C60 Concept

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: C60 Concept

Post by JAFO »

chrisedwards wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:10 pm Call me what you will but I feel a bit put out that I’ve not had any invitation to see this or order one given I’ve been a supporter of CW for a very long time :-(

I do hope that all those of you that have managed to order one don’t have to wait too long and really love it when it comes!
Perhaps you could just contact CS and suggest you appear to have been overlooked?
These users thanked the author JAFO for the post:
JasperCat
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Lawrence wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:33 pm
Have you purchased a watch with the SH21 movement? That seemed to be the targeted criteria in my invitation (even though it arrived a week too late).
That sounds plausible... I've purchased three SH21 based watches from CW in the last year and was invited, so maybe that's it...
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

I didn’t get an invite and I took that recent survey and own an SH21 powered watch already. Oh well.
JasperCat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by JasperCat »

Jkpa wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:46 pm I didn’t get an invite and I took that recent survey and own an SH21 powered watch already. Oh well.
Just out of interest, did you buy that watch directly from CW.... one of mine was bought from the sales corner on here, but the others were direct... it's possible they just don't know you have it :problem:

All of this is speculation of course... it could just be names drawn out of hat :lol:
C1 - Bel Canto, Grand Malvern 5 Day
C5 - FLE
C60 - Concept
C65 - Cranwell, Super Compressor
C9 - 5 Day Small Seconds
Omega - Aqua Terra, SMP Nekton
Breitling - SuperOcean
Rolex - Air King
chrisedwards
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 3

Post by chrisedwards »

Lawrence wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:33 pm Have you purchased a watch with the SH21 movement? That seemed to be the targeted criteria in my invitation (even though it arrived a week too late).
Yep, I’ve bought a C60 Apex, and also filled in the recent survey they sent out… never mind!
CWs: C40 IPK, C1 Bel Canto Nero and C12 ‘Twelve’ blue titanium

Others: don't ask..!
Jkpa
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Jkpa »

JasperCat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:49 pm
Jkpa wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:46 pm I didn’t get an invite and I took that recent survey and own an SH21 powered watch already. Oh well.
Just out of interest, did you buy that watch directly from CW.... one of mine was bought from the sales corner on here, but the others were direct... it's possible they just don't know you have it :problem:

All of this is speculation of course... it could just be names drawn out of hat :lol:
I did not buy it from CW directly, no. But someone I know got invited and did not buy an SH21 nor does he own one. He did however buy several new watches recently from CW. Don’t know if that may have been a criteria.
These users thanked the author Jkpa for the post:
JasperCat
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

SH21 ownership will not be the criteria (I don’t have one but still got an invite).
These users thanked the author Kansas City Milkman for the post:
JasperCat
biggus_richus
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by biggus_richus »

My impression from the call (for what that's worth) was that the qualifier for the invite was volume of purchases.
These users thanked the author biggus_richus for the post:
JasperCat
Rich.

Breitling | CW | Farer | Formex | Garmin | Marloe | Ming | Omega | Oris | Seiko | Studio Underd0g | Tag Heuer | Timex
Illiera
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Illiera »

biggus_richus wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:54 am My impression from the call (for what that's worth) was that the qualifier for the invite was volume of purchases.
I think you're right, it will be a combination of volume and type of purchases. They have made what appears to be a premium watch, so a good marketing function would target the customers that they think are likely to be interested in buying it. They won't get that profiling 100% right, so anyone who thinks they should have got an invite but didn't probably fell through the cracks.

For what it's worth I was not invited either :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Illiera for the post:
JasperCat
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
KMW
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 6

Post by KMW »

Mike did say something along the lines of them inviting customers who’d previously bought ‘Premium’ watches from them. For me, looking at those I’ve bought direct from CW, it would be the C60 Elite and maybe the C7 RC COSC. So more about the watch values than the movements.
These users thanked the author KMW for the post (total 2):
JasperCatIlliera
C60 Concept/Black Elite 1000/C60 Mk 2 Black
C7 Rapide/C8 P2725/C11 Makaira Elite
And a couple on order................
Illiera
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by Illiera »

KMW wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:42 am Mike did say something along the lines of them inviting customers who’d previously bought ‘Premium’ watches from them. For me, looking at those I’ve bought direct from CW, it would be the C60 Elite and maybe the C7 RC COSC. So more about the watch values than the movements.
and you have bought one too I think from reading up? if so the system works :lol:
C60 Trident Pro GMT 600
C900 Single Pusher
WileyECoyote
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10

Post by WileyECoyote »

My personal invitation arrived by post today. That has to be at least a couple weeks later than Christopher Ward intended for it to land. I know that the postal service in the U.S. has been saying to expect longer delivery times, this does bring a new definition to snail mail! Delayed delivery times like that should help drive whatever first class business mail left to digital.

Delmar
C60-Trident Atoll LE/Trident Pro 600
C65-AM GT LE/Super Compressor
C63 GMT Sealander/2023 Forum LE
C1 Russell Black Dial/C1 Morgan 3 Wheeler Chronometer/C8 Pilot Revival LE
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

WileyECoyote wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:52 pm My personal invitation arrived by post today. That has to be at least a couple weeks later than Christopher Ward intended for it to land. I know that the postal service in the U.S. has been saying to expect longer delivery times, this does bring a new definition to snail mail! Delayed delivery times like that should help drive whatever first class business mail left to digital.

Delmar
Like you I'm not exactly keen to praise USPS. My invite arrived on the 23rd of October :thumbdown: There was an additional problem with the "mail house" used by Christopher Ward. I guess they didn't take into account international postage delays. I arranged a separate viewing session for the watch via the virtual showroom. If you choose to go down this route send a separate email to Declan Strange at CW. PM me if you need his email address.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

Ha, it’s the 29th and I’ve now received my mailed invitation here in NY State. :)

Just an anecdote about the USPS: my brother and I live in the same county but adjacent towns. His birthday card took more than a month to reach him. Had I walked only a mile a day I could have hand delivered it faster. (I would have delivered it personally were he not out of state visiting his adult son and family.)
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

I don't know why my invite arrived in NJ so much quicker. How far upstate in NY are you :D :D
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris