Pre-launch Revival Model Exclusive

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Pre-launch Revival Model Exclusive

Post by watchaholic »

I had a hard time telling which clasp it was coming with but when I looked up the black oak as a stand alone purchase, it appeared to come standard with the Bader. Hope it does. C5 on black oak ordered, with the mesh bracelet on the side. :D
These users thanked the author watchaholic for the post:
MiniMpi
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:52 pm Also did you, or anyone else for that matter, notice that all the C5 straps, which are only Vintage Oak, not Cordovan, come with Bader deployants (not dress clasps). A neat touch. I've got a couple of those coming too.

Guy
Didn’t notice that… interesting. I’ve got some black and blue Cordovan straps with those clasps in both 22 and 20mm, and they’re very smart and comfortable :thumbup:
These users thanked the author JasperCat for the post:
MiniMpi
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

JasperCat wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:16 pm Didn’t notice that… interesting. I’ve got some black and blue Cordovan straps with those clasps in both 22 and 20mm, and they’re very smart and comfortable :thumbup:
Also have you noticed though that, recently, CW are using the same 20mm Bader on both 22mm and 20mm Cordovan straps ie. the 22mm tapers, but the 20mm is straight.

The 20mm used to taper to 18mm. It will be interesting to see what profile the 20mm Vintage Oak with Bader is.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
MiniMpi
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I certainly wouldn't like a non tapering cordovan strap. I've got all sizes including a brown and honey in 18mm, and they all have 2mm taper.
WileyECoyote
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by WileyECoyote »

Macdaz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:46 pm Thanks for the candid response Kip.

For me all the - was it ok? Wasn't it? Can it be shared now somebody has shared it? Do pictures count? They did it first not me discussions are moot. We know that CW were trying to offer us an exclusive and it was clear that they weren't ready but word got out. It doesn't really matter how, it was clear what the intention was. The decision on sharing or not, morally or otherwise, is for individuals to make. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, but it's a personal decision.

I'm not pointing fingers or trying to change anybody's view (I would fail, just as anybody trying to change my view would). We do what we do because we think it is right or ok to do it. For my part, I saw the links, but sat on them until it was clear that the formal release had taken place. (I knew if I had the chance to ask CW the question, that is what they would want me to do, and as a fan, I want to support their objectives).

I really appreciate that CW try and do these things for us and I appreciate that the admins try their best to make it happen. My concern is that if we fail to respect the spirit of what is trying to be achieved and/or relentlessly criticise at every turn, CW, the admins or both may decide it's all too much aggro and stop offering us these opportunities. That would be a shame, and all the arguments on what is right and wrong won't matter any more.
Your words expressed much of what I was thinking. I would like to thank Kip, the Forum administrative team & the people at Christopher Ward for their hard work & giving the Forum members a bit of a reward for following the brand. Events like the release of specially designed watches brings some good cheer to a world greatly in need of some. I do believe that it would be sad if in the future that they would decide such events are not worth the headache & possible backlash from forum members. Ever since discovering Christopher Ward, I have been amazed at how they continue to deliver new watch designs at prices far below their competition. I never know what they are going to do next, like these revival watches or the C60 Concept. Between checking the CW web page, reading the Loupe magazine & joining this Forum, it has been fun & a needed pick me up. Wearing one of their watches is a luxury that each of us can enjoy every day. Not a lot things that you say that about. So, I am willing to overlook some technical issues, when I know there are some good people trying to do something special for us.

Delmar
These users thanked the author WileyECoyote for the post (total 3):
MacdazBahnstormer_vRSJkpa
C60-Trident Atoll LE/Trident Pro 600
C65-AM GT LE/Super Compressor
C63 GMT Sealander/2023 Forum LE
C1 Russell Black Dial/C1 Morgan 3 Wheeler Chronometer/C8 Pilot Revival LE
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

Somewhat disappointing. I wish the C5's dial were based on the original version with galvanic finishing in the middle. These seem to based on the flat cream dials of the later second run. The bigger size and better case quality is definitely an improvement though.

The C8s look real great but, as before, I've never had any interest in them.
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

I had the intention of probably buying a C5 but found that I just didn’t have the urge to do so. The C8, however,was another matter. I owned an original C8 and was quite tempted but he revival watch.
However (and this is an issue which stopped me buying CW watches for a while) it has that hideous hospital ward logo on it so there is no chance whatsoever of me buying one.

An an aside..
Kip wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm
We acknowledge that CW need to get better at managing their website.

To be fair Kip ,CW’s website management has been an absolute shambles for years & years.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
Clach77
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Clach77 »

village wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:41 pm it has that hideous hospital ward logo on it
You mean Hos.WARD logo? :)
These users thanked the author Clach77 for the post:
jkbarnes
Trying not to buy any more watches...
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

So I ordered the C5 Revival, received an email confirmation, but when I check the order history on the website, it isn’t showing up. My thoughts are it won’t show until it gets shipped. Am I right or should I contact CW.
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by Renton »

Looks like the black C8s are now gone
These users thanked the author Renton for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSJasperCat
Bahnstormer_vRS

Renton wrote:Looks like the black C8s are now gone
Phew.

Mine was delivered this morning. Won't be able to open it until later though.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
JasperCat

Gareth
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 12

Post by Gareth »

I purchased the DLC C8 version late yesterday, I'd been holding off for the sale but there wasn't really anything there for me as I'm top heavy with dive watches at the moment and that seems to be CW's main staple at the moment.

I really liked the combination of black case and white indices on the black C8, as in the past the black case option has had the vintage lume (not a fan).

Along with the no date and display case back, the watch has some of my favourite elements. I will need to move a couple on to accomodate it though (at least that's the official line with swmbo).
These users thanked the author Gareth for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

watchaholic wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:40 am So I ordered the C5 Revival, received an email confirmation, but when I check the order history on the website, it isn’t showing up. My thoughts are it won’t show until it gets shipped. Am I right or should I contact CW.
Checked my order status again today and still nothing. Linked bank acct has been charged, so I’m thinking I better make contact with CW.
Try sending an email through the website, get an error message.
Check my email including my spam folder for a dispatch from CW…..nothing.
Find a US number to call and the nice lady says my order was dispatched yesterday, and gives me a DHL tracking number. Huh???
Hopefully crisis averted.
Dwight
Bahnstormer_vRS

^^^^ Disaster averted, Dwight.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

Bahnstormer_vRS

Somewhat late in the day, but I got my Revival Specials unboxed a short while ago.

C5 Malvern Revival Special Edition - C05-40ADA1-S00W0-OK

C8 Pilot Revival Special Edition
- C08-44A3H1-SD0K0-VK

I've only had a brief look at them so far under bright LED Kitchen lighting, which is not ideal to judge the character of the watch but overall CW have done a fine job. :clap: :clap:

The C5, in the C1 Grand Malvern case is exquisite. I remember the original C5 wearing really small for its size but the revival is the opposite looking well balanced on my wrist, on which I'm used to wearing 42mm - 44mm pieces. Legibility of the silver hands against the white, but looking more of a light cream, dial is good.

The black oak leather strap looks like it will work well, looking almost as good as CW's excellent Cordovan straps but for 2/3rds the price. One niggle though is, whilst having a Bader buckle befits the dress style watch the strap has a straight profile (it means CW only use one 20mm Bader on their straps instead of having to source 20mm and 18mm). This, I feel, will make the watch look a tad chunky. We'll see.

The C8 DLC was / is, honestly a bit of a shock. The white of the markers, numerals and hands really stand out against the black case. This is perhaps just my perception as I'm used to vintage lume on black or charcoal CW Aviators.

It reminds me though of my first CW watch, a C11 MSL 'Black Manta', which I really liked for the black/white legibility.

C11 Black Manta - Bahnstormer_vRS.jpg
Photo from CWL of the Day - March 2013

Anyway, I'll have a better look at them in daylight tomorrow (today?).

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post (total 5):
DEV.WoulfWileyECoyoteGarethmagicmanJasperCat