Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: I knew this was too easy

Post by Viognier »

ajax87 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:59 pm
jkbarnes wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:41 pm
I did contact CW customer service about the lethality of the sharp edges on their bracelet end links. I told them how it was a good 18 seconds before I could get the bleeding stopped. They said that was well within spec, which is stopping within 20 seconds. I cut myself on my bracelet for my Seiko and it didn’t bleed at all. If a cheap watch like a Seiko doesn’t even draw blood, I don’t understand how CW can say 18 seconds to stop bleeding is acceptable?! Just terrible customer service.

#wiggleswashere
:lol: this will never get old!
NEVER ever will it get old!!!!
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

jkbarnes wrote:UPDATE: I emailed Mike France. He was very apologetic and is having metal file for those lethal edges sent out to me along with a vial of blood for my loss. That’s a great gesture for sure, but one should not have to go straight to the top get a vial of blood. When I ordered my Strapcode bracelet for my Seiko, it came with a pint of O-, a trauma kit, and a robotic bracelet mounting machine. CW just sent me spring bars with the bracelet. Unacceptable.
Andrew, yes CW could learn a lot from Seiko. Apparently when you buy a Patek, they supply a medical assistant to be on standby for whenever you wish to change a strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Patrick, that’s sexist!
Steve.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

I meant to say sexy!
Steve.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Thegreyman wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:47 pm
jkbarnes wrote:UPDATE: I emailed Mike France. He was very apologetic and is having metal file for those lethal edges sent out to me along with a vial of blood for my loss. That’s a great gesture for sure, but one should not have to go straight to the top get a vial of blood. When I ordered my Strapcode bracelet for my Seiko, it came with a pint of O-, a trauma kit, and a robotic bracelet mounting machine. CW just sent me spring bars with the bracelet. Unacceptable.
Andrew, yes CW could learn a lot from Seiko. Apparently when you buy a Patek, they supply a medical assistant to be on standby for whenever you wish to change a strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you also get to look after the nurse for the next generation?
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Hahahahaha
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Korkki »

__82cf373c288ed9a2c3be51a01798d2f5.jpg
NO PARKING
This space is reserved
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Need to include this on "essential reading" for new members (to be read in under 20 seconds).
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

exHowfener wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:54 pm
Need to include this on "essential reading" for new members (to be read in under 20 seconds).
We might need a @wiggles fan fiction thread where we share our best complaints in the style of wiggles. I’ve had to moderate myself, as I’ve felt an urge to post a wiggles themed joke comment on almost everything lately! I don’t want to get banned for beating a dead horse or riding a joke into the ground. I’m pretty’s sure that’s mentioned in the rules & etiquette somewhere. :lol:
Drew
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^Best not. I don't want to sound like a curmudgeonly mod. Once is funny but it's probably best not to make a habit of it. I know I've participated in this one and found it amusing, but best to keep a sense of perspective. He's gone - let him go.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

Korkki wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:54 pm __82cf373c288ed9a2c3be51a01798d2f5.jpg
:lol: :clap:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:35 pm ^^^Best not. I don't want to sound like a curmudgeonly mod. Once is funny but it's probably best not to make a habit of it. I know I've participated in this one and found it amusing, but best to keep a sense of perspective. He's gone - let him go.
I understand completely. I suggested it as a joke with no intention of actually starting a thread. I do tend to push jokes too far, so please don’t hesitate to set me straight if necessary...but I don’t think that will be necessary.
Drew
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Now that it's tasted blood it will always have the hunger. I would recommend getting a pair of kevlar gloves for future strap changes, as it will won't be safe to approach it with a springbar tool otherwise.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
GTC854
Senior
Senior

Post by GTC854 »

Highly amusing to read over breakfast. Thanks for having me start my day with a smile on my face guys.
Gordon