What would your dream CW watch look like? - Photoshop fun

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

What would your dream CW watch look like? - Photoshop fun

Post by J0EMI »

If you could design your own CW watch that you would love to see produced, what would it look like? Let's have some fun here, some of you may have seen some mock ups I have done on here recently for some designs I would like, so if you can describe the watch you would like to have, I will design it for you, in between my 5 month old waking up of course :lol: Whether it's aspects of other watch brands or maybe a hybrid of existing CW designs. Maybe some other users here who are handy with editing can get involved too. One of my wish list CW watches is now available - the C60 Sapphire Orange, I created a mockup for it last year but I didn't think it would actually get made, who knows maybe CW will even see the ideas and make them one day! :)

One of my ideal designs, a bronze C60 Sapphire, just because I think the bronze is perfect for that deep blue underwater effect the dials gives off.
sketch-1624372073974.png
Screenshot_20210622-152220_Sketch.jpg
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: What would your dream CW watch look like? - Photoshop fun

Post by jkbarnes »

That’s a nice mock-up! The bronze with the blue sapphire makes for a very good looking combination.

While I don’t know if I’d call it my dream CW, I’m curious to see a C65 GMT Worldtimer in a color way other than the yellow. Perhaps a blue maybe, in place of the yellow?

And I’ve always wondered how the black dial C65 Dartmouth would look with white lume instead of vintage lume.

Nothing terribly exciting about those, I know. I’ll be thinking about what a dream watch might look like and will follow up with that later.

Oh, and the new C63 Elite in a Deep Blue like the C65 Super Compressor. A lot of people might like to see that! And shoot, how about a SC with a straight up black dial and bezel?
Drew
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:52 pm
While I don’t know if I’d call it my dream CW, I’m curious to see a C65 GMT Worldtimer in a color way other than the yellow. Perhaps a blue maybe, in place of the yellow?
I was curious about this in other colours too and I did play with others at the time, I was curious how an orange would look but surprisingly it didn't suit it at all, a blue sounds interesting!
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

J0EMI wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 pm I was curious about this in other colours too and I did play with others at the time, I was curious how an orange would look but surprisingly it didn't suit it at all, a blue sounds interesting!
When first released, I didn’t like the yellow at all but now it’s grown on me….so much so I have a hard time trying to visualize other colors. I threw the blue out as just a random idea, or perhaps a red? Something bright as opposed to darker, maybe?
Drew
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

I’m thinking C63 auto, with a high quality textured dial in deep blue from the C65sc or green, maybe sunburst, maybe waves, maybe deckboard a la Aqua Terra, with the SH21 beating inside. Maybe a chronograph version of it, too…
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

nordwulf wrote:
Sort of a C60 GMT Anthropocine?

Nice.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

jkbarnes wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:11 pm
J0EMI wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:03 pm I was curious about this in other colours too and I did play with others at the time, I was curious how an orange would look but surprisingly it didn't suit it at all, a blue sounds interesting!
When first released, I didn’t like the yellow at all but now it’s grown on me….so much so I have a hard time trying to visualize other colors. I threw the blue out as just a random idea, or perhaps a red? Something bright as opposed to darker, maybe?
sketch-1624386575493.png
sketch-1624386781347.png
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

1 of the recent photos of the white C63 (which I can't find now) picked up a colour from somewhere that made the dial look a pale blue a little softer than the sky blue colour Halios released a couple of years ago (and much much lighter than the new Rolex OP).

So interested to see what it would look like - pale blue dial with existing white baton markers and hands, dark blue or black minute numerals and pips and WR and second hand tip, on the blue tide strap.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

Made these in 2019.. C65 GMT case and bezel mated with the C65 Dartmouth in softer vintage colors. 41mm and no date.

Renton
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Renton »

This isn't actually my 'dream CW', but I thought I'd see what my blue bronze prototype might look like in green!

rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

nordwulf wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:54 pm Made these in 2019.. C65 GMT case and bezel mated with the C65 Dartmouth in softer vintage colors. 41mm and no date.

That looks really good. Very interesting shade of blue on that. I like the Dartmouth markers over the stick markers of the current C65 GMT. Really sharp mockup.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
J0EMI
Senior
Senior

Post by J0EMI »

ajax87 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:11 pm I’m thinking C63 auto, with a high quality textured dial in deep blue from the C65sc or green, maybe sunburst, maybe waves, maybe deckboard a la Aqua Terra, with the SH21 beating inside. Maybe a chronograph version of it, too…
sketch-1624392681251.png
sketch-1624395875977.png
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

J0EMI wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:34 pm
Thanks for the efforts. That’s impressive work. And perhaps, like the orange you worked up, the idea sounds better than the reality looks.
Drew
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I know we are dreaming in this thread, but it might be worth keeping some realism. For example, CW have said that 40mm is the smallest case that the SH21 can fit into, so the current C63 Auto case is not viable for it.

Also, in the picture above what is the point of chronograph pushers if there are no sub-dials or other chronograph functionality on the dial? What are the pushers controlling?
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr