UPDATE UPDATE: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 - 60/60 Guarantee denied at 5th Year - A Happy Ending

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
cwa
Senior
Senior

Re: UPDATE: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 Red Bezel 1 of 32 - 60/60 Guarantee denied at 5th Year

Post by cwa »

Richard D wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:40 pm Just read the thread too and it’s not a good look for the brand.
I keep thinking the same. Especially when the movement in question is their in house movement that they continue to celebrate.
These users thanked the author cwa for the post (total 2):
jkbarnesNeWard
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: UPDATE: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 Red Bezel 1 of 32 - 60/60 Guarantee denied at 5th Year

Post by JAFO »

One thing that occurred to me is that all it may need is a clean and no parts, which I presume any watchmaker could do. If it needs parts it becomes difficult. It's one reason I am happy to have ETA and selitta movements.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I would be amazed if cw didn’t resolve this today! They will see this and think “oh s##t!”
These users thanked the author stefs for the post:
NeWard
Cheers now, Paul
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

108 posts in four days, that must be some kind of record! Hopefully this gets sorted too your satisfaction.

Des
These users thanked the author strapline for the post:
NeWard
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
MarkingTime
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by MarkingTime »

I don't see this as difficult to resolve. CW don't appear to have given a valid reason for not honouring the warranty. On purchase, the contract was for a full five years, no special requirements.

Quite clearly something has gone wrong with the watch internally, maybe just a loose screw, but it isn't old enough to require a service, unless the SH21 movement is particularly fragile and unreliable.
These users thanked the author MarkingTime for the post (total 2):
cwaNeWard
Bounce
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Bounce »

I know one thing for sure as much as I like some watches with the SH21 movement, I will never ever purchase one now.
Give me an ETA or Sellita any day of the week.
I also know my new C60 GMT only has a 4 year warranty not 5. :lol:
These users thanked the author Bounce for the post (total 2):
cwaNeWard
Panerai Luminor GMT.
Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Tudor Pepsi GMT.
Tudor Harrods BB
Bremont ALT1 World Timer
C60 Trident MK3 GMT.
C60 Trident MK3 Tide.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

This is a true statement:
The only parties who know the full truth of this situation are the OP and CW

Here’s another true statement:
The OP has open access here to express his side of the story. CW have no access to express their side of the story here (and by that I mean that in all the years I’ve been on the forum CW have never contributed on threads like this one - or anywhere on the forum- since the forum is and always has been independently run)

Everything else is speculation and choosing sides in the absence of information. Take care.
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

A bit of speculation from me ...
I get it that junior employees tend to follow guidance and instruction. But in a company with a small number of employees it shouldn’t be difficult for there to be oversight at a senior level.
I wonder if this is the kind of situation that is happening in many companies where people are working from home? Sat in an office you hear what's going on and chip in with an opinion. Working in isolation has it's benefits in a pandemic but some things fall by the wayside.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

I am happy to choose sides based upon previous experience with CW and their Customer Service inconsistency, particularly since their growth phase.

It would be helpful to know if CW consider the warranty conditions and their obligations to have changed at all since the wording change. Or if they are now insisting that it was always the case that they would not honour a 60 month cover without a service interval.

There should be a clear differentiation between the OP situation and any future purchases, however -

For me the 60/60 was key to the brand and was backed by substance.
The movement would be covered and you could also take the stickers off a watch to inspect it properly without fear of knocking 30% off if you returned it. The 60/60 now appears to be more marketing and spin than a reassurance.

Here is Mike France in a video posted less than a week ago -

4 minutes, 10 seconds - SH21
"Most reliable of all the movements we put into our watches".

9 minutes 30 second - 60/60.
Buy with confidence and "60 days to test out this watch", "send it back, no quibble no fuss". "5 year warranty", "we stand behind everything we do".

There is a difference to what is said in person compared to what is written on the website. You can't project one thing and then do another. In reality the 60 days is just the equivalent any legal requirement for distance selling and the right to return but just for a longer period. There is no 'testing' allowed.

They are a business and will do what is right for them, but they need to be wary that they cannot have it all. They cannot be a ruthless business (or disingenuous in some cases) whilst maintaining the warm beneficial glow of past history as a company who have exceptional customer service.
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post (total 4):
LairdjkbarnesWolfman53NeWard
monkeymax
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by monkeymax »

Coming at this from an engineering point of view (enough has been said about the 60/60 stuff and the overall goings-on that I have nothing to add) I'm rather surprised CW aren't more interested on cracking the movement open to see what has happened. Given it is an in-house movement that failed within its warranty period, I'd be wanting to know why and whether it genuinely was a fault in the design/production. (While also accepting it could be damage that's caused the issue) As has been said, I'm not a business owner, and perhaps it's different in the watch industry, but in a company I worked in in the past we'd err on the side of caution for warranty work taking on things that were just outside the warranty period too on the condition it went back to the designers to take apart and see what happened as a learning exercise...
These users thanked the author monkeymax for the post (total 4):
jkbarnescwathomcat00NeWard
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Post by NeWard »

missF wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:53 pm This is a true statement:
The only parties who know the full truth of this situation are the OP and CW

Here’s another true statement:
The OP has open access here to express his side of the story. CW have no access to express their side of the story here (and by that I mean that in all the years I’ve been on the forum CW have never contributed on threads like this one - or anywhere on the forum- since the forum is and always has been independently run)

Everything else is speculation and choosing sides in the absence of information. Take care.
Here's another true statement:

There are only a handful of people that are active on this forum, I would imagine people who are truly CW enthusiasts and have certain computer research skills would check this forum. Where could the majority of CW's customer report their individual experiences of denied 60/60 guaratee that are similar to happened to myself? They have no access to express their side of the story here, either.

To me It's not whether which side of the story of mine people choose, but what is factual and written at the time of purchase on my owner's manual in regards to the 60/60 guarantee.

Did CW upheld the original statements they wrote when the watch is purchased? It's a simple yes or no question, simple as that.

Take care.
NeWard
Senior
Senior

Re: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 Red Bezel 1 of 32

Post by NeWard »

H0rati0 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:28 pm Keep it back and get it sorted, but:

The warranty on these is five years, full stop. It was not necessary in MK II days for a service (that advice came in last year IIRC) so you can argue that point with CS around to your favour. Nor is it necessary to have the documentation as I am sure others here will confirm.

Go back to CS and escalate if necessary - good luck!
I just wanted to say my sincere appreciation of what you and everyone else offered in here that helped me to push through my situation.

Truth be told, when I was informed my watch will not be covered under the 60/60 guarantee on multiple occasions from CW's customer service support team, I was ready to accept my fate and have my broken watch shipped back to me. I posted the thread on this forum to ask fellow members if i should sell my broken watch once I get it back to partially recoup the cost of acquiring the SH21 C60 Trident, and overwhelmingly the replies I received, if not all are telling me to press this situation further up the management chain especially the CEO of the company Mike France.

I would never have imagined that so many forum members were replying under my post, mostly disappointments with my customer support experience with the original 60/60 guarantee not being upheld for my timepiece. I especially took your advice and many others to contact Mike France again in my last hope that the situation would be resolved, before my watch would be sent back to me after 10 days of none-payment for watch service after it was sent in to Christopher Ward.

I sent out my third email to Mr.France on early Sunday and to my surprise, received a reply back within 15 mins promising that he would investigate into this matter personally. I received another email today with an apology directly from Mike France himself and offered a complimentary thorough service to my SH21 movement.

I wanted to thank everyone who expressed empathy and offered to help me along the way. Thank you for taking your time out of your weekend to reply to my post and helped me escalated the situation for Christopher Ward to upheld the original 60/60 guarantee. I truly appreciate having the opportunity to enjoy the C60 Trident SH21 many more years from now on.

Thank you all.
These users thanked the author NeWard for the post (total 7):
Lavaineajax87MiniMpiJasperCatStifFreddiebiglove
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 Red Bezel 1 of 32

Post by TigerChris »

NeWard wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:37 pm
H0rati0 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:28 pm Keep it back and get it sorted, but:

The warranty on these is five years, full stop. It was not necessary in MK II days for a service (that advice came in last year IIRC) so you can argue that point with CS around to your favour. Nor is it necessary to have the documentation as I am sure others here will confirm.

Go back to CS and escalate if necessary - good luck!
I just wanted to say my sincere appreciation and thankfulness of what you offered in here that helped me to push through my situation here.

Truth be told, when I was informed my watch will not be covered under the 60/60 guarantee on multiple occasions from CW's customer service support team, I was ready to accept my fate and have my broken watch shipped back to me. I posted the thread on this forum to ask fellow members if i should sell my broken watch once I get it back to partially recoup the cost of acquiring the SH21 C60 Trident, and overwhelmingly the replies I received, if not all are telling me to press this situation further up the management chain especially the CEO of the company Mike France.

I would never have imagined that so many forum members were replying under my post, mostly disappointments with my customer support experience with the original 60/60 guarantee not being upheld for my timepiece. I especially took your advice and many others to contact Mike France again in my last hope that the situation would be resolved, before my watch would be sent back to me after 10 days of none-payment for watch service after it was sent in to Christopher Ward.

I sent out my third email to Mr.France on early Sunday and to my surprise, received a reply back within 15 mins promising that he would investigate into this matter personally. I received another email today with an apology directly from Mike France himself and offered a complimentary thorough service to my SH21 movement.

I wanted to thank everyone who expressed empathy and offered to help me along the way. Thank you for taking your time out of your weekend to reply to my post and helped me escalated the situation for Christopher Ward to upheld the original 60/60 guarantee. I truly appreciate having the opportunity to enjoy the C60 Trident SH21 many more years from now on.

Thank you all.
Fantastic news! :clap:
These users thanked the author TigerChris for the post:
NeWard
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: UPDATE UPDATE: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 - 60/60 Guarantee denied at 5th Year - A Happy Ending

Post by Mikkei4 »

Amazing, what an outcome for you.

I'm sure that everybody on here will be happy that this is ending (hopefully ending !) on a positive note so you can enjoy this limited edition watch for years to come.

Well done to Mike France as well.
These users thanked the author Mikkei4 for the post:
NeWard
cwa
Senior
Senior

Re: UPDATE UPDATE: Should I sell my stuck C60 600 Pro COSC SH21 - 60/60 Guarantee denied at 5th Year - A Happy Ending

Post by cwa »

Good outcome.
Disappointing it had to make it all the way to MF to get an outcome though.
These users thanked the author cwa for the post:
NeWard