New Stainless and bronze Ombre's added to website

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: New Stainless and bronze Ombre's added to website

Post by Thegreyman »

KJ Miller wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:52 am I think they look great but does anyone have any feedback on the durability of the distressed leather straps? I’ve been a little concerned that they’d wear faster than regular ones.
It's a fair question. The watch is a fairly recent model so there may not many people who have worn theirs long enough to know for sure. I'll wear mine in rotation so the strap should be spared a lot of punishment. Of course CW may stock replacements for a while and there is also the option of an aftermarket strap too.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

KJ Miller wrote:I think they look great but does anyone have any feedback on the durability of the distressed leather straps? I’ve been a little concerned that they’d wear faster than regular ones.
I have a CW distressed strap and found that the top layer, of colour, started to flake off; a result of the distressing process that leaves the leather very dry.

Simple solution was to treat it with some leather conditioner, I used Gliptone, which feeds the leather and has stabilised the top surface.

Next time, I will treat the leather as soon as I get the strap.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:14 am
Thegreyman wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:36 pm Well I’ve said a few times how much I like the Ombré so time to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak
A couple of further (positive) thoughts to add.

1. The legibility of the watch is excellent. I was sitting in my living room last night in fairly low light with only a couple of lamps on and it was easily readable, mainly due the the polished edges on the hands and indices.

2. Although being NN, the watch came with all protective covers on the bronze and looked absolutely untouched and new.

3. The packaging of the watch was very good and if it is more environmentally friendly then so much the better.
Congratulations Patrick and brilliant pick up NN as well! Your watch collection is absolutely top drawer with this and the POLM additions ( it was already fantastic and you took it up a couple of notches). Please share a mini review of the Ombré after a few weeks of wear in your rotation.....
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Viognier wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:38 pm Congratulations Patrick and brilliant pick up NN as well! Your watch collection is absolutely top drawer with this and the POLM additions ( it was already fantastic and you took it up a couple of notches). Please share a mini review of the Ombré after a few weeks of wear in your rotation.....
Thanks Lance, yes I'll post a short review of the Ombre soon :thumbup:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Viognier »

I believe @Ferg also had challenges with the distressing falling off the strap. My friend also ordered a C60 Ombré on the digressed strap and as an everyday wear has no distressing remaining. Do consider Guy’s suggestion of leather treatment for the strap to stabilize the look.
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
KJ Miller

Post by KJ Miller »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:53 pm
KJ Miller wrote:I think they look great but does anyone have any feedback on the durability of the distressed leather straps? I’ve been a little concerned that they’d wear faster than regular ones.
I have a CW distressed strap and found that the top layer, of colour, started to flake off; a result of the distressing process that leaves the leather very dry.

Simple solution was to treat it with some leather conditioner, I used Gliptone, which feeds the leather and has stabilised the top surface.

Next time, I will treat the leather as soon as I get the strap.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks, great feedback
Aresjab
CW-watches: 1

Post by Aresjab »

tikkathree wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:41 pm Liking the C60 Steel Ombre COSC....
I’m looking at buying one of these pre-owned. What was the original price for the MKIII C60 COSC Ombre with the grey dial?
C60 Bronze Ombré MK3

Jeff
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

Aresjab wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:37 am I’m looking at buying one of these pre-owned. What was the original price for the MKIII C60 COSC Ombre with the grey dial?
Take a look in the CW Archives here for all the info you need:

https://cwarchive.knack.com/cwarchive#w ... 012f99a75/
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

Don't forget, in the US, there would be about $100-150 above retail paid for duty on import. It would be up to you whether or not to factor that into the sale price now but thought I would mention it. There were a couple that went in the Jan sale for 600 and 700 pounds respectively but both of those are still over the $800 duty free limit so duty would have been payed on those as well just not as much. EDIT - If it was bought during a voucher period the retail would be $1027 on bracelet.

It is a great watch and the best execution of the C60 in my opinion. Good luck on the search! I see there is one listed on the Bay. Shoot an offer. The worst he can do is not accept it. :thumbup:
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London