A place to discuss other watch-brands
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

ETA 2671 in lady's Cartier Santos

Post by Bident »

Hello all,

I gave my wife a Cartier Santos about 10 years ago. Recently it needed demagnetization and regulation, so off I went to fix things up. I was surprised by a movement inside that I've never heard of before: the ETA 2671. I Googled it to find the proper lift angle (53 degrees) and uncovered some more information about it. Nothing too extraordinary but I thought I would post a picture of the movement and watch for those interested. Anyone else ever come across one of these 2671's?
IMG_5194.jpeg
IMG_5201.jpeg
IMG_5202.jpeg
Best regards,
John
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: ETA 2671 in lady's Cartier Santos

Post by nbg »

Yep. Tudor use it as the base movement in some of their smaller ladies models.

IIRC after tweaking it Tudor then call it a T201, although at the time I bought Mrs nbg her’s they were still referring to it as the ETA2671.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Bident wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:58 am Anyone else ever come across one of these 2671's?
Yes, indirectly. The movement was used in the only CW ladies' automatic, the W90/900 Belisama.

CW Archive pages

Google the Cartier 076 and there are references to it being used in a number of watches.

I have the Cartier 049 in my Tank Solo. It is effectively the ETA 2892-A2. Superb movement, best performing mechanical timekeeper I've ever had.

Higher up the ranges they have their own movements, of course.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
H0rati0
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by H0rati0 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:39 am

Higher up the ranges they have their own movements, of course.
Indeed they do, for the last ten years or so Cartier have been very busy with new in-house movements - impressive.
"There is no beginning to enlightenment and no end to training" - Dogen Zenji (1200-1253)
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Oddly enough, my new Benrus Type 1 has an ETA 2681 in it...never heard of it before..and yes, it was originally intended to be used in ladies' watches...learning something new about this hobby all the time..
Benrus Type 1 ETA2681 WR300 74of1000(1).JPG
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Bident
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Bident »

Thanks for the replies. Chuck, in my Googling, I did see that even though the 2671 was used mainly in women's watches, its compact size made it advantageous for certain men's watches where space inside the case was limited.

Happy to report my wife's Santos is running smoothly at +5spd. It was running -15spd after demagnetizing, and prior to that, was +30spd. Aside from some dirt, the watch looked to be in great shape. Cartier really built this Santos like a Tank (pun intended :lol: ).
Best regards,
John
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

I bought my wife an Eterna Heritage 1948 from jomashop a few months ago so she could have an automatic watch as well. That has an ETA 2681. The 2681 is reported as being 1 ligne bigger than the 2671. I never heard of a ligne before. Anyway, it's a very nice watch, with a display back, which seems unusual for a ladies watch.