Tribus Orders

A place to discuss other watch-brands
alansmithee

Re: Tribus Orders

Post by alansmithee »

nburgess wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:38 am So..my TR-01 turned up on Saturday.
First impressions were positive...great looking watch, and seemingly well finished.
A quick wind and it was on the wrist.
Come around 4.30pm, it stopped. Didn't think too much of it, as only gave it a little wind, so wound it again and all was good. Took it off for the night, only to put it back on in the morning and it'd stopped at 4.30 again..And this was repeated yesterday afternoon and this morning.

So it looks as though it will be going back for repair. Gutted.
Anyone else had this problem before, and what could be the likely cause ?
I will be curious what happens with the repair given the company who makes them is likely owned money!

Maybe if they have any knocking around - they just send you another watch.
cwa
Senior
Senior

Post by cwa »

alansmithee wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:45 am
First impressions were positive...great looking watch, and seemingly well finished.
Come around 4.30pm, it stopped. Didn't think too much of it, as only gave it a little wind, so wound it again and all was good. Took it off for the night, only to put it back on in the morning and it'd stopped at 4.30 again..And this was repeated yesterday afternoon and this morning.

I will be curious what happens with the repair given the company who makes them is likely owned money!

Given it’s sold as a COSC watch, I wouldn’t accept a repair, I’d want a new replacement, along with a matching COSC certificate for the movement.
SiDando2552
Senior
Senior

Post by SiDando2552 »

cwa wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:43 am
alansmithee wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:45 am

Given it’s sold as a COSC watch, I wouldn’t accept a repair, I’d want a new replacement, along with a matching COSC certificate for the movement.
A new movement? I should have requested that to CW when my C7 Hornet stopped working. It was fixed and now seems fine 👍🏻
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

If it's stopping at the same time (4.30) every 12 hours then I'd guess that something is catching / been knocked slightly out of alignment so hopefully a fairly simple repair. If you (gently) move it on by five minutes or so does it run normally?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

RM tracking shows that my parcel has been received at Warrington Mail Centre this evening.

I'm getting quite excited.

scooter
These users thanked the author scooter for the post (total 3):
SiDando2552audio.billStif
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Lug_life

Post by Lug_life »

scooter wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:54 pm RM tracking shows that my parcel has been received at Warrington Mail Centre this evening.

scooter
Ah nice mines finally updated too!
These users thanked the author Lug_life for the post (total 2):
scooteraudio.bill
SiDando2552
Senior
Senior

Post by SiDando2552 »

scooter wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:54 pm RM tracking shows that my parcel has been received at Warrington Mail Centre this evening.

scooter
Snap! Good luck for the arrival 👍🏻
These users thanked the author SiDando2552 for the post:
scooter
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Me too. It's at the post office. The last one was RMSD , so it should be here tomorrow.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post (total 2):
SiDando2552audio.bill
SiDando2552
Senior
Senior

Post by SiDando2552 »

JAFO wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:00 pm Me too. It's at the post office. The last one was RMSD , so it should be here tomorrow.
My dilemma is do I let it come tomorrow and face the wrath when I get home or delay 24hrs when I’m at home?

Place your bets 🤣
These users thanked the author SiDando2552 for the post (total 2):
Lug_lifeStif
Gar787
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 7

Post by Gar787 »

Same here…tomorrow.
These users thanked the author Gar787 for the post (total 2):
audio.billLug_life
PHIL
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Stif »

I received my shipping notification last night, but tracking isn't showing it being received by RM yet, so expect that means pick-up today, delivery tomorrow - I've waited this long though, sure another day won't kill me!

This'll be my first 'proper' watch, so looking forward to it - I'd had my eye on the TRI-01 for a while, but it's the TRI-03 (black dial/steel case & hands) that I was able to order, which was a very close second for me - 70% off made me jump at it, but it's cost about 50% of what I'd probably have *wanted* to pay.
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."

Developer of mobile watch app WristCheck - find out more at wristcheck.app
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

First proper watch?
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Stif »

golfjunky wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:25 am First proper watch?
Sorry, to clarify it'll be my first mechanical watch - I've loved watches since I was about 11 and my dad gave me an old Lorus watch (with both hands and a wee digital read out) when I went camping with the Scouts. I've got a couple of relatively nice (to me) cheap-ish quartz watches, but have spent the best part of the last decade wearing various smartwatches (I work in tech and found them useful!). Now that I exclusively work from home I don't get the same benefit from them though and in all honesty want to be able to look down at my wrist and feel a bit of _joy!_

Quality mechanical watches seem far more attainable these days (due in part to brands like Christopher Ward and the advent of uncountable micro-brands, and partly because I now have far more disposable income than I did in my youth), so this is my first (and still fully intend to treat myself to a Chris Ward for my birthday in January!) There's always been something mysterious and beautiful about a watch powered by springs and gears!

I'm new here - I really should take this to the 'introduce yourself' forum which I found a day or so ago! :lol:
These users thanked the author Stif for the post:
Lug_life
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."

Developer of mobile watch app WristCheck - find out more at wristcheck.app
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

My order should arrive today, having made it to my local DO this morning.

When challenged by her indoors I shall simply say it was “70% off” & “I can return it if I don’t like it”.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Well. The TRI-01 left Warrington yesterday, arrived today, and very pleasing.
My son also ordered a TRI-03, but that reached Warrington about an hour later than the TRI-01, and that's still at Warrington. Hopefully tomorrow.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
audio.bill