tralls
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 10

Re: Any new CWs in the pipeline?

Post by tralls »

jkbarnes wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:48 pm
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:22 pm
My problem in trying to envision this is that the two Apex models produced so far have a slightly industrial look about them (in a good way). It works very well on the C7 and C60 but I wouldn’t think it was such a good look on a dress watch.
I think you’re absolutely right. This begs the question of why then even announcing an C1 Apex? The concept isn’t a good fit for the C1.

And while the C8 line is gone, I’d still love to see an Apex interpretation on a pilot’s watch! Perhaps use an Apex to reintroduce the line? One can dream…
I agree it can be hard to make that design look good for a dress watch. However, I think they would probably have continued their partnership with Armin Strom and done something a bit different for the dress watch. They could have gone full skeleton and back to a manual wind since that is more in line with high end dress watches. Here is a neat direction they could have gone and used a C1 case to show off the SH21 movement: http://orientplace.blogspot.com/2021/01 ... hours.html
Jamhill9

Post by Jamhill9 »

ajax87 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:57 pm The one I’m looking out for is the C60 Concept LE. It’s apparently set to “push the design envelope of the dial and calibre SH21”.

Coming autumn 2021.

And does the C1 Powerglow indicate a C1 Apex in the works? I’d like to think so.
C1 apex.. *drool* we can only hope!

Is there any new colors for the super compressors rumored?
SimonGermany
Senior
Senior

Post by SimonGermany »

It would be nice to see a really skinny automatic diver; something like the Orion Calamity. 10mm thick or less, I’d buy it.
Geefiasco
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Geefiasco »

When do you guys reckon we'll see a brand new C60 Trident? surely the lifespan is near the end of its cycle?
The highest human act is to inspire.
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

SimonGermany wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:14 pm It would be nice to see a really skinny automatic diver; something like the Orion Calamity. 10mm thick or less, I’d buy it.
The Calamity is pretty thin for sure.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Geefiasco wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:08 am When do you guys reckon we'll see a brand new C60 Trident? surely the lifespan is near the end of its cycle?
I suppose the question of exactly what a cycle is, is a good point for debate.

The C60 Trident in its current iteration is a shade over two years old. It seems to be very popular and has drawn a fair amount of acclamation from all quarters.

I’m not exactly sure why people would feel the need to ring the “All Change Bell” at this stage…this company needs to build some model longevity. IMHO.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by albionphoto »

If they can establish a four year life cycle for C60 models that would be a good start.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
Geefiasco
Senior
Senior

Post by Geefiasco »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:37 pm
Geefiasco wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:08 am When do you guys reckon we'll see a brand new C60 Trident? surely the lifespan is near the end of its cycle?
I suppose the question of exactly what a cycle is, is a good point for debate.

The C60 Trident in its current iteration is a shade over two years old. It seems to be very popular and has drawn a fair amount of acclamation from all quarters.

I’m not exactly sure why people would feel the need to ring the “All Change Bell” at this stage…this company needs to build some model longevity. IMHO.
Good points made. I only got mine in January, so I’m hoping there isn’t a new one for now so I can save a few quid :lol:
The highest human act is to inspire.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:37 pmI’m not exactly sure why people would feel the need to ring the “All Change Bell” at this stage…this company needs to build some model longevity. IMHO.
My thoughts too.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

With so many CW variations of models I’m lost these days as to what is what, even though I try to keep up here and by reading the Loupe. I remember when we spoke about a Trident and a choice of bezel colour, it all seemed so simple and at few hundred pounds a bargain. I collected 11 C60s Mk1 & 2, several I gave to my boys to help them get their collections off the ground. If I were to discover CW today I doubt I would buy 11 C60s. As beautiful as the designs are, they much more involved. No wonder the cost has risen proportionally. There must be a considerable cost in developing new watches too, given the recent prototype sale it would suggest a lot of money is spent in this area. I just wonder if CW has the financial capacity to keep developing new watches at this pace.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

All I want is a small production run of the C1 Powerglow please
JeremyS
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by JeremyS »

Richard D wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:07 am
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:37 pmI’m not exactly sure why people would feel the need to ring the “All Change Bell” at this stage…this company needs to build some model longevity. IMHO.
My thoughts too.
I’m on board with this. The current MKIII case is a great place to stay for a while. Also, a longer refresh cycle might mean more spare parts. Crowns, crown tubes, bezels and inserts, these things wear out. There’s a lot they can play with using the MKIII case and still provide some variety. Maybe a 40mm GMT? Maybe a bronze bracelet? Perhaps a COSC certified Sapphire?

I think CW could also make some coin and people happy (well, me) if they came out with a rubber strap and a deployant. I’d like something along the lines of what Omega uses, but Breitling also makes a good rubber strap with a diver’s adjusting buckle.
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by thomcat00 »

Designers must often be thinking of how they can improve their creations. I’ve done some writing and the internal editor never takes a coffee break. That said, I’d like to see the Trident Mk3 hold steady on design elements but perhaps extend the line with different color options. Retooling the case and other hardware must be expensive. As the C60 seems to sell well CW should be able to amortize their costs over a longer model run. Shaking up color options would be one way to give the model a longer life.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
DEV1ST8R
CW-watches: 5

Post by DEV1ST8R »

A blue Sealander, please.
sjedwardz
Junior
Junior

Post by sjedwardz »

A very orange ( a la Doxa) diver please. The orange in the sapphire is too dull for my liking.