C60 Concept

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: C60 Concept

Post by nbg »

^^^ I will wait a while before doing my review of the blue C63GMT.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Well having obtained my C60 Concept from the waiting list (after I missed out initially) I was told it would be with me in March.
So imagine my surprise when I got an email and the watch arrived today!
Looks like I got an early Christmas present.

Now I might just need advice in removing a couple of links from the bracelet (is there a link anywhere?)
These users thanked the author Twin4Me for the post:
JasperCat
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Twin4Me wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:26 pm
Now I might just need advice in removing a couple of links from the bracelet (is there a link anywhere?)
There are loads in the bracelet :lol:
Sorry - couldn't resist. Congrats on the early delivery
These users thanked the author Kansas City Milkman for the post:
Deks
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Doh, yes, could have phrased that better!
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

Removing links is really easy. I know people have their own preferences. I'd go and buy one of the cheap kits off Amazon or other stockist that contains the screw tool, some pin punches, a little watch hammer and the link block and you'll have everything you need for around £8.

I'm a bit strange the way I do it but it works for me. The screw tools are pretty crap with the rotating base which is really 'crap' so to get the correct height add a coin or two and just screw it up a little. I gently locate the pin to the middle of the link pin and slowly screw it in as far as it will go then put it on the block and using a pin punch gently hammer it out with a couple of knocks.

When I've done that twice to remove the link(s) this is where I'm strange and I like to use the link tool again to re-insert the link. I push it in to start although it won't go in very far and I then use the tool to push the link back in. It works perfectly for me but I'm guessing others use the block and a hammer?.

Anyway that's the way I do it if any of it is of use 😀
These users thanked the author Deks for the post:
MiniMpi
Twin4Me

Post by Twin4Me »

Thanks, I'll have a go when I've got plenty of time.

I have one of those Amazon multi kits already, so I'll check it has everything I need.
These users thanked the author Twin4Me for the post:
Deks
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

tikkathree wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:32 am
UPDATE: I've just tried to post a review at Christopherward.com and every "read review" link I clicked went effectively nowhere, just down the page for the watch to the "You might also like...." section.

Tried it for the C60 Concept, tried it randomly for other watches thinking it might be influenced by the Concept being sold out, tried going in through my account dashboard, tried the search function and every time the result was the same: "read no reviews, post no reviews". I don't have a lot to do today but I know when to stop banging my head against the wall. ](*,) ](*,)
I think the easiest way is to write a review on trustpilot.com
Below is a link, this should help…
https://support.trustpilot.com/hc/en-us ... e-a-review

D
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

Question for those that purchased their Concept on the bracelet; did it come with half links?
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Sorry if I missed this and it's already been posted in this thread, but just in case... The Time Bum has reviewed the C60 Concept:
https://www.thetimebum.com/2021/12/chri ... ncept.html
These users thanked the author monkeymax for the post:
thomcat00
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

biggus_richus wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:48 pm Question for those that purchased their Concept on the bracelet; did it come with half links?
Hi... no, mine didn't, but I'm not sure CW supply/have half links for titanium bracelets :problem:

Talking off the bracelet... I've actually put the titanium bracelet from my C60 Elite GMT 1000 on my C60 Concept, as I've been too lazy this week to resize the bracelet that came with it... it works fine, and the only noticeable difference is a (very) small profile change on the end links (where they meet the case), but it's very very subtle :thumbup:

I'm also enjoying my C60 Elite on the blue/orange hybrid in the meantime :D
These users thanked the author JasperCat for the post:
biggus_richus
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

Having a play :D
C60 Concept 01.JPG
C60 Concept 02.JPG
C60 Concept 03.JPG
These users thanked the author StrapMeister for the post (total 2):
JasperCatnbg
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

JasperCat wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:34 pm
Hi... no, mine didn't, but I'm not sure CW supply/have half links for titanium bracelets :problem:

Talking off the bracelet... I've actually put the titanium bracelet from my C60 Elite GMT 1000 on my C60 Concept, as I've been too lazy this week to resize the bracelet that came with it... it works fine, and the only noticeable difference is a (very) small profile change on the end links (where they meet the case), but it's very very subtle :thumbup:

I'm also enjoying my C60 Elite on the blue/orange hybrid in the meantime :D
Thanks Gary. The pair of bracelets I bought over Black Friday weekend arrived today. One for the Concept and one for a mk2 (with half links).

Annoyingly I don’t need the half links for the mk2, I’m comfortably inside the micro adjust range. With the Concept I’m on the maximum adjustment. May have to try one of the steel half links out.

Interesting to hear about the difference between the Concept and Elite bracelets, I was curious about how they differed.
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post:
JasperCat
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

biggus_richus wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:48 pm Question for those that purchased their Concept on the bracelet; did it come with half links?
Mine did not. I guess half-links are for steel bracelets right now. I was able to get a good fit nonetheless.
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post (total 2):
JasperCatbiggus_richus
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

monkeymax wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:00 pm Sorry if I missed this and it's already been posted in this thread, but just in case... The Time Bum has reviewed the C60 Concept:
https://www.thetimebum.com/2021/12/chri ... ncept.html
It's a decent review with some errors. Some typos - Chronade anyone? Some factual - Is this really only the second watch an automatic SH21 has been in? My C60 Mk II from 2014 begs to differ. Good photography though and any review is good publicity for the brand.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

albionphoto wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:12 pm . . . . . . Some factual - Is this really only the second watch an automatic SH21 has been in? My C60 Mk II from 2014 begs to differ. . . . . . .
. . . and quite a number of others if you look at the data in the Movements section of the CWArchive.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England