Tribus Orders

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Re: Tribus Orders

Post by Stif »

That's a good point @JAFO, I did confuse the second hand with the minute hand briefly at one point last night! I'm willing to forgive it though as it's a damn handsome watch overall, and it's marketed as a dress watch rather than an everyday tool watch which I think is fair - good information for anyone that is/was on the fence about this one though!
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."

Developer of mobile watch app WristCheck - find out more at wristcheck.app
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

Stif wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm Received my TRI-03 yesterday, so thought I'd share a few thoughts…
Looks a really nice watch and a great first mechanical/higher end watch👍🏼
Good to hear your thoughts too
These users thanked the author Fat-Sam for the post:
Stif
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Stif wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:32 pm That's a good point @JAFO, I did confuse the second hand with the minute hand briefly at one point last night! I'm willing to forgive it though as it's a damn handsome watch overall, and it's marketed as a dress watch rather than an everyday tool watch which I think is fair - good information for anyone that is/was on the fence about this one though!
Well.you will have to be quick. Of chronos, there only seems 2 be a couple of TRI-02s, and red TRI-04s now.
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Stif »

So after a little deliberation I decided to pick up a TRI-02 as well (I've previously said the website photos/renders didn't do much for me, but absolutely love the real life pictures I've seen since, both here and on the Facebook group - especially with it on a Nato.

Ordered one on the rubber strap on Saturday and just received a shipping notification - here's hoping it's ok as there have been a few grumbles about QC on some of these, so I'll be giving it a solid going over before taking the tags off I think, although as time has gone on I'm a bit more hopeful that this massive clearance will be setting the company up to at least continue into 2022, so if it's not up to standard hopefully that can be fixed - at the reduced asking price these still seem to be a lot of watch for the money.
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."

Developer of mobile watch app WristCheck - find out more at wristcheck.app
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

You did well there. It looks like all the chronometers are gone now except for Red TRI-04s. There seems to be just 1 MDS, and I presume there are still 303 squadrons and Liverpool watches. Maybe they took back LIverpool watches from fanstores in various places. They were sort of hidden on Web menu in the Offers tab, and I didn't even realise there were any left, to be honest.

I ordered an orange TRI-04, and got a message that they were being made, and would ship after 10th December. It now says that on the TRI-04 page, but otherwise says restocking in 2022.

I didn't have any QC issues with the watches I have bought. Now it's been pointed out, I can see that the case between the lugs is not brushed the same as the case flanks, but I didn't treat that with any great significance. My chronometers are running at less than +2 secs, which I like a lot. I have put a black strap on my TRI-01 in gunmetal finish, which I now think is a far better look than the camel strap it came with.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
Stif
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ The TRI-05 303 Squadron is showing SOLD OUT, but there is a healthy selection of the Liverpool watches available.

Guy

Sent from my XPERIA 5 III using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
SiDando2552
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
SiDando2552
Senior
Senior

Post by SiDando2552 »

Here are my new TRIBUS models. So happy with all of them.

Thinking the 303 Squadron Edition is my favourite but each of them are very smart in the flesh.

2967669C-A734-40C1-9E9C-DEFCBAE44D27.jpeg
4A36E64A-B8E7-4D50-A435-E09F79432E42.jpeg
10D7FEBA-CC1B-4850-9E57-E9495C23E7CF.jpeg
2630B89B-CE3F-4E7C-A51E-93BA14091790.jpeg
Last edited by Amor Vincit Omnia on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Placed attached images inline
These users thanked the author SiDando2552 for the post (total 4):
StifRichard DAmor Vincit Omniaborderman
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

They are running short now. 1 MDS, only red TRI-04s left. I think there might be a few Liverpool watches.
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

SiDando2552 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:29 pm Here are my new TRIBUS models. So happy with all of them.

Thinking the 303 Squadron Edition is my favourite but each of them are very smart in the flesh.
Excellent selection, every time I see that teal dial I wish I had gone for it. I hesitated because of lug to lug length any they were gone!
SiDando2552
Senior
Senior

Post by SiDando2552 »

A1soknownas wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:15 pm
SiDando2552 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:29 pm Here are my new TRIBUS models. So happy with all of them.

Excellent selection, every time I see that teal dial I wish I had gone for it. I hesitated because of lug to lug length any they were gone!
Very kind of you. Interestingly of the 4, I thought the teal would be the instant favourite but actually that’s ranked 4th at the moment. That’s not meant to be a criticism of it at all. More that the other 3 are so much better than the website images show. 303 especially.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

SiDando2552 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 pm More that the other 3 are so much better than the website images show. 303 especially.
Which version of the GMT do you prefer? I did look at the black/gold version of the one with the subdial, but I probably have enough GMTs at the moment! :lol:
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
SiDando2552
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
SiDando2552
Senior
Senior

Post by SiDando2552 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:42 pm
SiDando2552 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:35 pm More that the other 3 are so much better than the website images show. 303 especially.
Which version of the GMT do you prefer? I did look at the black/gold version of the one with the subdial, but I probably have enough GMTs at the moment! :lol:
That’s very difficult. Both are really nice to be fair but for different reasons 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

The Sport COSC is just that. More of a sporty look and feel to it on the wrist. The TRI-02 is the more dressy of the two so I suppose it depends on which sort of style you’re after.

I’m sure this has been of no use to you a-whatsoever 🤣
These users thanked the author SiDando2552 for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

I have the TRI-04 in black/orange. The GMT subdial is pretty unreadable, especially at night. I’m 58 and use not particularly strong reading glasses incidentally. A very nicely finished and comfortable watch however…👍
These users thanked the author Gar787 for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
PHIL
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Gar787 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:50 pm
I have the TRI-04 in black/orange. The GMT subdial is pretty unreadable, especially at night. I’m 58 and use not particularly strong reading glasses incidentally. A very nicely finished and comfortable watch however…👍
It looked a bit stealthy and abyss-like to me when I studied it, but it didn't quite put me off. :D
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
Gar787
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

As of today 02 Dec, Tribus has more stock on hand now across their COSC range, not all colors, but all models.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair