C65 Dartmouth - the good, the bad, but.....

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Re: C65 Dartmouth - the good, the bad, but.....

Post by Viognier »

Neil, would you consider that fair turn-around time despite the sometimes choppy communications?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Pleased for you that it has been returned in full working order.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

^^^^^ thanks scooter.

Lance the three weeks was fine. Under UK Consumer legislation where an item is below the standard reasonably expected (and a few other situations) and the consumer returns within 30 days there is a right of the consumer to choose:
- refund
- replacement
- repair

Once you step outside the 30 days it’s a bit more complicated, but mine was returned within 30 days, so I won’t outline the post 30 day situation.

The fact that I wore the watch is of no consequence and indeed I could have worn and cosmetically scratched the watch and would still have the right of the three options outlined above, in a situation where the fault is identified within that timescale.

The watch that I initially received was running very accurately (about +1 IIRC for the few days before the spinning rotor was evident) and for this reason, I indicated that I would accept a repair providing it was done in what I regarded as a timely manner, with the watch returned to me within three weeks. I marked on the returns form that I would require a replacement if this wasn’t the case. I didn’t want the risk that a replacement would have had or developed a similar issue.

Part of the content of the emails mentioned to me that the watch was a NN and that they didn’t have any others in stock and that is why they were repairing. I simply made the observation that in my opinion that was of no adverse consequence re my consumer rights.

Overall I am happy with the outcome. At all stages emails were handled promptly, albeit a couple did miss the point I was making, but I did get the watch back in the timescale requested.

When the consumer emails the CEO (a person that he has met a few times) and has a professional friendly email exchange, does the situation get resolved more quickly than just initiating a returns process via CS? Who knows! :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Leon O
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 9

Post by Leon O »

Glad to hear you were able to have the matter resolved.

Having not read this post yet, I just started a thread about CW repair and QC. MY C7 Rapide Quartz was returned for demonstrating backlash of the second hand and after several weeks it was returned with the same problem. In two months I have worn the watch for only the one day in which I initially noticed the backlash.

Who is KH? and should I get KH involved?

BTW, I have 2 NN watches coming in next week.
C7 Rapide Quartz, C60 Pro 300 Chronograph Quartz, C3 Malvern Chronograph, C7 Rapide Chronograph Quartz, C65 AM GT LE, C7 Rapide Chrongraph LE, C65 Trident Diver HW, C5 Malvern 595, C65 Trident GMT Pepsi