Dekla Flieger Type A experience

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Dekla Flieger Type A experience

Post by Noush »

Recently I decided a Flieger Type A watch was a must have. But which one? Default was Stowa since I have one of their Marine 36 watches and it is excellent, but...

I went with Dekla, out of Stuttgart. https://deklawatches.com/en/
Small/new brand and without the heritage of Stowa, Laco etc. But here's the thing: unusually for a small brand it's all in-house for the case. They make their own cases, dials, hands, crowns, stems and do their own (lumed) pad-printing. So full customisation is the potential, you pick and choose what you want off the configurator. Cases come 40, 42, 44mm, steel, 6x hardened steel or bronze. Auto or hand-wind ETA/Sellita.
With my smaller wrist, their lug length is a bit shorter/curvier than the usual suspects, another plus for me.

I went with 40mm bead-blast case, bezel, and onion crown, BGW9 print, heat-blued hands and hand-winding on brown Flieger-standard thick riveted leather. Front pic - it's a sterile Type A Flieger. Case back is COOL - full size Flieger "spec list" done with a proper engraving tool on a bead-blast. For the record, since ETA supply can be difficult, on the either/or mine is an SW-210. On the back it is engraved as HANDAUFZ.
The BGW9 pad-print is luscious-thick and sharp. It glows stronger and cleaner than expected. Case finishing is not "challenging" for sure but could not be better, even and super-smooth.

They regulate movements in-house and the result on this one is spectacular. 5 days for +4secs to the G-Shock I set it to.
Very happy with this watch. It is an absolute belter. Quality piece in hand and on wrist definitely.
Dekla does other styles as well and you can see for yourselves I guess. Their Tacticals look good too but I have eyes on a Damasko.
Dekla4-980x720.jpg
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
Galton321
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 14
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

Re: Dekla Flieger Type A experience

Post by Galton321 »

Thank you for posting that. I like pilot watches and have never heard of Dekla. I will now investigate. Enjoy your new acquisition.