Trident C60 GMT Question

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nscottplummer

Trident C60 GMT Question

Post by nscottplummer »

I just want to take a sounding from the wise heads on this forum about the Trident C60 GMT I have just bought...

I am extremely pleased with the watch in all but one respect. The red GMT hand does not align precisely on-the-hour with whichever numeral (on the dial or bezel) it should be at when the hour hand is also on a particular hour. (Does that make sense?!)

By my reckoning the GMT hand is always about two minute notches out. There is also a little bit of play in it when I set the crown to point 2 and try adjust it.

I appreciate the workings inside an automatic watch with this extra function are a bit more complex, but is this to be expected? Or should I send the watch back on the 60/60 guarantee to have it realigned..?

Any thoughts would be very welcome.

All the best

Nick
castle
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Trident C60 GMT Question

Post by castle »

All hands should align at 12 midnight. If not, send back until 60/60. Misalignment is a recognised quality issue with this movement- you can't fix it but CW will be able to.
CW-C8 MKI
Steinhart Nav B-Chrono II
Citizen -"Orca" and 1976 chrono.
Seiko-"Spork", "Stargate II", "Blumo", 009 mod.
Zeno 300m army diver
Revue Thommen Airspeed chrono
Junkers Bauhaus.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

This is a problem found with the 2893-2 movement in watches from a variety of manufacturers. From the reports I've read, it seems the movement is aligned when it is produced/quality inspected but seems to sometimes suffer in transit.

Christopher Ward will be able to realign the movement such that the GMT hand aligns perfectly. See the (crappy blackberry) picture below..

Richard
RustyinRochester
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by RustyinRochester »

I have one...it came with the same problem. I spoke to Wera and she suggested a return so it can be repaired. After the repair, the hands align perfectly. And they also adjusted the bezel since that did not align perfectly. I recommend sending it in for service. You will be happy with the results.
"In comic strips, the person on the left always speaks first."
-George Carlin
nscottplummer

Post by nscottplummer »

Thanks all - I am reassured it's not just me being picky. It is a big purchase after all...

all the best

nick
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by st-rider »

nscottplummer wrote:... It is a big purchase after all...
Doesn't matter if it's £500, £5000 or £50 (cost is relative). It's about you being happy as a customer and happy with what you've bought. More so as it's internet so that's where the 60/60 comes in. Can't say fairer than that.

FWIW I like CWL customer service. They sort of make it personal and looked after (rather than treating you as just another waste of their time, like some companies).
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Sorry to hear about your issues here but as mentioned it is not unique. CW will sort this out for you sharpish I would imagine.