Tribus Watches

A place to discuss other watch-brands
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: Tribus Watches

Post by JAFO »

^^^^
Dauphine is fine by me, Steve. One of my favourite holiday destinations, and one of my favourite potato dishes. :D
RobR

Post by RobR »

New arrival- ordered on Wednesday midday, arrived Friday morning which I was not expecting after an acknowledgement email that said 2-3 weeks delivery.

Very pleased with the quality of the watch although one minor niggle was that the protective plastic had been removed from the two crystals. No obvious marks so I'm not too concerned. I don't have a GMT watch and always liked red and black. Might have preferred the middle links to be brushed but can easily live with that.

Yes, I did like it before the discount but thought it too expensive so delighted with the purchase. Just wondering what these large discounts mean to Tribus though. Hopefully just a stock clearance in advance of new design direction.

Tribus 3.jpg
Tribus 2.jpg
Tribus 1.jpg
These users thanked the author RobR for the post:
Fat-Sam
Freddie
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by Freddie »

My TRI-02 arrived this morning. I’m pretty impressed with the quality too. This was an impulse buy but the Brentford one (awaiting delivery) was the one I wanted - just couldn’t justify the original price.
I am not quite sure what to put here, my name is my handle :problem:
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

Great pictures everyone. It is good to see them in real life.

As there will now be quite a few Tribus owners on this forum we probably need a Tribus of the day gallery :lol:
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post:
Fat-Sam
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I’ve been looking at the Tribus offerings for months as they appeal but the retail price did not. I find myself still looking, now, but with renewed interest solely because the discounted price makes the watches much more attainable.
With every watch purchase I deliberate internally; I’m not much of an impulse buyer.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

thomcat00 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:22 pm I’ve been looking at the Tribus offerings for months as they appeal but the retail price did not. I find myself still looking, now, but with renewed interest solely because the discounted price makes the watches much more attainable.
With every watch purchase I deliberate internally; I’m not much of an impulse buyer.
I think the 14 day return period still applies. Zero risk to find out if you like it. They may actually sell out because the word is spreading about the 70% off sale.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

^^^
I would be reluctant to buy on spec, as it were. I hope Tribus do keep trading, but if not, you might find yourself in a different position. It's one thing being protected against non supply, but I imagine it' might be different if you receive a watch, and then return it for a refund.
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

JAFO wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:31 pm ^^^
I would be reluctant to buy on spec, as it were. I hope Tribus do keep trading, but if not, you might find yourself in a different position. It's one thing being protected against non supply, but I imagine it' might be different if you receive a watch, and then return it for a refund.
That's why God created credit cards lol
These users thanked the author FloridaPhil for the post:
Fat-Sam
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

My tri-02 has a couple of large marks on the underside of the crystal 😞
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by FloridaPhil »

AdDaMan wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:29 pm My tri-02 has a couple of large marks on the underside of the crystal 😞
Dirt, fingerprints, scratch in the AR?....
WatchChat on Facebook
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

FloridaPhil wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:48 pm
AdDaMan wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:29 pm My tri-02 has a couple of large marks on the underside of the crystal 😞
Dirt, fingerprints, scratch in the AR?....
Hard to tell whether it's a scratches or some kind of debris, Its a sort of dark line. x2.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I am not sure if this is normal, but I noticed my watch was about 30seonds off, and was hardly registering a reading on my timing app. The power reserve was down to only about 5 hours. I wound it, and it then had a strong reading of +2spd again.

Anyway, I posted this on Non CW of the day, but here's the same watch on a bracelet, which I think I like better than the leather.
TribusGMT2.jpg
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

JAFO wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:03 pm.
Anyway, I posted this on Non CW of the day, but here's the same watch on a bracelet, which I think I like better than the leather.
It looks good on bracelet and I prefer it to the strap option featured in the sale. I guess this is from another watch and is a bonus of having the same cases so it can be switched around. Hope it stays on the 2 seconds mark.
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post:
JAFO
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

The bracelet options are definitely a no-brainer in the 70% reduction offer.

The straps sell separately for £120, although I can't see any listed for sale at all now. They are good straps, but expensive at that price. I would say better than CW £60 straps, but not as good as CW £115 Cordovan straps.

The bracelets were £220 for steel, and £320 for colours.

On that basis the 70% reduction makes a steel bracelet only £30 more than the leather, and a gold or gunmetal only £60 more.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

A1soknownas wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:01 pm
JAFO wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:03 pm.
It looks good on bracelet and I prefer it to the strap option featured in the sale. I guess this is from another watch and is a bonus of having the same cases so it can be switched around. Hope it stays on the 2 seconds mark.
It's so hard to judge watches from pictures, isn't it? I am really impressed with the TRI-03. The crown action is so smooth. The watch itself is classy - maybe delicate and sophisticated. Slender applied indexes, and handset. Very nicely painted. Maybe the tribus logo could be a little smaller. My first power reserve, and it's just a super complication to have. I found the 24hr GMT subdial rather unusual, and I won't have a great deal of use for the facility, but it balances the design. It's a jumping hour, and advances on the hour. I bought this on steel, knowing I had the steel bracelet, which came with the Liverpool quartz chrono (also 70% off). I think that actually goes better without the bracelet, so its win-win.
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
audio.bill