Significant birthday watch - has to be a Sinn?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: Significant birthday watch - has to be a Sinn?

Post by downer »

Sinn have now released the 50th anniversary watch...Here is a borrowed picture..

* Movement
* Caliber:SZ05 (Modified 7750)
* Movement winding:Automatic
* Bearing jewels:27
* Alternations:28.800 /Std.

* Case
* Case material:Stainless steel satinized
* Crystal:Sapphire, with anti-reflective coating on both sides
* Case back:Sapphire, with anti-reflective coating on the inside
* Water resistant:as per DIN 8310
* Pressure resistance:10 bar
* Diameter of case:42,0 mm
* Watch thickness:15,5 mm
* Weight:89 g
* Band lug width:22 mm
Richard
highway62

Post by highway62 »

it's nice, but Sinn have soooo many chronos! :?
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Royston 64 »

The sinn 50th anniversary watch is a stunner Richard. If there are only a limited amount of these, they will go quickly but I'm sure Neil Wood at chronomaster will be getting a few. I've had a lot of Sinn watches and they have all been excellent. In terms of looks and value for money, the 103 A SA automatic chrono is one of the best. I would get it on the steel bracelet and also order a leather strap for a change of look. The white chrono dials against the black background look great.
Their U series of watches are always great talking points, especially the ones made from submarine steel and they hold their value well.
I've also had two of their limited editions (Sinn finance chrono and the Fulda challenge chrono Kit) and they obtained great resale values. I sold them both to a German collector but wish I hadn't.
By the way Neil is negotiable on his prices. :)
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
downer

Post by downer »

Thanks for the info Royston. I believe it is limited to 500 pieces and Jura have it on their website now. It is £1450.. which is certainly more than I've ever paid for a watch. Not sure I can bring myself to part with that much cash for a watch to be honest. I mean, will I get more pleasure from it than I would from a £500 watch?

Actually, Royston, it sounds like you may have the experience to answer that question? (of course, only if you wish to..) :)
Richard
Woodell
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Woodell »

downer wrote:Thanks for the info Royston. I believe it is limited to 500 pieces and Jura have it on their website now. It is £1450.. which is certainly more than I've ever paid for a watch. Not sure I can bring myself to part with that much cash for a watch to be honest. I mean, will I get more pleasure from it than I would from a £500 watch?

Actually, Royston, it sounds like you may have the experience to answer that question? (of course, only if you wish to..) :)
I think you would...Yes I do...I realllly do. 8)
Wear: C-60 Trident......Xezo Tribune LE
Own but never wear: Adriatica "Pilot" - Baume & Mercier "Capeland" - Swiss Military Hanowa
"Railroad Chrono." - Sector "SK-8" - Movado - Elgin "Swiss"
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Royston 64 »

downer wrote:Thanks for the info Royston. I believe it is limited to 500 pieces and Jura have it on their website now. It is £1450.. which is certainly more than I've ever paid for a watch. Not sure I can bring myself to part with that much cash for a watch to be honest. I mean, will I get more pleasure from it than I would from a £500 watch?

That's a difficult one Richard.... I guess I got a lot of enjoyment out of my Sinn watches, but I got pretty good deals on them. My way of thinking was that if I bought quality regardless of price, I could always sell the watches on without taking a serious hit. This worked for a lot of watches, but some did disappoint me when I eventually decided to sell. I guess it all comes down to everyones circumstances. Other watches of course you never want to sell. At the minute there is no way I could afford £1450 for a watch, but if I did have it......well I wouldn't hesitate to get that Sinn anniversary, but I would get it from Neil at Chronomaster (He'll do it cheaper believe me).
I know it is not really an answer Richard, but it is the best I can do. :?
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
downer

Post by downer »

Woodell wrote: I think you would...Yes I do...I realllly do. 8)
I reckon you could turn out to be a bad influence. :lol:
Royston 64 wrote: That's a difficult one Richard.... I guess I got a lot of enjoyment out of my Sinn watches, but I got pretty good deals on them. My way of thinking was that if I bought quality regardless of price, I could always sell the watches on without taking a serious hit. This worked for a lot of watches, but some did disappoint me when I eventually decided to sell. I guess it all comes down to everyones circumstances. Other watches of course you never want to sell. At the minute there is no way I could afford £1450 for a watch, but if I did have it......well I wouldn't hesitate to get that Sinn anniversary, but I would get it from Neil at Chronomaster (He'll do it cheaper believe me).
I know it is not really an answer Richard, but it is the best I can do. :?
I think it is a valid point. Quality products should not (in general) be too risky.

However, this 50th birthday watch should be a keeper, and somehow, that makes the choice a bit more tricky. Still, plenty of time to come to a decision. :)
Richard
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

How much I personally like a watch doesn't relate to its cost, really. I've owned watches worth up to about £1000, but my £70 Seiko 5 military (which I'm wearing right now), I like very very much - I get as much pleasure out of it than I do out of any other watch I've owned. I like the dial, the lume, the day&date, the strap, the colour, the see-through back...