Discuss Christopher Ward watches
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: C63 Sealander Collection

Post by strapline »

DEV.Woulf wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:24 pm
strapline wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:38 pm Oh my word!! When did CW pull that out of the bag? I think that could just be the best looking watch I've ever seen them produce. That could be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but it's a bit special, innit.
No, I am with you! That is gorgeous. The green and orange mixed together is killer. Such an interesting color and texture. One of the their best for sure! I've had a green watch on my radar for years so this is on my must-have list now :lol:. Auto or GMT? I think I like the Auto more. :o
Agreed Joseph! Orange is a colour that CW use on a lot of their watches; it has never worked better in my opinion than here paired with the green. The ombre dial texture works so well with the brushed elements of the bezel and case. The black date wheel works wonders with the darker elements of the dial edge. This thing is going to be a strap monster and will look killer on virtually any shade of brown leather strap. For me though, I'd choose the auto on bracelet, can't wait to see one of these on the forum.

Des :D
These users thanked the author strapline for the post:
DEV.Woulf
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

I don't remember ever owning a green dialled watch, but this one is very tempting.

CW are producing some great stuff right now. :thumbup:
Richard
Will_75
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by Will_75 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 pm ^^^^ The GMT would be my choice, Steve. The extra 'pop' of colour on the GMT hand works a treat.

All I need to do is convince myself that 39mm isn't too small. :wink: :wink:

Guy
I know it's too small, and I sold my C63 Auto on, but my brain is now telling me I did that because it was a bit boriing on the wrist, and that I should try this one :lol:

either way, it's absolutely gorgeous
CWE admin and all round watch nerd. Usually found irresponsibly browsing the sales page.
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

Size

Yesterday, I wore a Dreyfuss salmon dial watch. It's got a 37mm dial, set into a slightly enlarged case, and has quite a dressy look. I imagine 36mm Rolexes wear even smaller. I don't wear the Dreyfuss very often, because I feel it is small. I know when I see it looking in a mirror it's fine, as I am sure the Rolex would be as well, and doesn't look like a child's. I am sure that out for dinner, under a suit cuff it looks very elegant.

The thing is that this watch cost me a very modest sum and I probably wouldn't have bought it had it been much more expensive.

So I just know that a 39mm Sealander would feel small to me, although probably not to others seeing me wearing it. I would be much more comfortable considering a larger version.

A bit like the Oris Aquis, that comes in 43, 41 and 39 I believe. For me, the first two with the 43 for choice, and not the 39.

My 41mm CW C65 hand wound looks and feels spot on to me. In a mirror it looks substantial, but not over sized.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

I think that both the blue and green dial GMT versions look very good indeed.

No interest at all in the black or white dial versions.

Interesting that CW have gone for a different texture to the dial for the green.

Size 39mm? Spot on. :thumbup:

I fully expect the Sealander GMTs to wear slightly larger than the 40mm GMTs that I tend to wear. However still in my sweet spot.

Well done CW. :thumbup:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

Well, CW are certainly on a roll at the moment - some very nice looking stuff coming out of Maidenhead at the moment. That green dial looks fantastic. Well done CW
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

I think the 39mm is absolutely spot on with this model. Now, would a 41mm look better? Maybe.... If I bought this and a 41mm came out would I regret it? Don't know haha. It'd be more of the good stuff and that can't be bad right? :wave:

As suggested in the C60 Mk4 thread I think every future CW should come out in both 39mm and 41mm from now on. Seems it would have the most broad appeal for almost everyone. :thumbup:
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.
albionprs
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Post by albionprs »

Wow, haven't been looking for a watch for over 18 months now, however after opening up the email from CW just now and seeing this new green dial option for the C63, I've convinced myself it's a sign, and I must buy this watch.
I'm currently going through the process of obtaining Irish citizenship and with a fair wind an easy sell for the wife 😁🤞
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:00 pm
rkovars wrote:Interesting that they are not LEs too. Haven't all of the Ombré dials been LEs to date? I like it. The green on green strap is a bit much for me but I like the shade of green that they chose.
The current 40mm C60 Bronze with blue ombre dial is open series, not LE.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks Guy. Bronze is not my cup so I never pay close attention to those.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

Okay, after several years in the wilderness, this could be the one that pulls me back. I don't even like polished/brushed bezels but.... wow. Well done.

Now do it in bronze and I'm there! LOL. Seriously considering this one.

Screenshot 2021-10-01 10.39.08 AM.png
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I can see the addition of a ‘green’ being popular, well done CW.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by TP Fit »

Can anyone confirm whether the outer edge of the dial is actually darker than the rest or if its just an effect of lighting/shadow?

Thanks,

Ted
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

CW on a roll. Both the blue and green are very tempting, so it's "good" that I'm strictly out of the market ATM!

I hope CW do cracking well with these two. :clap:
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Darn..and I just recently ordered the new green dial Steiny GMT!!..I guess a comparison of it and & the new green dial Sealander could be interesting..oh well, there's a reason I keep looking at watch boxes!!.. :problem:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
DEV.Woulf
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by DEV.Woulf »

These two pictures really show it off:

But also why I prefer the Auto. GMT comes off a bit serious while the Auto is more casual. The GMT is such great value for money though it becomes a hard choice. :-k
Christopher Ward | LORIER | MONTA | SEIKO

Joseph.