Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Re: What features should the next CWL diver's watch have?

Post by ianblyth »

I think it should be made of solid white gold (something to boast about at the bar afterwards, 70mm (with low levels of light and failing eyesight you need to read those numbers), built in video phone, 5,000 meter WR and the ability to play MP3s (well it might get boring down there).
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by andyg »

Time for me to "dive" in! :lol: .......er no.

Ok

1. Vintage Pressure dive look. Titanium would be grand.
2. Choice of 3 straps, Maratac style, Nato and bracelet all with extension and clasp (except Nato).
3. Internal Rotating Bezel. Marked with high grade super luminova.
4. Hour Markers in Blue Tritium.
5. 40 - 42mm case, 22mm lugs.
6. Auto and Quartz available.
7. Date preferably although not essential (for me).
8. Black Ceramic face.
9. Rated same or better than the C600.

I'm thinking something like the Schaumburg Aquamatic III. Would post a pic but don't know how.

I think a piece like this woud show that CWL can produce outstanding yet intricate engineering in the dive watch community as well as the watch world en mass.

Thoughts?
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

andyg wrote:I'm thinking something like the Schaumburg Aquamatic III. Would post a pic but don't know how.
Like this ...
Pic belonga James List (which is a great website for those with large wads of combustible money)
http://blog.jameslist.com/2010/schaumbu ... ive-watch/

Nice, especially in 40-42mm as you suggest.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Woodell
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Woodell »

Nice.......Could I get it in shiney steel....I like shiney things. 8)
Wear: C-60 Trident......Xezo Tribune LE
Own but never wear: Adriatica "Pilot" - Baume & Mercier "Capeland" - Swiss Military Hanowa
"Railroad Chrono." - Sector "SK-8" - Movado - Elgin "Swiss"
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by andyg »

Loddonite wrote:
andyg wrote:I'm thinking something like the Schaumburg Aquamatic III. Would post a pic but don't know how.
Like this ...
Pic belonga James List (which is a great website for those with large wads of combustible money)
http://blog.jameslist.com/2010/schaumbu ... ive-watch/

Nice, especially in 40-42mm as you suggest.

Big thanks to Loddonite for posting a pic. I'm really useless if you can't just click a button. :(
Andy

tartine.74
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by tartine.74 »

My turn...

As I dive with my diver's watches, I consider I diver's watch has to be practical and easy to read and use, both above and under water. Image
I have seen in this thread some interesting proposals, but I think a CWL diver's watch has to be a CWL watch, which means with CWL DNA in it. The C600 Mk 1 is a very good base and deserves a few improvements to be excellent

IMHO, the principal features of a C600 Mk2 may be :
* Self-winding movement, as it is now, no matter the brand, as far as it’s not chinese (Eta, Selita, Miyota-Citizen or Seiko). COSC does not matter, as it increases the price for no real benefit.
* Automatic helium valve, without external crown. But who uses a helium valve? 300 m is enough, more is better (500 or 600 m is perfect, 1000 m and above is useless!!!)
* Three straps: a nato, a rubber one and a SS one, both with hidden diver’s extension in a deployant buckle.
* The tritium tubes are perfect
* The bezel deserves white numbers (easier to read) and 120 clicks instead of 60
* The 12 index may be different from the other ones, and easy to differentiate from the other ones in the dark
* A black watch, as it is now, is the best for me.
* And of course not too expensive.

Here’s what I would like to find in a next C600.

Nicolas Image
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by andyg »

tartine.74 wrote:My turn...

As I dive with my diver's watches, I consider I diver's watch has to be practical and easy to read and use, both above and under water. Image
I have seen in this thread some interesting proposals, but I think a CWL diver's watch has to be a CWL watch, which means with CWL DNA in it. The C600 Mk 1 is a very good base and deserves a few improvements to be excellent

IMHO, the principal features of a C600 Mk2 may be :
* Self-winding movement, as it is now, no matter the brand, as far as it’s not chinese (Eta, Selita, Miyota-Citizen or Seiko). COSC does not matter, as it increases the price for no real benefit.
* Automatic helium valve, without external crown. But who uses a helium valve? 300 m is enough, more is better (500 or 600 m is perfect, 1000 m and above is useless!!!)
* Three straps: a nato, a rubber one and a SS one, both with hidden diver’s extension in a deployant buckle.
* The tritium tubes are perfect
* The bezel deserves white numbers (easier to read) and 120 clicks instead of 60
* The 12 index may be different from the other ones, and easy to differentiate from the other ones in the dark
* A black watch, as it is now, is the best for me.
* And of course not too expensive.

Here’s what I would like to find in a next C600.

Nicolas Image
Surely CWL needs to evolve? The C6 case is brilliant as the whole series has shown, particularly the Trident's for beauty. If CWL keep just changing Bezels and Faces eventually we will all get bored! The C6 range should remain, but there is room in CWL's catalogue for at least 2 other types of Dive Watch, both of differing looks and dimensions. Look at the range others offer? And we all want CWL to compete with the Big Boys.

The first Big Boys in question are the Japanese and Seiko has Dive Watchs coming out of the Dim Sum! CWL will not challenge the big Swiss Houses until it has a larger share of the mid range market and that means taking a chunk out of the Japanese. If you can't afford a SMPO, wont wear a fake then you go to Seiko, who make some very similar looking, quality pieces. But CWL is different, the homages (except the C60 Trident) are subtle, and there are enough to allow for a truly new design to stand out.

By the way.... my suggestion is a few posts back! :lol: 8) :lol:
Andy