NEW Far Cry Hamilton Watch Revealed

A place to discuss other watch-brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

This popped into my mail box from Jura - the new HAMILTON Khaki Field Titanium "FAR CRY 6" Limited Edition
https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/products/ ... bbd3d19ddd
I have to say that it looks rather nice and at an excellent price for a titanium cased watch :thumbup:
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: NEW Far Cry Hamilton Watch Revealed

Post by ajax87 »

I saw that too and really like it! Plus I played a bit of Far Cry way back when. Fun games.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

So…

…this real watch by a respected manufacturer is a homage to a watch in a video game?

Or did I read that all wrong?
These users thanked the author Amor Vincit Omnia for the post:
Lavaine
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Nice piece for sure. Always a sucker for a good field watch. And no date window! :thumbup:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:00 pm So…

…this real watch by a respected manufacturer is a homage to a watch in a video game?

Not exactly. They are featuring the watch in the video game, using the video game to market the watch and maybe open up to an audience not usually associated with fine watches; video game players!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

I have to say that it looks rather nice and at an excellent price for a titanium cased watch
A good looking watch for sure though last week the "James Brand" titanium watch was mentioned on the forum in a short-lived post ... £255. Sold out now and I'm not surprised.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

ajax87 wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:00 pm So…

Not exactly. They are featuring the watch in the video game, using the video game to market the watch and maybe open up to an audience not usually associated with fine watches; video game players!
I’m definitely in the minority then. :). Mind you, I never played video games until about three years ago, as I’d always tried them (pre-console days) on PCs and using a mouse and keyboard for games *really* isn’t my thing, so I simply ignored them afterwards.

So I forgot about video games for most of my life (never of course looking at modern consoles) until about 3 years ago, when my then 32 year old son played some video games while visiting at our place on my daughter’s borrowed console - using a controller. Initially, I scoffed, but eventually I tried it, enjoyed it, loved it even and then a gaming PC with a controller connected to my TV mysteriously arrived and I’ve been hooked ever since. A new game sometimes accounts for my absences from the forum - but never from a different watch daily.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Oldhooky
Guru
Guru

Post by Oldhooky »

I know it's Titanium but I struggle to think it's worth 1k, when they make excellent Khakis for a lot less. Maybe just me.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

It's nice, but a titanium case and no-date dial don't justify more than double the cost of the standard Khaki Field Auto, at least for me. The Khaki Field Auto is basically a perfect daily wearer, no need to double the cost of it.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

^^^ I’m not sure I understand or agree with the 2 sentiments above. They shouldn’t offer a lightweight titanium version of the watch because the standard version is just fine?

To me the biggest win with this LE is that they don’t emblazon the word “titanium” on the case side like they do on standard titanium version:

241931B6-2EE7-4F8B-996D-BD81D4925732.png
Alex
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lavaine »

ajax87 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:43 pm ^^^ I’m not sure I understand or agree with the 2 sentiments above. They shouldn’t offer a lightweight titanium version of the watch because the standard version is just fine?
To be fair, I didn't say they shouldn't offer a titanium version, I actually said that a titanium cased version isn't worth a 100%+ increase in cost.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Lavaine wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:10 am
ajax87 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:43 pm ^^^ I’m not sure I understand or agree with the 2 sentiments above. They shouldn’t offer a lightweight titanium version of the watch because the standard version is just fine?
To be fair, I didn't say they shouldn't offer a titanium version, I actually said that a titanium cased version isn't worth a 100%+ increase in cost.
Fair enough, and you did add “to me” as well, understood that it’s not worth it to you.

Standard khaki auto retails $575, standard khaki auto titanium retails $945 and does have a date, more of an apples to apples comparison. A $370 markup for titanium case seems more in-line with other manufactures in the same category (maybe slightly higher), and is a good price for a titanium case Swiss made watch. I might have gone for it myself, if they didn’t inscribe the word “titanium” on the case side. The additional $250 markup for the model this thread is about is due to the LE status.
Alex
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Lavaine »

ajax87 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:38 pm Standard khaki auto retails $575, standard khaki auto titanium retails $945 and does have a date, more of an apples to apples comparison. A $370 markup for titanium case seems more in-line with other manufactures in the same category (maybe slightly higher), and is a good price for a titanium case Swiss made watch. I might have gone for it myself, if they didn’t inscribe the word “titanium” on the case side. The additional $250 markup for the model this thread is about is due to the LE status.
The standard titanium is certainly a more reasonable price. Probably still $100 or so more than I would be comfortable with for it, but, as you say, in line with other titanium models. However, I agree about the engraving on the case. I don't think I could own it and not see "Invicta" engraved there every time I looked at it. And since I wear my watches on the right wrist, the engraving would be on full display. I'll be sticking with my steel version.

Now, if Hamilton were to release a steel Khaki Field with a hardened steel case, maybe with a no-date version...
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

Lavaine wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:23 pm I don't think I could own it and not see "Invicta" engraved there every time I looked at it.
:lol: :lol: This exactly!

I have a microbrand watch with a hardened coating, 12x harder than SS. I’d like to see more of that as well.
Alex