ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: C63 Elite - innovation or gimmick?

Post by ajax87 »

strapline wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:16 pm
ajax87 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:54 pm
strapline wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:55 am Still no sign of an Elite out in the wilds yet, it can only be a matter of days? Very much looking forward to some real world photos and, of course, that person's thoughts on the, how shall we put this, unusual/untypical crown.

Des
A couple people have received them and posted pics and thoughts on the CW Facebook groups.

Pics look great, reviews very good. Not sure how long I can hold off ordering my own...
Steady there young Alex! Now where do your priorities lie? I thought you were in the market for a chronograph, with a very decent-sized spend attached? You need to focus your attention, you can't be looking left and right at the same time. :lol: :lol:

Des
I need blinders! Or I need to win the lottery :lol:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

stefs wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:05 pm When checking my order on the account page on the cw website mine is just showing as 'partially held'. Anyone else seeing this or have a clue what it means?
Mine still says "pre-order", but I probably ordered mine after you did (mine was ordered 21/5). I'm not entirely sure what "partially held" means, but I suspect one of the watch head and the chosen strap(s) is ready, but not both. Still, "partially held" is progress at least! :)
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

welshlad wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:36 pm I'm not entirely sure what "partially held" means
It means they have referred it to the third umpire. Did it touch the ground before they caught it?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
TPS10
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 7

Post by TPS10 »

I ordered a C63 Elite on bracelet on the day of release and have noticed today that the order status has changed to “being prepared for dispatch”. Yesterday it was showing “partially held”, so hopefully not too long a wait now.
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

I've just noticed that the status of my order has also now changed to "being prepared for dispatch". :D

Plus I received a CW marketing email today saying that the Elite was now in stock for new orders.
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

Had an email confirmation today that my Elite (on bracelet) has been dispatched! :D

Unfortunately, had another one from DPD saying it won't arrive until Monday. Bah humbug. :(

Anyone else had any notifications? Or arrivals, even?
Amor Vincit Omnia

welshlad wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:24 pm Had an email confirmation today that my Elite (on bracelet) has been dispatched! :D
I'll be interested to know your thoughts on dial size, Steve, as that's a subject you have brought up recently. I have been going on about a presumed blue Elite in the pipeline, but it strikes me that with the internal bezel the dial area is going to be quite small. :-k
Steve

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:28 pm it strikes me that with the internal bezel the dial area is going to be quite small. :-k
I hope so. Otherwise it's going to seem too big, as a 40mm cased sports watch. :)

I think the key with the Elite is going to be what parts of what is under the crystal are perceived by one's brain to be the dial. I'm expecting the sloping internal bezel not to be registered by my brain as part of the dial (otherwise it will definitely seem too big). But I'm not sure about the ring with the cut-outs, between the dial proper and the internal bezel. The minute hand extends part-way into this ring and the ring is flat like the dial, so I expect that it will seem to be like part of the dial, which will be fine for me and for most people too. Even if my brain regards it as separate to the dial, it will probably be ok for me as I like small dials (e.g. like the C65 Super Compressor). But others might regard the dial (and, hence, watch) as too small if their brains perceive things the same way.

Time will tell. I will report back with thoughts once I've got it in my paws.
downer

Post by downer »

welshlad wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:24 pm Had an email confirmation today that my Elite (on bracelet) has been dispatched! :D

Unfortunately, had another one from DPD saying it won't arrive until Monday. Bah humbug. :(

Anyone else had any notifications? Or arrivals, even?
I've had the same two emails.

Sometimes DPD under-promise and over-deliver, so I guess there's a chance the watch will be delivered tomorrow.

Remember, hope is the last thing to die. :lol:
Richard
Amor Vincit Omnia

downer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:17 pm Remember, hope is the last thing to die. :lol:
Well said, Epimetheus! :D
Steve

welshlad

Post by welshlad »

downer wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:17 pm Sometimes DPD under-promise and over-deliver, so I guess there's a chance the watch will be delivered tomorrow.

Remember, hope is the last thing to die. :lol:
This is why I always take the approach of under-expecting. It's safer that way! :)
Amor Vincit Omnia

welshlad wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:07 pm This is why I always take the approach of under-expecting. It's safer that way! :)
As the joiner once said to his fiancée, “What...are you expecting?”

Good job they had a stable relationship.
Steve

stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

Mine continues to be at preparing for despatch which as I ordered as soon as they were launched and was told mine was being picked earlier today has given me the right hump.
Why arent they done in some sort of chronological order?
Moderator privilege?
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
welshlad

Post by welshlad »

stefs wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:19 pm Mine continues to be at preparing for despatch which as I ordered as soon as they were launched and was told mine was being picked earlier today has given me the right hump.
Moderator privilege?
Paul, didn't your order have an additional strap? Maybe that's not yet in stock and they are waiting for it? I don't know.

I can assure you there is no "moderator privilege". We order the same way as anyone else and the big CW ordering machine/process doesn't have the first clue about us being moderators etc.

Obviously, it deprioritises troublemakers though. :D :escape:
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

welshlad wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:54 pm
stefs wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:19 pm Mine continues to be at preparing for despatch which as I ordered as soon as they were launched and was told mine was being picked earlier today has given me the right hump.
Moderator privilege?
Paul, didn't your order have an additional strap? Maybe that's not yet in stock and they are waiting for it? I don't know.

I can assure you there is no "moderator privilege". We order the same way as anyone else and the big CW ordering machine/process doesn't have the first clue about us being moderators etc.

Obviously, it deprioritises troublemakers though. :D :escape:
You can pack up all this common sense malarkey Steve and leave me alone to sulk if you don’t mind! :lol:
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul