Loupe thread

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: Loupe thread

Post by Richard D »

Good to see Wessex Watches featured in the latest Loupe Magazine. Especially as Mike France was kind enough to introduce me to Jamie Boyd with whom I’ve been discussing a bespoke watch that he is making to be auctioned to raise funds for the NHS.
These users thanked the author Richard D for the post:
MiniMpi
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Interesting that they used a date-only image of the C60 Elite 1000. My Elite, and that on the website, is the day-date version. Surely they haven’t used an old picture in error…..
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Loupe 23 is now available in the CWArchive viewing and/or download.
These users thanked the author Kip for the post:
MiniMpi
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
nburgess
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by nburgess »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:12 am Interesting that they used a date-only image of the C60 Elite 1000. My Elite, and that on the website, is the day-date version. Surely they haven’t used an old picture in error…..
Odd..The only Elite photo I saw on the online version Kip just posted, was the Blue Day/Date version ?
Neil
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

nburgess wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:27 am
Kansas City Milkman wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:12 am Interesting that they used a date-only image of the C60 Elite 1000. My Elite, and that on the website, is the day-date version. Surely they haven’t used an old picture in error…..
Odd..The only Elite photo I saw on the online version Kip just posted, was the Blue Day/Date version ?
I'll post a pic later
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

I'll post a pic later
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Ta da!
20211105_231138.jpg
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

^^^ Interesting. They must have realised the mistake after going to print, as this is how the advert appears in the electronic version:

Loupe_23_Autumn_2021 - p44 C60 Elite advert.jpg
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

Strange, I received my print version today and it has the correct photo!

12C4998F-FB41-4422-83FF-46FBB5585FEF.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Fat-Sam
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Fat-Sam »

In years to come your copy of Loupe could be the rare “date only copy” at Sotheby’s 😄
“Downsizing…”
JLC Reverso Duoface med.*gift
Omega Seamaster Deville 1961
DIY Watch Club Diver
DIY Explorer
Raymond Weil Toccata
SevenFriday P1/01
Longines x HODINKEE *FS
Laco Aachen 42 *FS
Tribus MDS *FS
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I was more interested to see that the voucher is now included in the magazine. One of those "why did nobody think of this sooner" moments.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Kansas City Milkman wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:15 am
Ta da!

20211105_231138.jpg
Mine is also this photo...
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

exHowfener wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:47 am I was more interested to see that the voucher is now included in the magazine. One of those "why did nobody think of this sooner" moments.
Both my voucher and magazine came with the same postal delivery yesterday. However, the voucher was in a separately addressed envelope.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
cwa
Senior
Senior

Post by cwa »

I’ve only recently found this forum and am so happy to find others value the loupe magazine as much as I do.

I discovered the brand back in 2015 (I had to check the paperwork from my first purchase to confirm) and now have 3 CWs in my collection.

Now I’m flicking through the pages, dreaming about the concept.

In a world where everything seems to be moving to fast paced and digital, I really appreciate that CW look after their international customers with a quality production like this. It’s definitely something that makes me feel more attached to the brand, and something about the charm of a physical rather than digital version really aligns to mechanical watches for me.