What would you change about your CW?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
ShaunMcGill
CW-watches: 1

What would you change about your CW?

Post by ShaunMcGill »

No watch is perfect and us watch people will look deeper than most for things we could change so what would you change on your CW watch?

For my GMT I would make the date window bigger (don't panic, the Cyclops in the photo is not attached) and I would add a screw-down crown. It doesn't need a screw-down, but just for peace of mind it would be nice. Otherwise it is pretty much perfect...
Attachments
cyclops.jpg
Shaun McGill
McGST
http://McGST.com
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: What would you change about your CW?

Post by jkbarnes »

ShaunMcGill wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 pm No watch is perfect and us watch people will look deeper than most for things we could change so what would you change on your CW watch?

For my GMT I would make the date window bigger (don't panic, the Cyclops in the photo is not attached) and I would add a screw-down crown. It doesn't need a screw-down, but just for peace of mind it would be nice. Otherwise it is pretty much perfect...
I’m sure someone will chime in and correct me ifI’m wrong, but I think CW is introducing screw down crowns to all (or at least some?) of the C65 range in response to customer feedback.

I think the one thing you might hear from a lot of people will be changing the logo and/or it’s placement!

As for the 2 CWs I now, I don’t think I’d change a thing. I love them as is!
Drew
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

35E1D72F-6629-4D7C-A1BC-A44371D692D3.jpeg
I’d leave the second hand on the sandstorm without the red on the tip. I think it would make the watch look a wee bit classier. That’s all!
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
ShaunMcGill

Post by ShaunMcGill »

missF wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:25 pm 35E1D72F-6629-4D7C-A1BC-A44371D692D3.jpeg

I’d leave the second hand on the sandstorm without the red on the tip. I think it would make the watch look a wee bit classier. That’s all!
Yes, I agree. Obviously the hand is too short here, but it does look cleaner.
Attachments
image.JPG
Shaun McGill
McGST
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

My C1 Moonglow is ALMOST perfect. If the smoked sapphire partition would be just a little bit darker and hide the other moon just a little bit more, that would be cool.

1A6BD042-DC36-4B6E-9B81-D3AFC35AAE4D.jpeg

Also waiting on the usual suspects to chime in on the logo placement :popcorn:
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by exHowfener »

I think the one thing you might hear from a lot of people will be changing the logo and/or it’s placement!
Surely not?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

Hi Wiggles here

I’d make my SC 18 seconds faster :wave:

(Sorry, couldn’t resist it) :lol:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Generally not a lot.

The bezels on the C70 DBR1 and the C65 Trident Diver could be a bit more robust, and I would have preferred a screw-down crown on the C65.

But in general if I don't like the look/spec of a watch I don't buy it. And if I go off it I sell it.

Oh, I'd change the logo. Don't care where they put it but I'd prefer it said Vacheron-Constantin or Piaget.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Thermexman »

I’d have a screw down crown on my C65 and get the bracelet for it... wait, I’ve done that already and it works as well as I’d hoped.
The C65 Chronograph just needs a...just needs a...nah, it’s pretty damn perfect for my tastes!
On second thoughts, maybe if the running seconds hand was orange to match the other side?
030EE816-4AB3-457F-8B91-5167695FBC30.jpeg
Attachments
2D6E2E83-7C37-4765-9AD4-E39A60B47918.jpeg
Steve.
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jkbarnes »

ajax87 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:42 pm My C1 Moonglow is ALMOST perfect. If the smoked sapphire partition would be just a little bit darker and hide the other moon just a little bit more, that would be cool.

1A6BD042-DC36-4B6E-9B81-D3AFC35AAE4D.jpeg

Also waiting on the usual suspects to chime in on the logo placement :popcorn:
I agree 100%. That’s been my only quibble with the Moonglow.
Drew
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

I'm perfectly happy with my Chr.Ward Trident MkII so nothing to change on it and I've only bought further pre-owned Chr.Ward MkIIs from SC after that.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

ShaunMcGill wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:16 pm No watch is perfect and us watch people will look deeper than most for things we could change so what would you change on your CW watch?

Bi-directional bezels on the GMT. That, to me, is just penny pinching. I modded my C65 GMT to make the bezel bi-directional. After getting it apart and seeing how it was put together it would be very easy and cheap to remedy. Other than that the watch is great. I also agree that a screw down crown would be nice.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
ShaunMcGill

Post by ShaunMcGill »

The logo placement complaints I sort of get, but it was strange to me how it works and does not work on the GMT. On the Pepsi I found the placement to not work and to leave the dial too sparse. On the Black GMT it actually suits the design. Very strange.
Attachments
IMG_2317.jpg
gmt.jpg
Shaun McGill
McGST
RichM
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by RichM »

I've read that screw down crowns are more likely to transfer vibrations on to the movement and therefore push-pull crowns are better in some watches. I think it was in relation to testing done by Bremont on their Martin Baker range of watches.

I prefer a screw down crown but it's not necessarily without other risks if what I've read was true.

Actually, thinking about it, does the super compressor have a screw down crown? It shouldn't, should it?
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

The Super Compressor has both. The main crown is screw down and the bezel crown is not.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London