They have to go!

A place to discuss other watch-brands
DavecUK
Expert
Expert

Re: They have to go!

Post by DavecUK »

Caller wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:01 pm
DavecUK wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:32 pm I decided to sell simply because they were not being worn
Sorry, I might have missed it, but why didn't you wear them? The AP looks stunning.
I used to wear them both and enjoyed them for 7+ years. my kids were 2 years old I had them both serviced. When AP service a watch and refurb the exterior, they always say don't expect it to be like new...but when they come back they look like a new watch. The Rolex was the same. I looked at my Kids and the watches and realised this was the state to pass them on in and never wore them again. The AP was indeed a beautiful watch and wore very nicely indeed. I nearly sold them both 4 years ago, but hung on in case the kids changed. They didn't, no interest in Horology or appreciation of fine watches. Of course today they are **** off 17 year olds, mainly because of how much they were worth, not because of any love of watches or sentimental value. I got cries of "you never said anything" and suchlike. I didn't but I think they took it as the usual old person guff about the supposed value of crap from yesteryear.

I was always a bit wary of posting photos of them because of theft, but once I had made the decision to definitely sell...no probs with posting photos.

P.S. Also both will need reservicing for a lube job only and I am pretty sure my kids might have worn them and not done that...thereby trashing the AP movement in a few years....something that might cost many 1000s for AP to repair!