Your help needed

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Your help needed

Post by exHowfener »

Day/date for me would be actually useful. GMT, not so much. I've never really seen the need for a GMT function so perhaps I'm looking at this differently.
These users thanked the author exHowfener for the post:
Illiera
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I’d go with the bottom one. Day/date, chronometer, titanium are all upgrades for me.

However, the elite is pre-order for Jan 2022, while the GMT is available immediately. Does that matter to you?
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post:
Illiera
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Illiera
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Illiera »

missF wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:57 pm Is there a feature of either watch - no matter how small or insignificant that bugs you or catches your eye in a negative way? Because that feature will grow more prominent over time.
Not hugely, before someone pointed out the weighted appearance of the logo vs the day/date you’d picked up the only thing which was the red is slightly mor prominent on the elite and I think it’s cleaner on the GMT which more defined black and white
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

exHowfener wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:58 pm Day/date for me would be actually useful. GMT, not so much. I've never really seen the need for a GMT function so perhaps I'm looking at this differently.
I do travel a fair amount so having GMT set to home is helpful, that being said knowing what day it is also is useful too and as someone else pointed out it counter balances the logo better
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

ajax87 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:59 pm I’d go with the bottom one. Day/date, chronometer, titanium are all upgrades for me.

However, the elite is pre-order for Jan 2022, while the GMT is available immediately. Does that matter to you?
It shouldn’t, it really shouldn’t, but it does leave more time for something else to catch my attention and start this all over again
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

I found that once I got used to chronometer performance, the possible +/- 20spd of regular calibres started to annoy me.

Therefore, of these two, I would choose the Elite.

The lighter case would also be a plus for me, as the steel C60 on a steel bracelet is over 200g.
These users thanked the author 0uatiOW for the post:
Illiera
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Post by missF »

Toss a coin, clear in your mind that you’ll go with the decision of the coin. If you feel a twinge of disappointment when the coin lands then you have your subconscious choice. :thumbup:
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
Illiera
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

missF wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:08 pm Toss a coin, clear in your mind that you’ll go with the decision of the coin. If you feel a twinge of disappointment when the coin lands then you have your subconscious choice. :thumbup:
This! What a idea!
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

I think maybe it is helpful to share my deliberations so far:

I prefer orange to red (I’d prefer as little colour as possible) - GMT
Day/date and GMT both missing from my collection and both useful to me - Tie
Titanium scratches easier but wears better over time - Tie
GMT is cheaper and I’ve got two other watches incoming - GMT
Only one is a chronometer, and thats cool - Elite
Power reserve of the Elite (38 hours) is low compared to GMT (56 hours), I don’t tend to wear the same watch every day so this isn’t a big deal to me - Tie
Day/date balances the 9 O’clock logo better - Elite
Elite is a lighter watch but both well within my comfort level - Tie
Elite is on a long pre-order, something else might catch my eye while I wait - GMT
Elite has much larger dive depth rating, but as a surfer I tend to stay on the surface (or usually just below once I’ve inevitably fallen off) - tie
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

A friend suggested asking my wife, as if she dislikes it she’ll tell you every time you wear it. She went GMT!
These users thanked the author Illiera for the post:
ajax87
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
A1soknownas
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by A1soknownas »

GMT would be my vote.

I find the day on a watch a pointless function really. If I'm ever unsure what day it is, I have bigger problems to deal with! It then also becomes another thing to set if you are not wearing it daily.

As the great suggestion earlier. If you are forced into one by a coin toss and it brings negative thoughts, choose the other.
These users thanked the author A1soknownas for the post:
Illiera
KMW
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by KMW »

Personally I’d take the Elite - mine is my most worn watch by a distance, the comfort from the size and lightness of the titanium case and bracelet make it an ideal everyday watch. The fact it’s COSC certified helps, and I’m a sucker for an exhibition case back!
These users thanked the author KMW for the post:
Illiera
C60 Concept/Black Elite 1000/C60 Mk 2 Black
C7 Rapide/C8 P2725/C11 Makaira Elite
And a couple on order................
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

andybarry87 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:19 pm A friend suggested asking my wife, as if she dislikes it she’ll tell you every time you wear it. She went GMT!
I think you have your answer! :lol:

I have the mk3 C60 GMT and I love it. Either watch would be a great choice.
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post:
Illiera
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Illiera
Guru
Guru

Post by Illiera »

KMW wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:35 pm Personally I’d take the Elite - mine is my most worn watch by a distance, the comfort from the size and lightness of the titanium case and bracelet make it an ideal everyday watch. The fact it’s COSC certified helps, and I’m a sucker for an exhibition case back!
Ah man, I wondered if you would see this. I’ve been studying your wrist photos in the reference gallery and thought you’d put up a very persuasive argument for the Elite (which you have!)
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
KMW
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by KMW »

andybarry87 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:39 pm
KMW wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:35 pm Personally I’d take the Elite - mine is my most worn watch by a distance, the comfort from the size and lightness of the titanium case and bracelet make it an ideal everyday watch. The fact it’s COSC certified helps, and I’m a sucker for an exhibition case back!
Ah man, I wondered if you would see this. I’ve been studying your wrist photos in the reference gallery and thought you’d put up a very persuasive argument for the Elite (which you have!)
In the 10 months of this year my Elite has seen over twice as much wrist time as my second most worn watch. It wears just as well for the office or casual and is so comfortable I purposely don’t wear it on a Monday else I know I won’t rotate during the week. No
contest for me, the Elite is a brilliant watch.
Attachments
0414CFD8-1D8B-4684-B9F6-91DA205BC8EC.png
These users thanked the author KMW for the post:
Illiera
C60 Concept/Black Elite 1000/C60 Mk 2 Black
C7 Rapide/C8 P2725/C11 Makaira Elite
And a couple on order................