New watch - loose bezel?

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Rossakkar
CW-watches: 4

New watch - loose bezel?

Post by Rossakkar »

Today I've just taken delivery of my new C60 Trident w steel braclet. The bezel seems loose when in position - there is 'give' both side to side and up and down. Also when you then twist the bezel as it should be used, the movement does not feel as solid as it should be.

All these observations are made in comparision to the C6 Kingsfisher Diver Pro I have. Its bezel movement is super solid and feels unbreakable. On the C6 there is no 'give' up or down, nor left to right when in position.

Is this just a style thing? ...a characteristic of different models or do I have a faulty watch? Should the Trident bezel feel as unbreakably solid as the Kingfisher?

Please advise.

Cheers
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
Bonny
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20
LE-two: yes

Post by Bonny »

My trident gmt has no discernible play in it and has a very positive action as you move it, yours sounds excessive to me. Both my c600 bezels are similarly positive fit. Might be worth a call to customer services.
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: New watch - loose bezel?

Post by robinbarke »

This sounds to me like a worrying issue with regard to the quality of the watch. There should be no loose play when in position and certainly none up and down IMHO. If you are unhappy then I would return the piece asking for an adjustment if that is possible or a replacement. I doubt it will improve in use!
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
Baker86
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Baker86 »

Eeek this doesnt sound good at all! i have one on order due any day, will let you know how mine is, but doesnt sound right.
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

New watch - loose bezel?

Post by DSHall »

My Trident and Kingfishers both have little play and a nice solid feel to them.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

There should be no discernible play in the bezel, especially in a watch alluding to have the quality of those costing three or four times more. I am sure CWL famous CS will sort it to your satisfaction.
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
NMS75
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by NMS75 »

alphajet wrote:There should be no discernible play in the bezel, especially in a watch alluding to have the quality of those costing three or four times more. I am sure CWL famous CS will sort it to your satisfaction.
I agree, if you are in doubt perhaps send it back to CW and see what they think. If it is correct then they will just send it to you back but if there is a problem then I would think they will fix it or replace it for you.

Mark
Watches: Christopher Ward C7 Rapide MKII | Christopher Ward C70 Grand Epreuve | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex GMT-Master II 116710LN | Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 | Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

Oh that really must be frustrating for you. If I really try, the bezel on my trident will move very slightly but it is definitely not what I would term loose. It does sound like there is an issue with it so let Wera know and I suspect it will be sorted pronto.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

Rossakkar wrote: Should the Trident bezel feel as unbreakably solid as the Kingfisher?
Yes.
Call/email CWL.

May just be a bad spring - but it needs sorting out.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
The Laird
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by The Laird »

MAD AS A BOX OF FROGS!!!
Toffeeggs
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 8

Post by Toffeeggs »

The C60-GMT-SKS I have, has no slackness in either sideways or up & down. I would certainly have sent it back if the bezel was slack. So with so much slack on your bezel do you think it will be getting worse as you know it will not get any tighter.
C40 Speedhawk
C60 Trident GMT
C7 Rapide Blue face
Trident 600 white dial/bracelet
C7 Rosso Corsa COSC Limited Edition
C1000Typhoon Fgr4 - Cockpit Edition
C7 Rapide Auto Red/Black
SupaPictave

Post by SupaPictave »

Just received my C60 Trident, the bezel is absolutely rock solid. It has no play, neither sideways nor up/down ;)
It even has less play during rotation than the 120 clicks bezel on my Steinhart Ocean 1.
2nd C60 Trident GMT return status : Parcel delivered at CWL office - Waiting for more informations