DHL Left My C65 GMT at Wrong Address - RANT

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

DHL Left My C65 GMT at Wrong Address - RANT

Post by Leon O »

I'm very disappointed with DHL. I got the message that my GMT was delivered. I looked on the porch and it was not there. Asked my daughter if doorbell rang. Dog didn't bark.

I was getting pretty angry by the time I called the branch. After a couple calls DHL confirmed my GMT was delivered to the wrong address. The delivery gal had not read my specic instructions that included how to open the gate and to ring the door bell.

We've had groceries delivered to the house on the street behind us when the drivers didn't pay attention to the street signs. However, that house doesn't have a gate. So it was obvious the driver hadn't read the instructions.

I ended up walking to the house behind us to collect my prize.

If I get a survey I'll definitely complete it.
20220118_200244.jpg
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Dickchins
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: DHL Left My C65 GMT at Wrong Address - RANT

Post by Dickchins »

This picked up in the sale mate..?
I had one of these in my basket about 10 times literally! And after not pulling the trigger, I now regret it!!!

Lovely watch, and ive had the same with DPD. They left my Breitling on a neighbours doorstep. Didnt even knock on his door either! He only found it when he stepped outside and literally kicked the box!
Good job we're honest!!!

Glad it found its way home anyway :thumbup:
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Yes, I bought on the 7th during the sale. I had been hoping for the red bezel C65 Trident Automatic, but I kept seeing the GMT and it finally spoke to me. :D
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Nice pick up. Sorry about the nonsense from DHL. They were less than stellar with a recent CW purchase for me too, but not nearly as egregious as your example. They left a package that clearly should have been signed for on my porch without even knocking.

I wonder if this is common and if CW is made aware of this. I admit that I didn't bother.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

DHL is generally terrible. I have a watch at CW towers currently for warranty repair, and I fully expect DHL to try and collect duties and taxes upon its return.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
cwa
Senior
Senior

Post by cwa »

I hesitate to say, I’ve had a bunch of international deliveries from all over the globe using DHL, shipping to me in Australia and they’re quite good to me.

The tracking is always on point, and the delivery people top notch at following instructions.

Hopefully things improve on the other side of the world! Glad to hear you got it reasonably easily though.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

cwa wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:27 pm I hesitate to say, I’ve had a bunch of international deliveries from all over the globe using DHL, shipping to me in Australia and they’re quite good to me.

The tracking is always on point, and the delivery people top notch at following instructions.

Hopefully things improve on the other side of the world! Glad to hear you got it reasonably easily though.
I've seen that film about Australia. There's only one house per square mile! :D
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Leon O »

Thanks for the support guys. So, I got a little more exercise in on Tuesday. I've cooled off and now have the capacity to be **** about work.

BTW, on the left side of the pond **** means angry, not intoxicated. ;)
cwa
Senior
Senior

Post by cwa »

The other benefit down here in Aus is we can just ride a kangaroo next door to collect any missed deliveries.
🦘
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

cwa wrote:The other benefit down here in Aus is we can just ride a kangaroo next door to collect any missed deliveries.
And someone, somewhere is going to believe we actually do that :D
These users thanked the author gaf1958 for the post (total 2):
cwaRobotaz
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

Peteo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:39 am Nice pick up. Sorry about the nonsense from DHL. They were less than stellar with a recent CW purchase for me too, but not nearly as egregious as your example. They left a package that clearly should have been signed for on my porch without even knocking.

I wonder if this is common and if CW is made aware of this. I admit that I didn't bother.
They left my C65 SH21 on my doorstep pre pandemic. I didn't even have notification it was on the way. Made worse by CW refusing to let me collect it from them (it was in for a repair and I only live a 5 minute walk away).
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

gaf1958 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:39 am
cwa wrote:The other benefit down here in Aus is we can just ride a kangaroo next door to collect any missed deliveries.
And someone, somewhere is going to believe we actually do that :D
I'm sure that's why the Quokka is smiling away.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

cwa wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:26 am The other benefit down here in Aus is we can just ride a kangaroo next door to collect any missed deliveries.
🦘

I must say, I am envious.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
500c

Post by 500c »

i just wanted to add my own distress over the errors that DHL made of a simple delivery to the states which ought to encourage CWL to seek alternatives. i was excited over receiving my new c60 trident but the aggravation...back and forth with customer service & DHL...was very off-putting. in the end it got worked out but it was far from seamless. also, i was unaware of the additional $50 'carriage charge'/duty that was due. i was guided to the faq section by CS which does cover it but unless i missed it at payment time, i did not see it in the cart. this delayed things further and i wish CWL would be a little clearer that the watch cost is actually higher considering the duty. (ps, my chinese and other purchases had no such complications and arrived w/o duty and swiftly). i mentioned this to them. CWL was kind enough to waive the expedited shpping charge i paid.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

500c wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:06 pm i just wanted to add my own distress over the errors that DHL made of a simple delivery to the states which ought to encourage CWL to seek alternatives. i was excited over receiving my new c60 trident but the aggravation...back and forth with customer service & DHL...was very off-putting. in the end it got worked out but it was far from seamless. also, i was unaware of the additional $50 'carriage charge'/duty that was due. i was guided to the faq section by CS which does cover it but unless i missed it at payment time, i did not see it in the cart. this delayed things further and i wish CWL would be a little clearer that the watch cost is actually higher considering the duty. (ps, my chinese and other purchases had no such complications and arrived w/o duty and swiftly). i mentioned this to them. CWL was kind enough to waive the expedited shpping charge i paid.
From reading other posts & yours if seems the US customs regulations are quite byzantine. In Canada if there is duty owing I receive a notice from DHL well before the item arrives in country, I pay it online and select the delivery option I want. It's all pretty straight forward.

Of course DHL, UPS, FedEx etcetera always assess duty and taxes since they are awarded a fee by our lovely government for processing the transaction. Pre DHL when CWL used the postal system often as not Canada Post charged no duty or taxes. Those were the days!

One of the reasons for the change in delivery courier was the inability to track through the postal system once the parcel arrive at the destination country (in some countries). This presented CWL some challenges as shipments simply vanished with no proof of delivery. Humans being humans I am sure some buyers took advantage of this short coming.

In any case I hope you enjoy your watch....
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300