C60 Concept

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JasH
Senior
Senior

Re: C60 Concept

Post by JasH »

Richard D wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:35 pm I was lucky to have seen one of the C60 Concept watches before they went on general sale. Although I appreciate the smallest of details and the haute horlogerie work, I have not warmed to the design. It’s not a watch that I would enjoy wearing. Delighted for those who have bought.
I can understand that.

I personally think it would work even better in a slimmer case without a dive bezel.

It makes for an awesome lume look, but the dive bezel detracts from the wonderfully designed and finished movement.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

albionphoto wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:23 pm Something different
C60C 05.jpg
You've really got all wound up over that photo Mark. Haven't you? :wink: :wink:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:31 pm
You've really got all wound up over that photo Mark. Haven't you? :wink: :wink:

Guy
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Either the SH21 is easier to wind than I thought or I'm more active than everyone else thinks.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

albionphoto wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:27 pm . . . . .

Either the SH21 is easier to wind than I thought or I'm more active than everyone else thinks.
I'll go with 'easier to wind'.

I find my Concept, like the Abyss SH21 and C60 Trident MkII SH21, will charge up to a full 5 days PR within one and a bit day's wear. Whereas my Apex is much slower gaining only one day's PR for each day's wear.

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
JasperCat
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

JasH wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:11 pm I personally think it would work even better in a slimmer case without a dive bezel.
As a diver it just doesn’t appeal to me, the design seems overworked for my liking. Hopefully next time it will.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

I keep logging in to the forums to look at pictures of the concept. It's not a dive watch and never was intended to be one. It is such an interesting watch to look at. I would love to wear one and inspect the finish in real life. Lol so if anyone wants to lend me one I'll take good care of it 😁
These users thanked the author Deks for the post:
JasperCat
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

Deks wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:13 am I keep logging in to the forums to look at pictures of the concept. It's not a dive watch and never was intended to be one. It is such an interesting watch to look at. I would love to wear one and inspect the finish in real life. Lol so if anyone wants to lend me one I'll take good care of it 😁
Nice try. :wave: :wave:
These users thanked the author albionphoto for the post (total 3):
DeksJasperCattikkathree
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
JasH
Senior
Senior

Post by JasH »

Deks wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:13 am It's not a dive watch and never was intended to be one.
So why is it in a dive case, with a dive uni-directional bezel?
Deks
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 23

Post by Deks »

JasH wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:39 pm
Deks wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:13 am It's not a dive watch and never was intended to be one.
So are you seriously saying YOU think it is intended to be a dive watch?

I look forward to your comments confirming why it is so suited to be such........
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Maybe being as there are such small markers on the dial, a bezel with 1-12 could work nicely. Then Wa La… a wannabe GMT!
Photoshop anyone?
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Deks wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:35 am
JasH wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:39 pm
So are you seriously saying YOU think it is intended to be a dive watch?

I look forward to your comments confirming why it is so suited to be such........
30 ATM water resistance?
These users thanked the author watchaholic for the post:
tikkathree
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Interesting debate here on whether it is a dive watch or not. I’m not a diver, so I can’t comment with any authority on whether you COULD actually scuba-dive with it. Given the WR you could certainly wear it on a dive, but I don’t know whether it would give you the visual information you would need easily enough. Perhaps a proper diver could answer that?

I think that whereas it used to be a term applied strictly to a watch designed and built for diving, the term dive watch has now become applied in a rather blanket fashion to a style of watch.

You could certainly swim with this one. I wouldn’t, personally, for two reasons. Firstly, I don’t own one. Secondly I don’t particularly like it; I acknowledge that it is a brilliant achievement and a real showcase, but it just doesn’t appeal to me.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post (total 3):
JasperCatalbionphotoDeks
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

It fulfils the criteria to be a dive watch: water resistance and an elapsed timing bezel. Would I dive in it? No…something more traditional and less concept-looking would win out every time.

As a funny aside we really need the owners of the Concept on this forum to bolster its reviews on the CW website. It is struggling along with one at the mo’ from a lady called Francesca. She had nothing to say about the watch at all, but was delighted it came in a sustainable box and with a free jigsaw. This made me roar, it’s about CW’s golden child after all.

Come on you forum wordsmith’s, it’s time to get to work. 😂😂😂

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post (total 2):
JasperCatalbionphoto
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by tikkathree »

strapline wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:14 am It fulfils the criteria to be a dive watch: water resistance and an elapsed timing bezel. Would I dive in it? No…something more traditional and less concept-looking would win out every time.

As a funny aside we really need the owners of the Concept on this forum to bolster its reviews on the CW website. It is struggling along with one at the mo’ from a lady called Francesca. She had nothing to say about the watch at all, but was delighted it came in a sustainable box and with a free jigsaw. This made me roar, it’s about CW’s golden child after all.

Come on you forum wordsmith’s, it’s time to get to work. 😂😂😂

Des
Hmm, fair point and not one, tbh, which I had considered. Let's make some time today.
I don't get opportunities to dive and I don't even have a bath so the wettest any of my watches is going to get is on a leisurely shower and no I don't get steam and soap anxieties. :lol:
I've worn mine pretty much all week and I have no worries about the Concept's suitability for my "covid generation" retirement lifestyle.

UPDATE: I've just tried to post a review at Christopherward.com and every "read review" link I clicked went effectively nowhere, just down the page for the watch to the "You might also like...." section.

Tried it for the C60 Concept, tried it randomly for other watches thinking it might be influenced by the Concept being sold out, tried going in through my account dashboard, tried the search function and every time the result was the same: "read no reviews, post no reviews". I don't have a lot to do today but I know when to stop banging my head against the wall. ](*,) ](*,)
These users thanked the author tikkathree for the post (total 2):
JasperCatstrapline
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ we could also do with some ratings in the archive, along with a couple of mini reviews. People seem to have forgotten about this facility.

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#m ... 570_page=1

In fact, more ratings generally would be good. There is only one for the Sealander GMT at the moment, and it’s mine! :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)