?
These users thanked the author watchaholic for the post:
Clach77
Dwight