Mk1 C65 classic bracelet compatibility

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Mk1 C65 classic bracelet compatibility

Post by johncolescarr »

Boring, technical question I'm afraid

I'm thinking of picking up a white dial mk1 C65 classic on bracelet (the 43mm ones), really keen on a sporty 3 hander I can wear pretty much anywhere and love the older style hands and wave pattern on the mk1's.

However, the original bracelets AFAIK do not have the tool less quick adjust of later models, certainly the one I'm eying up doesnt.

My question is 2 fold:
1. does the newer mk2 (ie baton handed, no wave pattern) C65 classic bracelets fit the mk1 (I think they do)
2. moreover, does the Mk2 C60 (which are due to be in stock in June, plus may be picking up a Mk2 C60 anyway as, well I love them!) fit the C65 Mk1? Again I think I'm right in saying they do fit as the case designs are all the same but would appreciate some backup on this!

Thanks in advance

John
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: Mk1 C65 classic bracelet compatibility

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Very simply; any C60 Trident Pro 600 (Mk2) bracelet will retro-fit onto a C60 Trident Pro Mk1, and even the C6 Kingfisher, but not the the other way around.

A point to bear in mind though, is that the C65 Mk1 Classic bracelet was all brushed, whereas the C60 Trident bracelet has polished center links. Easily dealt with using a scratch pad.

Your best bet though, is to wait a couple of months when, as I have read, the current brushed bracelet with ratchet micro-adjustment will become available with C60 Trident Pro Mk2 end links.

Good luck.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:29 pm
Your best bet though, is to wait a couple of months when, as I have read, the current brushed bracelet with ratchet micro-adjustment will become available with C60 Trident Pro Mk2 end links.
Wow! I knew that CW were going to restock mk2 C60 bracelets (I reached out to CW for confirmation of this) but didn’t know they would also be the new design with mk2 end links! I guess it’s still speculation until they’re listed on the site but I will definitely hold out as I think the design will suit the Mk1 C65s very well being all brushed to match the case.

This is a very different approach than some other watch brands. I’ve heard of folk who regretted their decision on a fairly substantial purchase to skip the bracelet when they bought a watch and the manufacturer refuses to sell the bracelet only! They have to buy a whole watch with bracelet, swap it, then sell on the other version (or just sell and buy again if not attached to their piece).

Thanks for the heads up guy,

John
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

^^^^ For clarity, John, that it will be the new/current bracelet with C60 Trident Mk2 end links is an assumption on my part.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
johncolescarr
Expert
Expert

Post by johncolescarr »

^^^^a pretty exciting one though Guy. I’m just glad CW are supporting their discontinued models rather than forcing customers to buy the new models
Dress C63 36mm
Dive C C63 36mm
Fly C63 36mm