Warranty repair?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
SVGary

Warranty repair?

Post by SVGary »

Amongst a number of CWs that I own, I have 2017 C60 Trident Pro GMT 43mm.

The GMT hand has become misaligned with the hour had by approx 15 mins. The watch is still under warranty and has been serviced in line with the warranty conditions.

Can I expect CW to carry out the re-alignment of the GMT hand under warranty?
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: Warranty repair?

Post by ajax87 »

I expect only CW can answer that question.

There have been reports of people having issues with CW service regarding warranties recently, but I have a watch in with CW for warranty repair right now have have had a great experience with no hassle.

Contact CW and explain the issue. They’ll likely want you to send it in and inspect it to confirm it will be covered under warranty. That’s what they did with mine.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

This might be worth a try to see if it sorts itself. I have had some success using this setting method. In step 5 I usually set the GMT hand wherever I want it - I usually have mine set to GMT - go figure :lol:

Setting GMT
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
SVGary

Post by SVGary »

Just a quick update - CW have agreed to correcting the GMT Mis-alignment under warranty but quoted 8-10 weeks leadtime!
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

SVGary wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:07 pm Just a quick update - CW have agreed to correcting the GMT Mis-alignment under warranty but quoted 8-10 weeks leadtime!
Happy for you that they are doing it under warranty :thumbup:
8-10 weeks is actually not too bad compared to other brands, hopefully it might be ready sooner for you.
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

They've recently quoted me 8-10 weeks for a battery change. I think it's just that they're that busy at the moment.
However, they also quoted me that on a service for an auto last year and turned it around in less than 6 weeks, so it may be quicker! Still worth getting it sorted.
nowttolose
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Warranty repair?

Post by nowttolose »

Just had a simple bezel realignment completed under warranty and that took 8 weeks, so what you are quoted seems pretty realistic.
Dave

C65 Super Compressor Black Sand
C60 Trident Pro 600 Mk3 38mm Black/Red
C60 Trident Pro 600 GMT Mk3 40mm Black
C65 Dartmouth Blue
Rolex Submariner 116610LN
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

I just had my sh21 movement serviced and completed an entire overhaul within 3 weeks, currently on its way back to me :oops: