Interesting afternoon…

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: Interesting afternoon…

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Very nice car. The colour looks great. Good deal too, especially considering the global supply problems
These users thanked the author Kansas City Milkman for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

New car, upgraded tech and lower payments. What’s not to like 8)
These users thanked the author Thegreyman for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Great deal Steve. I am glad for you.

I wish I could get by with something smaller, but I just can't deal with it. Not only do I feel claustrophobic, but I need something larger for dogs, clocks, and golf trips etc.

My first car was a 1965 VW Bug. It was a great car for me at that time, but I just couldn't deal with the size. The smallest car I have owned since that one was a 1985 Thunderbird. Everything else has been Lincoln Town Cars, Vans or the Ford Explorers I have been driving for the last 25 years.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

jkbarnes wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:57 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:44 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:36 pmPCM? PCP?
PCM = per calendar month

PCP = personal contract purchase. Basically it’s like 0% finance. You pay so much per month and after 36 or 42 months, whichever, you have the option to make a final payment and enter into full ownership, or you give back the car, carry on paying the monthly payments and drive a new car every three years. This one is a no brainer because the car is a significant improvement and my monthly payments will be going down.

Some people will argue that it’s an expensive way of motoring, and it probably is. But once your cars get beyond a certain age they start to develop all sorts of expensive faults. In 19 years of using PCPs I’ve never had to pay for anything beyond standard servicing and a new tyre on two occasions. No brake replacements, clutches, exhausts or MOT (UK Government mandated test on all cars over three years old).
Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like PCP is UK equivalent of a lease here in the States. I know many who lease cars exclusively, for the reasons you’ve stated.

In your case, more car for less money? Yes please! Enjoy the new car!
Leasing is different as there’s no option to own the vehicle at the end of the term and the vehicle is still registered to the leasing company - basically, it’s a long term rent. PCP, on the other hand, the vehicle is actually registered to you and you are the legal keeper as you’ve, effectively, taken a loan out to buy it. You’ve also got HP as an option which differs slightly to PCP but I won’t confuse you going into detail :lol:
These users thanked the author TigerChris for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Top notch Steve, sounds like a 'no brainer' deal. :thumbup: :clap:

Presumably the p/x value on your current car is strong, and perhaps higher than predicted, leading you to have more equity in hand to put down as the deposit for your new one.

One of my neighbours is a Driving Instructor and has a, now one year old, Yaris Hybrid as his work car. I must say it does look good, even in white.

On the other hand, a family who live around the corner, have someone who visits periodically who has a Black Yaris GR; you weren't tempted to get one of these, were you?

Timing wise you'll be up for a '22' plate, won't you? Cherished number again?

Guy
These users thanked the author Bahnstormer_vRS for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by malvern_man »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:49 pm

This was a long range heads up from the dealership, but it’s all signed up. The new car, in a rather nice dark red, is likely to be delivered around April or May.
Hi Steve,

Don't hold your breath for the quoted delivery date, due to the chip shortage and the glass shortage etc, etc you might find your date will slip by a few months. Plus, make sure you'll end up getting all the tech you've paid for. A few months ago I ordered a new BMW X5 M Sport with virtually every extra that BMW do, I ordered it for March 2022 but I was told that's not guaranteed. I have since found out that because of the chip shortage BMW are removing the touchscreen and also the 'backup assist' feature from nearly all the models. There's also a rumour that the air suspension might be taken off and the ambient lighting feature too.

I'm also a member of the Nissan forum, my present car is a Qashqai, and the delivery dates for the new model Qashqai are awful. Nissan are taking options off new builds and not telling the dealers. Some cars that should come with the full glass panoramic roof as standard are being delivered with the full steel roof due to the glass shortage, digital dashes are being replaced by normal analogue dials too.

Regards, Chris.
These users thanked the author malvern_man for the post (total 2):
TortoiseAmor Vincit Omnia
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by what-time-is-it »

Looks like the dealer loves you Steve, with the easy upgrade every couple of years - used prices have no doubt helped them with the figures and cost to change.

Delivery dates are all over the place at present, but Toyota have managed the supply storm better than most - a legacy of the Fukushima tragedy a few years back.

Not sure if your dealer has mentioned - warranty is now 3 years and not 5, but topped up to 10 if you get it serviced with them, although in reality I suspect you'll get nowhere near that because you'll buy another in a couple of years.

MPG on mine <20 with no trace of a hybrid system. :D
These users thanked the author what-time-is-it for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

what-time-is-it wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:51 am used prices have no doubt helped them with the figures and cost to change.
Definitely have Chris, mate. I took advantage of the current market not long back - sold our lasses A1 for more than I bought it for last year, got a very good early settlement figure from Audi finance, and managed to buy the TT cash with the profit. So, £300 a month saved in PCP payments and still a decent second car parked on the drive bought and paid for. It’s a good market if you work it right.
These users thanked the author TigerChris for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
TigerChris wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:18 pm I can’t believe it’s 2 1/2 years since you got it, Steve - doesn’t seem 2 minutes that we were discussing it before you bought it as our lass had one at the time. Sounds like you’ve had a good result. You didn’t fancy going down the full electric route yet then?
We’ve been through a lot since then, Chris.

Probably by the next time I look to change, full electric might be the option. I’m sure that ranges for small cars and charging infrastructures will improve before long.
One can certainly hope! Grats on the new wheels, Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Peteo for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Looks like a great car Steve. It's a shame that, thanks to a never ending need for trucks and SUV's, we no longer get the Yaris or Honda FIt/Jazz (arguably the 2 best subcompacts you can buy) in North America. My fellow North Americans can't wrap their heads around the idea that you should buy the vehicle you need 51 weeks of the year, not the one you MIGHT need the 52nd week. We are a happy small car household (Fit/Golf/Miata). I have no idea how we have managed to survive in 2021 North America without a full-size pickup and a seven seat SUV.
The new Mazda-based Yaris looks like a nice upgrade. I really like the idea of a subcompact hybrid. Even the compact Prius C has been discontinued in Canada. Here's hoping that, as gas prices continue to rise towards European levels, North Americans come to their senses and realize they don't need a 6000 pound truck to commute (solo) in.
These users thanked the author Lavaine for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:23 am
Presumably the p/x value on your current car is strong, and perhaps higher than predicted, leading you to have more equity in hand to put down as the deposit for your new one.

On the other hand, a family who live around the corner, have someone who visits periodically who has a Black Yaris GR; you weren't tempted to get one of these, were you?

Timing wise you'll be up for a '22' plate, won't you? Cherished number again?
1. Correct.

2. No. Not really my thing.

3. Just transferring my own plate. Easy as it’s a new car.
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
Bahnstormer_vRS
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Amor Vincit Omnia

malvern_man wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:31 am
Don't hold your breath for the quoted delivery date
No worries, Chris. I have an excellent car to keep me going until this one turns up. I’m not in any tearing hurry.
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Amor Vincit Omnia

Lavaine wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:11 am My fellow North Americans can't wrap their heads around the idea that you should buy the vehicle you need 51 weeks of the year, not the one you MIGHT need the 52nd week.
They are probably not alone in that, Chris. But it would be unwise or unfair of me to judge. Most of the time it’s me and a couple of bags. Rarely more than one passenger, so the back seat is hardly ever used. The only downside with the Yaris boot/trunk is that you can’t get a set of golf clubs in it (unless you remove the woods) without putting down a third of the back seat.
Steve

malvern_man
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by malvern_man »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:59 am
malvern_man wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:31 am
Don't hold your breath for the quoted delivery date
No worries, Chris. I have an excellent car to keep me going until this one turns up. I’m not in any tearing hurry.
Same here Steve, it'll turn up when it turns up. The Yaris looks great.
These users thanked the author malvern_man for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CWL - C60 Trident Pro ~ Orange Bezel - C60-TRI-SKCSI
CWL - C60 Trident Pro 600 ~ C60-42-AUTO-SKRT
CWL - C11 Makaira Pro 500 ~ C11-MAK-SKOSI
CWL - C11 Titanium Extreme 1000 Limited Edition ~ C11-COSC-EXT-TKV-SI
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

Looks like a nice upgrade for you. I enjoy virtual car hunting and exploring the options. As an owner, I tend to hold on to my fleet until they are really done. The average age of my current three cars is close to 24; the newest is 15yo with about 227K miles on it. ;)
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair