Fantasy Football 2021/22

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: Fantasy Football 2021/22

Post by suicidal_orange »

welshlad wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:15 pmDon't forget that the next round of games starts on Tuesday evening, with the deadline for changes being 6pm GMT Tuesday.
Can't forget what you never noticed in the first place - thanks for mentioning it!

One crippled keeper and one who never plays, guess I'm wasting another transfer :grumble:
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Manager of the Month - November

It's now early December, which means November is over! And that means it's Manager of the Month time. :)

Here's the top 4 for November, where the winner and runner-up were able to pull away a little from the others:

MotM 202111 November.JPG

Congratulations to Mark who is November Manager of the Month! \:D/

Mark was just able to pip Garry to the Manager of the Month award. However, in the overall standings, it is the other way around and Garry has just pipped Mark! Last month's #1 and #2, Richard and Jonathan respectively, are now down to 5th and 4th overall. Here's the top 3 at the end of November (Game Week 14):

Overall at end 202111 November - Top.JPG
Can our new leader, Garry, hang on to top spot through the very busy month of December? Only if he's on Santa's "good boy" list! :santa:
These users thanked the author welshlad for the post (total 2):
A1soknownasBahnstormer_vRS
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Suligav01

Post by Suligav01 »

think im lucky son hasnt gone down with covid but idk if they are going to play again for a while. I doubt they can get europa league if this impacs them over xmas period. just what they needed
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Suligav01 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:23 am think im lucky son hasnt gone down with covid but idk if they are going to play again for a while...
Has the list officially come out yet? It seemed to be unclear to date but I read that Son might have even been included from hearsay and that he isn't. I have 3 Spurs players so it would be beneficial to know but it may be that the weekend game and even the midweek fixture might even be impacted if it rolls on.

This may not only impact the spurs players we have but also Brighton and Leicester. Nightmare, who would be an FPL manager!
Suligav01

Post by Suligav01 »

A1soknownas wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:45 pm
Suligav01 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:23 am think im lucky son hasnt gone down with covid but idk if they are going to play again for a while...
Has the list officially come out yet? It seemed to be unclear to date but I read that Son might have even been included from hearsay and that he isn't. I have 3 Spurs players so it would be beneficial to know but it may be that the weekend game and even the midweek fixture might even be impacted if it rolls on.

This may not only impact the spurs players we have but also Brighton and Leicester. Nightmare, who would be an FPL manager!
just going off FPL list of unavailable players and Son still in clear but yeah no game with rennes tonight and then another postponed game this weekend. could be some good captains for double GW coming up
Suligav01

Post by Suligav01 »

my midfield is stacked but who should i cpt?

salah-bernardo-bruno-son-sancho?
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Current rumours/flags/postponements means I have no 'keeper, no Son, no Toney, and concerns over Jota and Smith-Rowe.

Feels like this could be a week of hoping to tread water.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ or maybe play your Wild Card?

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Also the free hit chip means you can change your entire team for one game week and it will then revert back to the original.

Could help for one game week but not if spurs miss a 2nd game.

Deadline for selections is 6:30pm tonight.
Suligav01

Post by Suligav01 »

sproughton wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:25 pm Current rumours/flags/postponements means I have no 'keeper, no Son, no Toney, and concerns over Jota and Smith-Rowe.

I feel you. had to rejig whole team for xmas to get back on track but after several transfers got hit by covid and have like 9 points this week with only salah and Son to play. think im throwing towl in on this season. last 2 seasons been a bit of a joke. they should increase bench/budget/transfers/wildcards during covid.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Suligav01 wrote:
sproughton wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:25 pm Current rumours/flags/postponements means I have no 'keeper, no Son, no Toney, and concerns over Jota and Smith-Rowe.

I feel you. had to rejig whole team for xmas to get back on track but after several transfers got hit by covid and have like 9 points this week with only salah and Son to play. think im throwing towl in on this season. last 2 seasons been a bit of a joke. they should increase bench/budget/transfers/wildcards during covid.

Why? It's the same for all participants.

It's how you manage your team and situation that counts.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Suligav01 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:53 am

Tough week for almost everyone I think. Hang in there.

Guess it shows the importance of the bench long term so I need to sort that bit. Hopefully any blips might even themselves overall. Each player still plays 38 but look to the future and use double game weeks to your advantage where you can. :thumbup:
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by sproughton »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:28 am Why? It's the same for all participants.

It's how you manage your team and situation that counts.
Yes, to a point. When games are cancelled at the last minute, especially after the deadline it becomes pot luck whether you're impacted or not.

I brought in Ronaldo last week, and then we found out his game this week was off. That gave me time to make a transfer if I wanted, but with Watford's game called off during the gameweek, there's nothing people could do to address that.

Just need to hope people have good bench options and not too many players in the games that are called off.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

sproughton wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:39 pm Yes, to a point. When games are cancelled at the last minute, especially after the deadline it becomes pot luck whether you're impacted or not.

I brought in Ronaldo last week, and then we found out his game this week was off. That gave me time to make a transfer if I wanted, but with Watford's game called off during the gameweek, there's nothing people could do to address that.

Just need to hope people have good bench options and not too many players in the games that are called off.
I brought in Ronaldo for Kane, then Ronaldo has been out. Hopefully United are back playing at the weekend otherwise I might have to bring Kane back in!

Didn't even realise Leicester v Spurs is off tonight too, nightmare.

Imagine the panic if Liverpool get called off and people have to use their skill to select a captain other than Salah!!
suicidal_orange
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by suicidal_orange »

The only way to level the field with cancellations would be including the players selected today whenever the match is rescheduled, otherwise those who got lucky now get to profit from their double weeks too. With my programmer hat on that's probably not easy to do while keeping everything looking good on a website (assigning future matches to a past gameweek and recalculating should be easy enough, but the matches would then show in that week when they were played "today")

I have players from 12 teams but still managed to hit 3 -'s this week, and that's having removed Son ahead of Totenham's previous no-show. There's always plenty of luck required to do well but I too am unmotivated to continue. Sounds like if I had I been in last year I wouldn't have bothered this, although the start of the season was a hopeful time so maybe I would...