Not a bad Steinhart offering...

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Not a bad Steinhart offering...

Post by Thunder1 »

An ETA( Unitas) 6498.1 Fleiger that has a case size smaller than 44mm..a nice look at a good price....

Nav B-Uhr 42 Handwind Bronze Blue Antique
US$540.00

Pilot watches enjoy wide popularity in large part because of the simple, uncluttered dial and the large hands, which ensure maximum readability. Almost all of today's pilot watches are based on the design of the so-called Observer watches which were part of the equipment of every navigation officer serving in a German Air Force crew during World War II.

The STEINHART Nav.B-Uhr 42 Handaufzug Bronze blue antique is our more elegant interpretation of this classic design. More elegant as the case is made from finely brushed bronze, which will develop an individual patina over time making each watch unique. More elegant also because of the blue antique dial , above which the white hands almost seem to be floating. Through the stainless steel exhibition case back one can view the heart of the Nav.B-Uhr 42 Handaufzug Bronze blue antique the ETA( Unitas) 6498.1 Soigné with its 18 Geneva stripes and blued screws and golden wheels in all its glory.

While the technology and material of the STEINHART Nav.B-Uhr 42 Handaufzug Bronze blue antique are completely of today, the design of the dial and hands ­ which are generously treated with luminescent paint and protected by a domed and double-AR-coated sapphire crystal ­ and of the watch crown references history in an authentic way.

This elegant execution is a must-have for every pilot watch fan.
http://www.gnomonwatches.com/nav-b-uhr- ... ue-antique
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Not a bad Steinhart offering...

Post by sproughton »

SmartSelect_20191022-135409_Chrome.jpg
Not my cup of tea but not bad either
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I think that looks rather good.

I like the small seconds, the "antique blue" colour and the overall size and design. And I particularly like that the hands don't have much bronze on them - often bronze hands don't patina anywhere near as fast as cases do, so over time the look of a bronze watch can become inconsistent. Here that won't really be a problem.

One to investigate further..... :thumbup:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

It's a good looking watch, if you are looking for a bronze flieger. If I were going for a bronze watch, I'd still rather pay the extra for the C65 Ombre which I think is one of CW's best current offerings.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

sproughton wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:56 pm SmartSelect_20191022-135409_Chrome.jpg

Not my cup of tea but not bad either
Steinhart does nice things when doing a "homage" to a style rather than a particular model from a particular brand. :thumbup:
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Really nice looking watch. 2mm smaller and I'd probably be hovering over the order button. 2mm smaller with a sterile dial and it would already be ordered.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

Lavaine wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:16 am Really nice looking watch. 2mm smaller and I'd probably be hovering over the order button. 2mm smaller with a sterile dial and it would already be ordered.
if you want something a little smaller, the archimede 39mm bronze is a nice alternative, although about 2x the cost if you're paying VAT.

https://www.archimede-watches.com/pilot ... 39-bronze/

the "g" is for Greg...
willttqs
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by willttqs »

it is a good looking watch, kind of half way between the oris 80th and the c65. a very competitive price too.