My Purchase from the Mappin & Webb Sale...

A place to discuss other watch-brands
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Re: My Purchase from the Mappin & Webb Sale...

Post by StrapMeister »

Something that I have noticed...
That COSC & Warranty Registration booklet looks like the other half has been torn off.
I would ask the seller whether they filled that in on your behalf and sent it off to Bremont.
If they haven't then I would be questioning where it is and what has happened to it.
I believe that the booklet, and thus registration, would act as both your COSC and Warranty.
You could always confirm this with Bremont Customer Services.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by TigerChris »

StrapMeister wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:38 pm Something that I have noticed...
That COSC & Warranty Registration booklet looks like the other half has been torn off.
I would ask the seller whether they filled that in on your behalf and sent it off to Bremont.
If they haven't then I would be questioning where it is and what has happened to it.
I believe that the booklet, and thus registration, would act as both your COSC and Warranty.
Good spot that - I spotted similar with someone selling a, supposedly, new Bremont on eBay not while back and he couldn’t give me a satisfactory answer as to why so I wasn’t interested. Do you think that maybe the S301 might not be all that it seems? With the bezel and warranty card issue maybe it could be a customer return and the original customer sent the card off before deciding to return it?
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

TigerChris wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:44 pm
Good spot that - I spotted similar with someone selling a, supposedly, new Bremont on eBay not while back and he couldn’t give me a satisfactory answer as to why so I wasn’t interested. Do you think that maybe the S301 might not be all that it seems? With the bezel and warranty card issue maybe it could be a customer return and the original customer sent the card off before deciding to return it?
The mark on the bezel (giving the benefit of the doubt) I suspected may have been caused by a sticky label - thankfully it came off easily from what I have read, BUT, what with the strap and the missing bit of the card, Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking - Second-hand or Customer Return.
If I wasn't getting a satisfactory response from the Seller (were they selling something as New or NOS?), then I'd be contacting Bremont Customer Services to find out what the score is.
TigerChris
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by TigerChris »

StrapMeister wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:53 pm
TigerChris wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:44 pm
The mark on the bezel (giving the benefit of the doubt) I suspected may have been caused by a sticky label - thankfully it came off easily from what I have read, BUT, what with the strap and the missing bit of the card, Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking - Second-hand or Customer Return.
If I wasn't getting a satisfactory response from the Seller (were they selling something as New or NOS?), then I'd be contacting Bremont Customer Services to find out what the score is.
Agreed, I’d be doing the same. Something doesn’t quite seem to add up. Oh, and your new Bremont Jag looks great in the new pics with your actual Jag :thumbup:
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

TigerChris wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:57 pm ... and your new Bremont Jag looks great in the new pics with your actual Jag :thumbup:
Lancslad
Senior
Senior

Post by Lancslad »

Lovely watch...Bremont do make some beautiful watches, one thing i noticed when i bought my first Bremont...a Solo 43... was that the cosc certificate was dated from 7 yrs ago....on contacting Bremont customer services to query it i was told they wanted me to send the watch back for a free service. I declined that offer but negotiated them to replace that watch with a new watch with a recent certification as i wasn't comfortable with buying a new watch and then sending it back for service for what could have been a few weeks. Bremont were brilliant...they organised collection and a new watch to be sent out the following day, and they followed it up a few days later to confirm i was happy...Proper customer service.
Les
ricardo75
Senior
Senior

Post by ricardo75 »

TigerChris wrote:
ricardo75 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:51 pm Thanks for that, guess I should contact Bremont re the certificate then...
With older stock Bremonts which I presume yours is having bought in the sale, you will receive the COSC cert with a leather luggage tag in a little box after registering the watch with Bremont. With newer models there is no longer a COSC cert as they use ISO now and get that certificate on purchase as it’s done in house. In my opinion when you register it you are better off scanning and uploading the completed card into the registration page on their website rather than sending it in the post - Hope that helps.
Thanks, I’ve registered online with a photo of the completed card.
ricardo75
Senior
Senior

Post by ricardo75 »

StrapMeister wrote:Something that I have noticed...
Thanks, I will get them to confirm.

I think it all looks okay as the half I have was completed by the dealer and dated on the day they called me to let me know they were posting it.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

ricardo75 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:43 pm
StrapMeister wrote:Something that I have noticed...
Thanks, I will get them to confirm.

I think it all looks okay as the half I have was completed by the dealer and dated on the day they called me to let me know they were posting it.
Sounds good :thumbup:
Obviously, strap aside, you're happy with the watch and want to keep it.
So, at the end of the day, you have the completed booklet and have done the right thing by registering it with Bremont.
This should mean that you have a 3 year warranty from the date of registration.
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Although I really like the Blue strap that the Jag came on, I just felt that with the black/red details of the watch there was something more suitable.
So, after some playing around, I bit the bullet and purchased a new strap from BREMONT - it's a Norton V4 (https://www.bremont.com/collections/all ... -black-red) (for reference, it comes with spring bars installed but no buckle) which turned up this morning.
Fitted the buckle from the blue strap, attached to the watch and very pleased with the outcome...
Bremont Jag MkIII 01.JPG
Bremont Jag MkIII 02.JPG
Bremont Jag MkIII 03.JPG
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

that suits it very well :D
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Definitely a good combination.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Chris375
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 15

Post by Chris375 »

StrapMeister wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 pm
treyford wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:47 pm Nigel,
I see you couldn't help yourself and it nice to see pictures of your new Bremont with your Jag, the go together well. Now you have to safe up for Aston Martin themed watch and get yourself a aston to go with it. :-)
Thanks John :thumbup:
Weeellll!
...the Aston Martin themed watch is "hopefully" on its way - I'm just waiting for shipping confirmation.
As you know I have owned an Aston before, so never say never!
JAFO wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:01 pm What about an Aston Martin Key fob. Brand new £5.50
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTON-MARTIN ... Sw6VVeqH1J
Actually, I already have the key fob :thumbup:

So I'll have the watch and the key fob, so will have to do something about getting the keys to one.
(...but it won't be anytime soon I'm afraid!)

...AND, do you know the crazy thing about it is?
If I sold most of my collection I could probably buy a second-hand 2006/7 V8 Vantage :?
You could always buy an Aston Martin Owners Club watch to go with your key fob and Vantage 👍
Attachments
72C64A7C-FFB4-4884-AFE9-7B7E9617A986.jpeg
10xCW, 3xBremont, 2xTag Heuer, 6xOmega, 1xHamilton, 1xSeiko
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by StrapMeister »

Chris375 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:41 pm
StrapMeister wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 pm
treyford wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:47 pm Nigel,
I see you couldn't help yourself and it nice to see pictures of your new Bremont with your Jag, the go together well. Now you have to safe up for Aston Martin themed watch and get yourself a aston to go with it. :-)
Thanks John :thumbup:
Weeellll!
...the Aston Martin themed watch is "hopefully" on its way - I'm just waiting for shipping confirmation.
As you know I have owned an Aston before, so never say never!
JAFO wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:01 pm What about an Aston Martin Key fob. Brand new £5.50
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTON-MARTIN ... Sw6VVeqH1J
Actually, I already have the key fob :thumbup:

So I'll have the watch and the key fob, so will have to do something about getting the keys to one.
(...but it won't be anytime soon I'm afraid!)

...AND, do you know the crazy thing about it is?
If I sold most of my collection I could probably buy a second-hand 2006/7 V8 Vantage :?
You could always buy an Aston Martin Owners Club watch to go with your key fob and Vantage 👍
Very nice :thumbup:
...that would go very well with my gilet :D
AMOC_Gilet_001.JPG
Although I have this as an AM themed watch
C9 AM GT 01.JPG