C60 Sapphire - Other Sizes

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
TP Fit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Sapphire - Other Sizes

Post by TP Fit »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:02 pm That trio of watches shows what a stunner the C60 Sapphire is as a watch. :clap: :clap:

Keep it. Full stop. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Guy

PS> It looks fine by the way. :wink: :wink:
Thank you Guy! I'm leaning towards that way :thumbup:
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I'm with everyone above. I don't think it looks too small at all. You might find yourself grabbing it when you need something a little more low profile on the wrist. I say keep it and enjoy it! :thumbup:
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
GreenHighlander
CW-watches: 6

Post by GreenHighlander »

When I first got mine I thought it looked small on my wrist but realized it was only perception due to the steel bezel. I had been wearing a 43mm C60 Bronze a lot before it came in.. I really enjoy it now. In your photo, I thought it fit you well I would urge you to pick up the bracelet as it really change the look and focus to the dial.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

They all look fine to me.
If I may make a suggestion...
Sometimes changing the strap (making it darker or adding some colour) can make a watch wearer larger - it's kind of an illusion on the eyes.
The post above with regards the bracelet is a good call.
However, I would also suggest that a Hybrid Blue/Orange Rubber strap might do the trick.
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

Thanks for all the replies and insight. The tag and plastic wrap is off and in the garbage! It's a keeper!!! I like the suggestion of mixing up the bands to get a different perception. :thumbup:
TP Fit
Senior
Senior

Post by TP Fit »

One other thing I have noticed as I am now wearing it consistently...I feel the watch is a little top heavy due to the 40mm diameter compared to the near 13mm height. What I mean exactly is that I feel the watch shift up to the top side when I move around. Do you think its possibly the strap or the dimensions of the watch? I currently have the hybrid strap on it but it fits perfectly like my other watches. The Aquis is a heavier watch and does not shift around like the Sapphire. Any thoughts?
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Noush »

My experience with the Hybrid straps is they can take some time to conform to your wrist and you can get the effect you are talking about.
I replaced mine with a single-pass NATO and the wearing experience much improved. You might also try a sailcloth or canvas strap.
Such a cool watch, well worth an experiment or 2 which need not not cost a lot.
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

The bracelet should help balance out any weight issues too. And don't you know there are 20 mm (for the 40mm case) C60 bracelets in the Nearly New section right now!
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It's an expensive option to try but I think a CW cordovan would look great on the sapphire. Blue one obviously for the blue sapphire. It's a midnight blue strap, very dark.
CW257
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by CW257 »

Other sizes aside, what about other colours?

I saw a red prototype surfaced recently on Reddit. I wonder if that was a one off or something they’ll consider releasing properly?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/comme ... ecial_red/
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

CW257 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:50 pm Other sizes aside, what about other colours?

I saw a red prototype surfaced recently on Reddit. I wonder if that was a one off or something they’ll consider releasing properly?
Other colors I think is more likely than other sizes. Several prototypes were sold in the January sale this year, including red and orange and in varying degrees of dial opacity. I think it was shortly after that they released the black sapphire version. So it looks good for more color variations, fingers crossed!
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
midnightlight

Post by midnightlight »

are there any pictures of these prototypes? would love to see some!
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

midnightlight wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:56 am are there any pictures of these prototypes? would love to see some!
There are some good pics of the orange prototype on page 3 of this thread ——> viewtopic.php?f=1&t=55946&hilit=Orange+ ... e&start=30

I think I’ve seen the red prototype pop up on the CW Enthusiasts Facebook group if you want to check there, though I couldn’t find it with a quick search right now.
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
midnightlight

Post by midnightlight »

I think there was a picture of the red prototype in the C60 MK4 thread too. Gonna have a look at the facebook group anyways, thx for the link!
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Man that red with a black bezel and the red 16 minutes would be sooooo nice. I like the sapphire dials but not a fan of the steel bezel. I picked up the Blue Marine and totally love it with the ceramic bezel and wave pattern. I never thought blue could be an everyday watch but it's kind of forced itself above all others at this point.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk