What's new for CW in 2022? The rumor mill post

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: What's new for CW in 2022? The rumor mill post

Post by jkbarnes »

CW257 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:23 pm Pure guesswork, but I think we might see a 36mm Sealander, along with more colour variants. Perhaps a lighter blue, for example, or an orange.

As other people have already commented, I think (and hope) that a dress watch is on the horizon too.
+1 to all of this! 36mm Sealander would be a great option. And I’love to see a return of a dress line.
Drew
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

CW257 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:23 pm Pure guesswork, but I think we might see a 36mm Sealander, along with more colour variants. Perhaps a lighter blue, for example, or an orange.
I predict that if we do see a 36mm (and I very much hope we do), we’ll also see loads of people complaining that it’s too small..!
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

biggus_richus wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:19 pm I predict that if we do see a 36mm (and I very much hope we do), we’ll also see loads of people complaining that it’s too small..!
I fear you might be right, with smaller cases I predict that I will not be buying anymore CWs.
These users thanked the author Richard D for the post:
JasperCat
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Robotaz »

I wouldn’t buy a 36. The 38.5, or whatever it is now, is at the very smallest end for my 7.5” wrist.
These users thanked the author Robotaz for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

It will be good to see something happening in the Aviator field. Sadly neglected in the past year or so.

Proper size too; at least 42mm.

A 36mm Sealander ought to be popular, from the requests that have been made, although not for me.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
JasperCat
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

biggus_richus wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:19 pm
I predict that even if we just speculate on a 36mm Sealander, we’ll also see people complaining that it’s too small..!
Fixed it.
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post (total 2):
MolanStif
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

Based on their performance this year, I’d think CW will look at market trends and put out yet more watches that will ‘sell’ well.

They seem to have really got a grip on designs, sizes and price points this year and gone from strength to strength.

No weird esoteric designs for niche markets or overpriced vanity models with limited appeal.

With reference to some of the size questions raised, they’ll assess demand and current sales vs potential price points and if 36mm makes sense then it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see an existing core design in a smaller case.

There’s clearly demand for this size given how successful it’s been in the past (and remains so for some serious players).

Personally I’ve been surprised they haven’t gone after the TAG domination in motorsport. The F1 range appears to be a major focus, and volume seller, for TAG but, IMHO, it’s a weak point for the brand in terms of the price vs quality measure (certainly compared to some higher end TAGs that are much nicer / better relative value).

I’d think CW could easily put out a motorsport range to deliver higher quality AND a price point below the F1.
These users thanked the author Molan for the post:
Squalus
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

A green C60 Sapphire would be a safe guess.
JonathaN_LI
Junior
Junior

Post by JonathaN_LI »

Green is definitely popular, but based on past experiments, it doesn't seem like the CW has enough appeal for green.
Squalus wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:34 pm A green C60 Sapphire would be a safe guess.
C1 Morgan Aero 8
C1 Morgan Classic
C60 Elite GMT 1000 Blue
C60 Trident Pro 600 Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
C65 Sandhurst
C65 Aquitaine Bronze
C65 Trident Diver SH21 LE
C65 Trident 316L LE
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

When you started this thread I doubt anyone thought that the first announcement of 2022 would be a revival of old models.

It looks like what’s new for 2022 could be a whole host of surprises.
These users thanked the author iain for the post (total 2):
mvlowthomcat00
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
mvlow
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by mvlow »

iain wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:07 pm When you started this thread I doubt anyone thought that the first announcement of 2022 would be a revival of old models.

It looks like what’s new for 2022 could be a whole host of surprises.
Most major manufacturers have found that they can successfully relaunch their vintage models to boost sales. Longines is a great example of how their vintage catalog has helped their bottom line. While CW's earliest models cannot really be classified as vintage because they have not been around long enough, I would guess they will be very successful at selling updated versions of their earlier models to those that have followed CW since the beginning, and those that like the retro look of the CW catalog from their early years. I am excited too see what they produce.
Malcolm

CW C60 Vintage Hamilton Khaki Field Sinn 104 CW C65 Vintage GMT Monta Oceanking Elliot Brown Holton
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I must say I wouldn't mind seeing the C60 Kingfisher make a comeback.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post (total 2):
welshladmvlow
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Squalus
Expert
Expert

Post by Squalus »

JonathaN_LI wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:01 pm Green is definitely popular, but based on past experiments, it doesn't seem like the CW has enough appeal for green.
Squalus wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:34 pm A green C60 Sapphire would be a safe guess.
You could be right. I've assumed that CW wouldn't stop at three dial colours. There is also the possibility for translucent dials. It'll be interesting to see what will transpire this year.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

New for CW in 2022?

Well? I don't think anyone saw the C5 and C8 Revival Models coming. Did we?

Both with Logos back at 12 o'clock. :-k :-k

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
mvlow
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

While we're dreaming up re-releases, I'd welcome a modernisation of the C1 Grand Malvern PR; a design I always thought was a smidge too big, yet incredibly beautiful in its simplicity. Twin flags and a modern watch face with subtle luminous features would be a great option, especially retaining a full exhibition case back.
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Bremont | Rolex