Trident Pro 600 slowing down?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
orion68
CW-watches: 1

Trident Pro 600 slowing down?

Post by orion68 »

Got my Trident Pro 600 in late Jun 2020. Beautiful watch but the accuracy seems to be off.

I started noticing it some 3 weeks ago, is slows by about 1 to 2 minutes over 24 hours.

This morning it's 6 minutes slower. I wound it to the full at 8pm the night before and sync the time with my laptop.

Anyone experienced this before ? Am I doing anything wrong ?
CW C60 Trident GMT 600
B&R BRV2-93
B&R BR03-92
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Trident Pro 600 slowing down?

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Hello and welcome. It is possible that your watch may be magnetised, though normally when that happens they run very fast. However I have heard that they can also run very slow. It doesn’t sound as if you are doing anything wrong, so your best course would be to contact CW directly. If the watch is not magnetised then it clearly needs attention. If it is magnetised, then any decent watchmaker should have a demagnetiser, and could probably do it for you very quickly and for very little money.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Only one more

Post by Only one more »

I'd get a demagnetizer from amazon/ebay. Less that £10 and a handy thing to have anyway.

Could be a quick and easy fix, if not it'll have to go back in for a service/check unfortunately.
orion68

Post by orion68 »

Thanks for the advice / tip. Will check on that.
CW C60 Trident GMT 600
B&R BRV2-93
B&R BR03-92
Markornot
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 5

Post by Markornot »

There is an app you can download to a mobile device called LEPSI that can help determine if it is magnetized. A simple directional compass will work as well.
Mark
CW - C8 Flyer, C6 JHMk3, C7 Corsa Rosso LE, C3 Chronograph, C8 Reg | TAG Heuer F1 | Orient - Black Raven II, Bambino, Star Seeker GMT, Galant, Monarch | Seagull - Grn Military, Moon Phase | Tissot - Visodate | Steinhart - NavA Pilot MW, NavB Vintage
Wiggles
Senior
Senior

Post by Wiggles »

If it is running slow, try setting it 5 minutes fast in the morning. By the end of the day it will be spot on
orion68

Post by orion68 »

I have contacted CW customer support on 18 Aug and was told that they will arrange for DHL to pick it up in from Malaysia.

But there was no contact / email from DHL to arrange for the pickup at all. Informed CW customer support but no response.

Not a good experience at all. Problematic product in less than 2 months and CW just doesn't seem to care or bother.

Very disappointed.

Last time I'm buying from CW.
CW C60 Trident GMT 600
B&R BRV2-93
B&R BR03-92