albionprs
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 1
LE-fourb: Yes
Location: West of Ireland with a real turf fire keeping us warm

Re: Jan sale

Post by albionprs »

Good luck everyone. Nothing floating my boat as yet.
Life is always full of surprises
C60 - 300 Green, C65 Sandhurst; 1962 9ct Omega Auto; Tudor Black Bay GMT; Tag Heuer Monza; Omega Aqua Terra Blue; Rolex Explorer 114270
Devine
CW-watches: 2

Post by Devine »

Gutted there is no mark 3 trident. But half expected it. Do they add more to the sale items, or will there be a new 100 off voucher?
C70 B.R.G Quartz Chronograph
C7 Rapide Automatic
FloridaPhil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by FloridaPhil »

welshlad wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:56 pm A nice surprise to see a bracelet for the C3 Mk1. Just what my son needs for his C3, so that's one of his birthday presents sorted!
I must have asked CW at least three times over the years if they had a back-of-the-sofa bracelet for the mk1 and was always told no, sold out. I was delighted therefore to pick one up in the sale for $15 - it must cost CW more than that to ship it to me.

Interesting that they were sold out - but you bought one, I bought one and they are still showing as available. Unless the dreaded cancellation email is yet to come.
WatchChat on Facebook
The friendliest watch group on Facebook chatting about our watch passion and whatever else happens to come up.
zonnicso

Post by zonnicso »

Know this isn't the right place for this question but I need some quick advise. Picked up a c65 trident diver (first hand wound piece). Anyone know which bracelets fit on it? Noticed some 22mm bracelets for the c60 and c65 classic on the sale but the lady at CW I spoke to wasn't sure if they would fit or not. Anyone have know if the sale straps will fit? Happy hunting all.
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

FloridaPhil wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:00 pm Interesting that they were sold out - but you bought one, I bought one and they are still showing as available. Unless the dreaded cancellation email is yet to come.
I suspect that they found a small box of them that they didn't know they had at the back of a cupboard somewhere. They don't look exactly like the original C3 bracelets, so they may be some prototypes rejected at the time (but which still fit) and now being sold off at a bargain basement price. But as long as they fit, that's fine with me.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

@Devine, yes you can expect more items to be added in the coming days
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 9

Post by Soporsche »

welshlad wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:10 pm
FloridaPhil wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:00 pm Interesting that they were sold out - but you bought one, I bought one and they are still showing as available. Unless the dreaded cancellation email is yet to come.
I suspect that they found a small box of them that they didn't know they had at the back of a cupboard somewhere. They don't look exactly like the original C3 bracelets, so they may be some prototypes rejected at the time (but which still fit) and now being sold off at a bargain basement price. But as long as they fit, that's fine with me.
Hi Guys, you may be able to help, I have a c30 that always looked a little underwhelming - do you think this bracelet (C3) will fit as fundamentally the 30 is a 3 with COSC movement if Im not mistaken?
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

borderman wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:23 pm Ordered the C60 Chronograph been waiting for 50% off :D
Dave
Congrats, that was definitely one of THE bargains of the sale. Lovely watch and at that price even better!
Stephen

Andy-Smith
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 15

Post by Andy-Smith »

Just picked a c60 chrono - the beast for half price and £51 per month interest free. Brilliant - one of he few CW left to add to my collection. Happy man!
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by Soporsche »

Congrats on a great purchase, as per my post above to Borderman..... Great watch and great price... Im sort of starting to regret not pulling the trigger :D
Andy-Smith wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:33 pm Just picked a c60 chrono - the beast for half price and £51 per month interest free. Brilliant - one of he few CW left to add to my collection. Happy man!
Stephen

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Good to see some forum stalwarts getting the great bargains! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
ondris

Post by ondris »

Thank you for the PM "Soporsche"!

Unfortunately I am not able to answer via PM for the moment.

Anyway, I am still unsure If buying the "nearly new" model is a good choice for me.

I just hope there will be a discount code available soon for the new pieces, as I will be celebrating my 30th birthday in Feb. and I want a Bronze watch (either the C60, or the Steinhart Ocean one).
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

zonnicso wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:09 pm Know this isn't the right place for this question but I need some quick advise. Picked up a c65 trident diver (first hand wound piece). Anyone know which bracelets fit on it? Noticed some 22mm bracelets for the c60 and c65 classic on the sale but the lady at CW I spoke to wasn't sure if they would fit or not. Anyone have know if the sale straps will fit? Happy hunting all.
I've had a look through the available 'nearly new' bracelets and none of them will fit the C65 Trident Diver, as this has different, slimmer, lugs compared to the C60 Trident and C65 Trident Classic.

The bracelet you will need for the C65 Trident Diver is one of these.

You will have to pay full price for it but, as you will be getting the Black or Khaki C65 Trident Diver at half price, it sort of balances out.

Another point to think of, is that all the Nearly New bracelets are 'old school' needing regular spring bars to fit to your watch; whereas the new one (linked above) has the latest 'Quick Release' pins.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
zonnicso

Post by zonnicso »

Thanks for looking at the matter Guy, much appreciated. Heard good things about the QR bracelet.
Mike2795647
Senior
Senior

Post by Mike2795647 »

I took a punt in the end, picked up a 38mm white dial and red bezel mk2 Trident for £350.

Not overly keen on the bracelet with the shiny mid link so will likely keep my eye out for a black hybrid strap if I decide to keep it