UPDATE UPDATE: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 - 60/60 Guarantee denied at 5th Year - A Happy Ending

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Macdaz
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 14

Re: UPDATE UPDATE: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 - 60/60 Guarantee denied at 5th Year - A Happy Ending

Post by Macdaz »

Great news. Well done for sticking at it and,IMHO, going about it the right way.

Good to see CW doing the right thing too.
These users thanked the author Macdaz for the post:
NeWard
SMP|Victorinox Groundforce|Mako/XL|Steinhart OVM|Smiths Everest|C60 Trident 600|C8 Pilot Mk2|Vostok 1965|C8 Flyer Mk1|Seiko Monster|C7 Rapide|Steinhart Aviation|C65 GMT|C9 AMGTLE|C60 Bronze|C8 Al Deere|C65 SC|C63 GMT|C65 Chrono|C63 Auto|C65 Dune|2023 FLE
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: UPDATE UPDATE: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 - 60/60 Guarantee denied at 5th Year - A Happy Ending

Post by exHowfener »

Good to see CW doing the right thing
The frustrating thing is that they always seem to "do the right thing" in the end. At least in these tales on the forum. So why they just don't do it in the first place - and avoid all the negativity - is hard to understand. Perhaps, as I stated above, it's just people 'working from home' and missing out on the interaction you get when people are all working in the same office.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Pleased for you.
These users thanked the author exHowfener for the post:
NeWard
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Great outcome. Too bad it wasn't taken care of in the first place. I guess this exercise teaches us to keep all of our CW paperwork and to be wary when purchasing a used CW.
These users thanked the author Leon O for the post:
NeWard
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Great news. Hope that the watch finds its way back to you again soon and you enjoy it for years to come :thumbup:.

Thank you for posting and sticking with it - It may even help others out too if they end up in the same scenario in future.

Also credit to MF for dealing with it personally.
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post:
NeWard
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

Fantastic news! I hope you enjoy the watch for many more years.
These users thanked the author jkbarnes for the post:
NeWard
Drew
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I think this is an appropriate outcome and am glad to learn CW will repair/service the movement per the original offer. I’m sorry it took a dust-up. Hope to see pics of the repaired watch on the boards here.
These users thanked the author thomcat00 for the post:
NeWard
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I'm glad to hear that Mike France stepped in to sort this situation out for you.
I hope you get that lovely rare C60 back to you soon so you can enjoy it.
These users thanked the author MiniMpi for the post:
NeWard
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

Great news.
Well done MF & CW for doing the right thing.
These users thanked the author Bounce for the post:
NeWard
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I think the power of the forum has helped you get a positive resolution here and great that Mike France sorted this out. You'd like to think that, as part of this, internally CW have recognised that they need to make a distinction between watches sold when the guarantee was a straight 5 years and the current position of the 4 or 5 years depending if the watch has been serviced.

I still find the current guarantee somewhat misleading and I think it would be better if they just came out and said it was a straight 4 years. Afaik, other watch brands do not make a service a conditional part of their initial purchase guarantee. I hear the arguement about cars but that is an entirely different product with more consumable parts that require regular replacement (engine oil, air filter etc) so not really comparable.
These users thanked the author Thegreyman for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRSNeWardLavaine
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Good to hear that this is now being dealt with in accordance with the contractual guarantee that was in place when the watch was originally sold.

Patrick I agree with your comment about the 4 year guarantee. :thumbup:

As to whether other brands require a service as part of the guarantee, I can’t think of any. However I do recall that a few of those with longer guarantees require a pressure test (done free of charge) at set intervals.

Neil
These users thanked the author nbg for the post:
NeWard
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

I've only just come across this thread but decided to read every post as I thought it was an important issue.

Very pleased to hear of the end result which in my opinion was the correct one.

It was good to see so much considered input by so many members and makes me proud to be part of this Forum.

The damage to CW's reputation within its own Forum was potentially considerable and I would not have wanted to have seen that.

Congratulations to all involved and to CW in the form of Mike France for doing the right thing.

scooter
These users thanked the author scooter for the post (total 2):
NeWardtikkathree
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 Red Bezel 1 of 32

Post by H0rati0 »

NeWard wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:37 pm
I just wanted to say my sincere appreciation of what you and everyone else offered in here that helped me to push through my situation.
Very happy to help and to be a small part of you (and CW) getting the right result and most of all I do hope you have many years of enjoying your watch when it comes back.

Aside, I do wish this sort of disappointment would be nipped in the bud by CW CS, stamped out, period. Everybody on this forum wants CW to succeed and prosper and this sort of snafu really should be eliminated. CW, please make your promises/conditions explicit and consistent - then hold them with a little judicious leeway.

So drop 60/60 - it isn't. Or better, stick with it, no strings attached.

You know it makes sense!
These users thanked the author H0rati0 for the post (total 2):
cwaNeWard
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Well done Mike and CW.
These users thanked the author Richard D for the post:
NeWard
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Bungle-ator
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Bungle-ator »

scooter wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:28 am I've only just come across this thread but decided to read every post as I thought it was an important issue.

Very pleased to hear of the end result which in my opinion was the correct one.

It was good to see so much considered input by so many members and makes me proud to be part of this Forum.

The damage to CW's reputation within its own Forum was potentially
considerable and I would not have wanted to have seen that.

Congratulations to all involved and to CW in the form of Mike France for doing the right thing.

scooter
Absolutely the correct result. I'd say that they already damaged themselves though as things like this lose people's confidence in the brand. How companies deal with things like this define them.

Mike France has certainly stepped up here but he's also failed. He's running this company and things like this should never fall across his desk. At worst, it should reach lower or middle management before being approved. If a customer service assistant isn't sure then it should just go up to the next level and so forth until it reaches Mike France. It should only reach him if there's real reason to reject it but could still be ambiguous. A case as clear sounding as this should never go past the first supervisor before being approved.

Mike France's reasoned action needs be an integral part of the companies operations or people will stop buying.
These users thanked the author Bungle-ator for the post:
NeWard
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Unlike many Companies who doubtless have tier upon tier of junior and middle management I think it's quite likely that isn't the case with CW.

I personally find it commendable that within 5 days of posting his thread the OP has been contacted by the Top Man who has satisfactorily sorted the problem.

I'm not aware of any Company that would have done that but if they have then good on them too.

Credit where and when it's due.

scooter
These users thanked the author scooter for the post (total 3):
jkbarnesthomcat00tikkathree
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)