Tribus Watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by JAFO »

jtc wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:03 am
0uatiOW wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:34 pm ^^^^ I’ve literally just noticed from @watchjunky’s photos that none of the Tribus watches has a date complication…. 👍
I believe some do have the crown position for one though...
Documented in their manuals which are online only.
Budman2k
Junior
Junior

Post by Budman2k »

WatchJunky wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:41 pm I have a few Tribus watches and I really enjoy them. I ordered 5 in this sale as it was 70% off. Personally I love the case and size, to me and, I own a few of these I'd recommend them. The Tribus Watch Enthusiasts is one of my many groups and I've not seen any problems with the watches come through and those that have bought them love them.

PSFix_20211109_183408.png

20210717_150546.jpg

20210719_151242-COLLAGE.jpg

Lumii_20210724_163742810.jpg
So you're the guy that bought all the models I liked!! LOL
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
Be quick @Budman2k
There are still some there. Pay off on Klarna, £40 a month or so interest free.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

https://tribus-watches.com/

I got an email about 2 months ago from Tribus that promised permanent price reductions - find out why - and the link had a 7 minute clip embedded.
The video clip is actually near the bottom of the home page, and I guess not many people would see it. Worth a look-see I think.

I can't believe these 70% off prices can be permanent though.
audio.bill
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by audio.bill »

JAFO wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:02 pm https://tribus-watches.com/

I got an email about 2 months ago from Tribus that promised permanent price reductions - find out why - and the link had a 7 minute clip embedded.
The video clip is actually near the bottom of the home page, and I guess not many people would see it. Worth a look-see I think.

I can't believe these 70% off prices can be permanent though.
The 70% discount offer is a sale, not permanent price reductions. The referenced video is referring to the price reductions they previously made which are now reflected in their base non-sale pricing. Makes the sale even better than 70% off of their original prices.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
Thanks. Maybe there was some earlier reduction in the COSC watches. The base price of the Liverpool watches never reduced at all. I think that's what's confusing me. I vaguely remember a reduction in the COSC watches, now you mention it.
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

SiDando2552 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:36 pm
Molan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:16 pm
SiDando2552 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:57 pm

I’d rather order myself and then make my own mind up based on wether I personally like them or not. 1 review or opinion doesn’t mean it’s going to be bad for everyone. Being a big CW fan means I want these to be brilliant for Chris and the boys new venture 👍🏻
That's exactly what I did Simon - to say I was hugely disappointed is a major understatement :(
That’s a shame to see that Molan. What in particular was the issue? I’ve not handled any Tribus as yet so unable to speak from any authority whatsoever but I’m sure that if it was a QC issue, they would have offered to sort it straight away if the chance was offered to them so I can only assume it simply didn’t meet your expectations? Or was it indeed a QC issue and there was nothing they were prepared to do?
In all honesty, I've never been so disappointed in a watch purchase. I really, really wanted to like this watch - obviously I wouldn't have lashed out close to £900 if I hadn't been serious about owning one. I've been very critical about Tribus' marketing (because it's an area I've worked in all my life and it genuinely 'hurts' me to see people making basic mistakes), and I couldn't understand some of the partnership decisions, but this particular one seemed by far their nicest piece and that 70% discount sucked me in.

However, the number of issues with the design, fit, finish, etc. astonished me. How this watch ever got into production I'll never understand. For it then to be priced at £2,950 is simply astonishing!

I'm absolutely sure there's £900 of parts contained in the final piece but that's as individual components that really shouldn't have been seen in the same place at the same time.

I'll try to put a proper set of thoughts together when my poor brain has recovered from the shock :lol:
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
WatchJunky

Post by WatchJunky »

I feel that the some of the part surpassed my expectations although I don't have the same connection as some people. But I find this an attractive piece that is well made. The fit is excellent as is the finish. I'm surprised that having seen it you thought different. But given your criticism its not surprising starting from a point of negativity. Maybe we will get some rounded feedback on the watch soon from all those who've bought them soon.

There is a review on my website by someone who has a deep connection to the 303. Maybe you should check it out and see what this project means.

I noticed you mention the perceived mistakes in marketing this must be frustrating given your experience and Tribus not offering you a position when you approached them.
Lumii_20211110_190151244.jpg
TRI-04
SiDando2552
Senior
Senior

Post by SiDando2552 »

Molan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:58 pm
SiDando2552 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:36 pm
Molan wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:16 pm

That's exactly what I did Simon - to say I was hugely disappointed is a major understatement :(
That’s a shame to see that Molan. What in particular was the issue? I’ve not handled any Tribus as yet so unable to speak from any authority whatsoever but I’m sure that if it was a QC issue, they would have offered to sort it straight away if the chance was offered to them so I can only assume it simply didn’t meet your expectations? Or was it indeed a QC issue and there was nothing they were prepared to do?
In all honesty, I've never been so disappointed in a watch purchase. I really, really wanted to like this watch - obviously I wouldn't have lashed out close to £900 if I hadn't been serious about owning one. I've been very critical about Tribus' marketing (because it's an area I've worked in all my life and it genuinely 'hurts' me to see people making basic mistakes), and I couldn't understand some of the partnership decisions, but this particular one seemed by far their nicest piece and that 70% discount sucked me in.

However, the number of issues with the design, fit, finish, etc. astonished me. How this watch ever got into production I'll never understand. For it then to be priced at £2,950 is simply astonishing!

I'm absolutely sure there's £900 of parts contained in the final piece but that's as individual components that really shouldn't have been seen in the same place at the same time.

I'll try to put a proper set of thoughts together when my poor brain has recovered from the shock :lol:
Again really sorry to read you didn’t like it Molan. It’s especially disappointing considering the amazing back story and piece of history it has regarding a crucial sacrifice made by some very heroic people that before this watch was announced, I knew nothing about.

Honestly I’m on the fence with this watch. I love the story and history but do I need another high end aviation watch? Argh, I dunno! I really like the look of it though. The simplicity and classic look to it. Vintage I suppose.

Help me out though. Is it a QC issue or is it simply a matter of taste as to why it was instantly returned?

Being on the fence (and maybe with others as well) it’s useful to know if this is a personal thing of taste or it’s a quality issue and therefore to be avoided.

Marketing wise I can’t really comment as I don’t have any experience at all. All I can say though is for me, it certainly was a talking point and at the end of the day it’s their train set and they can do whatever they wish with it. Same when CW do things and there’s half the clan on board and half sharpening pitchforks haha!

Their marketing or whatever shouldn’t really have an effect on the actual products themselves though so if the marketing ‘strategy’ on this watch or others has swayed the decision, others have to look beyond that and take it with a pinch of salt unless it really is a QC issue in which case I’d love to know especially as I have 2 models coming and may now start to worry.....!!

Again a shame it didn’t click. Really does look a special watch. Especially in the reviews I’ve seen by Richard and also the Laguna unboxing video at launch.
These users thanked the author SiDando2552 for the post:
Molan
SiDando2552
Senior
Senior

Post by SiDando2552 »

This was the review that made me fall for the TRI-01 in Teal.

I gather that Josh is very much a respected reviewer. His review is very good and complimentary.

https://youtu.be/W07f51WZot4

And apparently it’s the same case, design, finish, fit as the 303 so I’d really like to know the issues before mine arrives as I’m genuinely excited to get it but now concerned that I may suffer the same fate.
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Molan »

WatchJunky wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:31 pm I feel that the some of the part surpassed my expectations although I don't have the same connection as some people. But I find this an attractive piece that is well made. The fit is excellent as is the finish. I'm surprised that having seen it you thought different. But given your criticism its not surprising starting from a point of negativity. Maybe we will get some rounded feedback on the watch soon from all those who've bought them soon.

There is a review on my website by someone who has a deep connection to the 303. Maybe you should check it out and see what this project means.

I noticed you mention the perceived mistakes in marketing this must be frustrating given your experience and Tribus not offering you a position when you approached them.
There’s a big difference in offering to help a company making basic errors (not creative issues but targeting, misuse of hashtags, using images without permission, linking to competitors etc etc) than seeking any kind of position.

People pay me more than the cost of a, 70% discounted 303, for a single day’s consultancy. I’m very good at what I do - currently managing ad budgets in excess of £200M a year.

I was more than happy to offer to help them out completely free of charge. As a young fledgling business I expect to see a few mistakes and thought maybe I could save them time, effort and, most importantly, money.

Having worked in ‘the biz’ for over 40 years, I make this kind of offer fairly regularly and feel like I’m ‘giving back’ a little. I still do this with a Food Bank in Yorkshire and a disabled children’s charity in Yorkshire.

Tribus weren’t interested and, as offering to work for nothing isn’t really a great business model, it didn’t concern me in the slightest.

The only person that seems remotely interested in mentioning this, repeatedly, seems to be you. I’m still not sure why not working for free would make me somehow ‘anti-Tribus’ but you’ve mentioned this several times in the past.

I seem to remember the last time you brought this up you also told me that the My Dog Sighs piece was a good investment at £2,450 and that “even I had to admit that it would rise in value”.

As they’ve already depreciated by 70% it seems your judgement wasn’t particularly accurate in this case either. . .
These users thanked the author Molan for the post:
golfjunky
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

A fave of mine😂😂😂 I was glad to see this removed after I pointed out all the mistakes.
F8941755-4816-4A2B-B667-7D88872CD468.jpeg
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
WatchJunky

Post by WatchJunky »

Molan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:41 pm
WatchJunky wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:31 pm I feel that the some of the part surpassed my expectations although I don't have the same connection as some people. But I find this an attractive piece that is well made. The fit is excellent as is the finish. I'm surprised that having seen it you thought different. But given your criticism its not surprising starting from a point of negativity. Maybe we will get some rounded feedback on the watch soon from all those who've bought them soon.

There’s a big difference in offering to help a company making basic errors (not creative issues but targeting, misuse of hashtags, using images without permission, linking to competitors etc etc) than seeking any kind of position.

People pay me more than the cost of a, 70% discounted 303, for a single day’s consultancy. I’m very good at what I do - currently managing ad budgets in excess of £200M a year.

I was more than happy to offer to help them out completely free of charge. As a young fledgling business I expect to see a few mistakes and thought maybe I could save them time, effort and, most importantly, money.

They weren’t interested and, as offering to work for nothing isn’t really a great business model, it didn’t concern me in the slightest.

The only person that seems remotely interested in mentioning this, repeatedly, seems to be you.

I seem to remember the last time you brought this up you also told me that the My Dog Sighs piece was a good investment at £2,450 and that “even I had to admit that it would rise in value”.

As they’ve already depreciated by 70% it seems your judgement wasn’t particularly accurate in this case either. . .
Sadly they may have used that experience if the felt the need had you hadn't used your experience in a negative fashion against them. Personally think it's sad that the promotion of a new British brand wasn't something to applaud. I love many brands. CW was the brand that brought me back to collecting and I see it as a fantastic hobby and pass time I don't see the need to brand bash. If you don't like just move on. Lots of wonderful brands out the like CW, Bremont and such. You know this I helped you find a few to purchase.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It doesn't mean the MDS watches weren't and aren't a good investment.
You are buying both the watchmaker and the artist.

Banksy or Picasso would have been an instant sure thing.
Rolex would have been an instant sure thing.

Even van Gogh never sold a painting in his lifetime. (I think)

Someone pointed out that Bremont and Ronnie Wood haven't yet fully sold all their JV.
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Considering recent discussions in other threads about the Warranty and Servicing requirements for CW watches, an observation on the Warranty/Service offered by Tribus watch.

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 11-28-35 TRIBUS.png
Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 11-27-30 Repairs and Servicing - TRIBUS.png

In other words if you continue to have the watch serviced every three years, you will get the benefit of a three year Warranty on the Movement.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England