Have we reached peak trident?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Have we reached peak trident?

Post by johncolescarr »

Watching the stalwart Trident C60 Pro grow from the toolish mk1, with aluminium bezel and 300m WR, the mk2 with improved bezel, case back and quick adjust bracelet, then the revolutionary mk3 with updated case, dial, hands and bracelet and offering 3 sizes and bi-directional on the GMT, it has me wondering what more CW can do to improve the now exceptionally capable mk3.

All of these changes have been incremental but if you compare the mk1 to the latest mk3 they really make a difference.

I’m struggling to think how the mk3 could be made ostensibly better. Perhaps an updated bracelet micro adjust mechanism similar to the R and O divers? Perhaps regulate the movement and brand as a chronometer with or without COSC?

As a GMT lover the only step change that could be made for me would be the SH21 with independent hour hand, now that would peak my interest…

But other than that I’m struggling to see how it can be improved on, other than preferential aesthetic, ahem, logo (but didn’t want to make this post about it!)
These users thanked the author johncolescarr for the post (total 2):
tikkathreeStif
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
hgercek

Re: Have we reached peak trident?

Post by hgercek »

Date at 6 and logo at 12 positions, screw links on the bracelet. I would also appreciate if they came up with a curved end rubber strap with bader deployant.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

You might be interested to read this

https://www.christopherwardforum.com/g ... ?hilit=mk4
These users thanked the author Thegreyman for the post (total 2):
Amor Vincit Omniathomcat00
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

Thegreyman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:16 am You might be interested to read this

Oh I forgot about that thread, I think I even commented on it. May as well close this one down
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
magicman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by magicman »

johncolescarr wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:24 am
Thegreyman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:16 am You might be interested to read this

Oh I forgot about that thread, I think I even commented on it. May as well close this one down
Same here, but as it's 12 pages, I've not read/re-read it all as yet.

I think the Trident is fantastic, if it was available with No date, it could have saved me Thousands.

Fingers crossed for the MK4.

Regards Steve
Selling Tudor Pelagos 39
Lars
Senior
Senior

Post by Lars »

Date at 6, logo at 12 and a subtle wave textured dial like the mk2 please.

I also wonder is CW will ever add in date magnification / cyclops.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Lars wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:02 am I also wonder is CW will ever add in date magnification / cyclops.
I hope not! Although, if the date is at 6 o’clock, and the cyclops is round like on the Meistersingers, it may not be half bad?
Drew
Jcalder68
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jcalder68 »

Personally, I’d like to see COSC Sellita movements available as an option in all models, Trident as well as Sealander.

Keep well,

C
These users thanked the author Jcalder68 for the post:
jkbarnes
CW Watches - Malvern, Dartmouth, Lympstone, Sandhurst, Elite 1000, c60 300 Quartz.
Recently started hand making most of the leather straps you’ll see on my watches, happy to consider bespoke order for forum members.
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

What I’m hearing, perhaps apart from screw links, is preferential aesthetic changes rather than spec upgrades. I feel that the only part of the C60 which can be meaningfully improved is the movement.

I say this with positivity and praise for the C60 rather than criticism. It’s so good in my eyes that there will now just be iterative updates, like a mature big brand
These users thanked the author johncolescarr for the post:
jkbarnes
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

johncolescarr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:05 pm
I say this with positivity and praise for the C60 rather than criticism. It’s so good in my eyes that there will now just be iterative updates, like a mature big brand
This feels right to me. Updates as technology or changes in overall purpose for the model range or brand allow. Other things like going no date or a model with new indices or hands aren't really improvements, anyway.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?