January 2022 Sale

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
shaggy
Junior
Junior

Re: January 2022 Sale

Post by shaggy »

JAFO wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:44 pm
shaggy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:18 pm Guys, any idea if the C65 Trident Diver (those will manual wind) bracelet would fit to C65 Chronograph? Is the case identical?
I don't think so. If you check the bracelets on the CW site (in straps), there is a distinct C65 chronograph bracelet £165, as are all the bracelets. The bracelet for the handwound is called the C65 41mm bracelet, I think. Certainly not too expensive for such an expensive watch, and they are super bracelets. Maybe CW would give you some discount if you just bought the chronograph. It's probably just different end links, so maybe CW could sell you chronograph end links, although then you would still have just 1 bracelet.
JAFO, thanks for the suggestion. I've contacted CW and they're sending endlinks. Free of charge. Incredible! Big thanks to CW!
These users thanked the author shaggy for the post (total 3):
MiniMpiajax87Stif
Is: C65 Super Compressor, Edox SkyDiver Neptunian, Orient Mako 2
Was: C65 Chrono, C60 Pro 600 mk3, C65 Trident Diver, C8 Flyer Auto, C7 Rapide Chrono Auto, C60 Trident 35 Eng. Regiment, Yema Traveller, Certina DS Podium PM80, LHC Chrono Auto
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Just a quick update on the V2 Abyss GMT power reserve

I set 4 watches on Thursday to look at the power reserves compared to stated figure

C65 Trident diver (blue) - SW210-1 - windup- stated power 42hours - actual 46 hours - not worn face up
C65 Trident diver (blue) - SW210-1 - windup- stated power 42hours - actual 46 hours 10 mins- not worn face up
C60 316L (yellow) -SW330 - Automatic-stated power 48hours - actual 42 hours - not worn face up
*C60 GMT Abyss V2 -SW330-2-Automatic-stated power 48hours- actual ? its currently still running on 50 hours so far
(the 316L and Abyss v2 were both wound 90 times to power the movements)

Note Abyss V2 states 48hours power but watch movement document states 56 hours so this is a test to compare the V2 actual figures which so far is 7 hours more than the SW330 movement on the old C60 316L. My guess is CW didn't want to produce new booklets for the V2 with the correct movement and power reserve due to cost.

Note sure if this is of interest but i like technical stuff like this :-)
These users thanked the author Deks for the post:
Stif
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

Just a quick question for anyone who received a sale watch: did your watch come with the 60/60 hang-tag attached? I ordered a C65 diver that I am not 100% sure about keeping, but as there is no hang-tag I'm a bit unsure about returning it (as I forsee them saying I have worn it).

Also didn't get a manual, but that isn't unusual these days. May contact CS on Monday to check position if I was to return.
David. S
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by David. S »

Gareth wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 pm Just a quick question for anyone who received a sale watch: did your watch come with the 60/60 hang-tag attached? I ordered a C65 diver that I am not 100% sure about keeping, but as there is no hang-tag I'm a bit unsure about returning it (as I forsee them saying I have worn it).

Also didn't get a manual, but that isn't unusual these days. May contact CS on Monday to check position if I was to return.
Hi Gareth, my NN c65 didn't have a hang tag attached, if yours was a new watch it should have had a hang tag and a manual.
The sale watches are still covered by the 60/60 warranty.

David
These users thanked the author David. S for the post:
Gareth
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

David. S wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:02 pm
Gareth wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 pm Just a quick question for anyone who received a sale watch: did your watch come with the 60/60 hang-tag attached? I ordered a C65 diver that I am not 100% sure about keeping, but as there is no hang-tag I'm a bit unsure about returning it (as I forsee them saying I have worn it).

Hi Gareth, my NN c65 didn't have a hang tag attached, if yours was a new watch it should have had a hang tag and a manual.
The sale watches are still covered by the 60/60 warranty.

David
My C60 Abyss GMT was sold as brand new and didn't have the 60/60 tag. Now you have said this let me double check the box in a minute
Gareth
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Just checked the box and mine definitely didn't come with a tag which is probably the first time that has happened to me with a new watch. If I remember rightly when I have bought a nearly new watch in the past a tag was included as the warranty is identical to a new watch
Gareth
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Gareth wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 pm Also didn't get a manual, but that isn't unusual these days. May contact CS on Monday to check position if I was to return.
Not sure how much the hangtag matters, but if it’s important to you contact them. Regarding the manual, hopefully they will have a print copy they can send you so again I would contact them.

Meanwhile, you can download a copy from the CW Archive lovingly compiled by your faithful Forum Admin Team! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
David. S
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by David. S »

Deks wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:08 pm Just checked the box and mine definitely didn't come with a tag which is probably the first time that has happened to me with a new watch. If I remember rightly when I have bought a nearly new watch in the past a tag was included as the warranty is identical to a new watch

I have just checked the box my Colchester came in and there is no hang-tag, so maybe they have stopped including them...the warranty is the same regardless.

David
Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:09 pm
Gareth wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 pm Also didn't get a manual, but that isn't unusual these days. May contact CS on Monday to check position if I was to return.
Not sure how much the hangtag matters, but if it’s important to you contact them. Regarding the manual, hopefully they will have a print copy they can send you so again I would contact them.

Meanwhile, you can download a copy from the CW Archive lovingly compiled by your faithful Forum Admin Team! :D
Thanks all, not bothered about the hang-tag per se, more the fact I always thought it was there to enforce the returns policy, i.e. if you remove it, you are deemed to have worn it.
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Deks wrote:My guess is CW didn't want to produce new booklets for the V2 with the correct movement and power reserve due to cost.
I’ve seen manuals have stickers added somewhere that clarify updates to the text. You can do it and not look like a 2nd rate shop if the text is right and you place it in a logical place.

It seems like I’ve heard this more than once. I think CW needs to look into correcting manuals with aforementioned patch jobs. It’s better than the manuals being wrong, and hardly any more expensive.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Re the hang tags, I've just checked my last two purchases, which were both new (C63 Auto in the Black Friday promotion and the C5 Revival when they were released) and neither had the hang tag included. So maybe CW aren't including them anymore? Unless anyone can confirm they were included on their recent purchases?
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Robotaz wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:35 pm
Deks wrote:My guess is CW didn't want to produce new booklets for the V2 with the correct movement and power reserve due to cost.
I’ve seen manuals have stickers added somewhere that clarify updates to the text. You can do it and not look like a 2nd rate shop if the text is right and you place it in a logical place.

It seems like I’ve heard this more than once. I think CW needs to look into correcting manuals with aforementioned patch jobs. It’s better than the manuals being wrong, and hardly any more expensive.
Another thing I think CW need to improve on is the customers first impressions of a quality product. When I received my Abyss I wore cotton gloves to handle it in case I decided to send it back. Anyway when I took off the protective plastic off the watch I was really surprised/annoyed to find it was plastered in fingerprints! It really is disappointing to see such a basic fail. Surely they should either wear gloves or at least give the crystal glass a clean before packing the watch.
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Just a quick update the Abyss has stopped now and I can confirm the power reserve on mine is 55 hours and 10 mins. So I would strongly suspect it is the SW330-2 movement :-)
These users thanked the author Deks for the post (total 5):
David. SBahnstormer_vRSwelshladMiniMpithomcat00
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Deks wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:49 pm Just a quick update the Abyss has stopped now and I can confirm the power reserve on mine is 55 hours and 10 mins. So I would strongly suspect it is the SW330-2 movement :-)
That's perfect Mike. Thank you. :thumbup: :thumbup:

You've confirmed my thoughts.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
Deks
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Deks »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:34 pm
Deks wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:49 pm Just a quick update the Abyss has stopped now and I can confirm the power reserve on mine is 55 hours and 10 mins. So I would strongly suspect it is the SW330-2 movement :-)
That's perfect Mike. Thank you. :thumbup: :thumbup:

You've confirmed my thoughts.

Guy
Hey Guy, as you probably know already its a bloody lovely watch 😁. I think the V2 version is the icing on the cake for me.

Take care m8

Mike xx
Bahnstormer_vRS