C60 Trident Ombre COSC

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: C60 Trident Ombre COSC

Post by Caller »

Baco Noir wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:17 pmI don’t see a significant mid-alignment. I may be a smidge off at the macro scale but I’d never notice it without a closeup and a box like you drew. I’d say it’s within acceptable tolerances imho.
But what is the definition of an 'acceptable tolerance'? The trouble for many of us, is that when you notice such an imperfection, it's always what your eyes are drawn to and can ruin the experience of owning the watch.

I still remember my one visit to the showroom and seeing the original Tridents and I was really impressed, until I noticed the positioning of the date window and that was that! Game over.
'Tis me
Savagemouse
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Post by Savagemouse »

I ordered mine the second they went live as it really is a great looking piece and i missed bronze after selling my previous piece.

Mine arrived sans wooden box, patinated (ordered raw) with pretty poor packaging and just a little pit of plastic stuck half way on the dial.

No marks, no wonky dial markers (that i can see by naked eye) and luckily no red paint.

I did bring this all to CW attention as I had bought this as birthday present to myself and asked them to delay it until then so after 2 weeks was a little disappointed by all this. Their response was beyond poor and I have informed them of this.

However, after a few back and forth they did provide an apology and offer to send a wooden box out to (generally didnt care, but its on its way so kudos), to take the back plate off (so i keep the serial number) and put it on a new piece and basically give me what i should of got when i ordered.

I find the above solution to honestly be a good solution and good customer service. I didnt take them up on their offer as I believe there is too much to go wrong when really it was the presentation rather than the piece itself and something that i have now got over

I dont mean this to be seen either as negative or positive as i think this has both, just merely wanted to share my experience.

It wont stop me buying CW, as like others have said you can always return it.
Matt
Sturdy
CW-watches: 1

Post by Sturdy »

The Ombre is my first CW, and in fact my first diver. Typically they haven't really appealed, although I've always loved the trident counterbalance and as much as the 43mm size concerned me, the bronze case, matte black ceramic and the distressed dial were too much to resist :)

I have 088/300, which was bought raw on the brown leather strap and has developed quite a nice patina already.

As a new CW customer I will say the buying process was very good, support was quick to respond and it is comforting knowing there is the refund policy available.

When the watch arrived, the box was clearly not new, in fact it was pretty scuffed to be honest but I wasn't overly fussed by that. I'd (perhaps mistakenly?) read this forum before it arrived, so I was very thorough looking over it before removing the protective plastic as I didn't want to affect the ability to return it (if the 9 index bothered me for example).

This and the box possibly dampened my initial 'wow' of seeing the watch as I was looking for flaws, and then upon inspection there was a small 'dent' at the bottom which meant I spent a good 10 minutes deciding whether I wanted to return it, which again somewhat took the shine off the experience. Pic below for reference.
IMG_20181109_150647.jpg
Dent in bottom of case
Overall, I decided that I bought this watch as a daily that would look better once weathered, so the small dink in the bottom would soon be irrelevant. The 9 marker is possibly ever so slightly rotated (as in the earlier screenshot), but honestly I don't think it is something I would have noticed, and even looking at it it's incredibly minor and hasn't effected my enjoyment of the watch.

Having now had it on for nearly two weeks, I have no regrets in keeping it (other than seeing the £150 off voucher code the day after ordering!) and am really looking forward to seeing how it develops over time. The experience has possibly tempered my enthusiasm for buying additional CW watches in the future, but I'm sure there'll be more that prove irresistible!

A quick picture as it looks now :)
IMG_20181121_101907.jpg
Apologies for the 'wrong' wrist
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

^^^ Congratulations, and welcome to the forum. :thumbup:
Richard
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I took advantage of the BF15 and ordered one a few minutes ago.....

This is my 4th CW this year.....

:clap: for me!
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

From my showroom visit the ombre may well be very close to sold out. It was a surprise hit for CW and I hope they keep making similarly adventurous pieces in the future.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by StrapMeister »

I still prefer the prototype version of the Ombre that I saw at the Showroom.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

I was very surprised to see an email this morning that my watch has already been shipped. On a Saturday.

Well done CW.
Omega Speedmaster, Bulova Accutron Gemini, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, Longines HydroConquest beautiful AF and better than C60 300
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Lawrence wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:01 pm I was very surprised to see an email this morning that my watch has already been shipped. On a Saturday.

Well done CW.
CW have upped their game on this recently and, for example, at major sale times will have ALL staff working to dispatch orders. :clap:

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Lawrence wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:25 am I took advantage of the BF15 and ordered one a few minutes ago.....

Congratulations Lawrence :clap:
All three versions of the Bronze CW's now in your collection 8)
A photo showing the trio together would be great.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

MiniMpi wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:05 am
Lawrence wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:25 am I took advantage of the BF15 and ordered one a few minutes ago.....

Congratulations Lawrence :clap:
All three versions of the Bronze CW's now in your collection 8)
A photo showing the trio together would be great.
Well I don't have the C60 Trident GMT 600 but I guess I now have all three, basically.

I will post a photo when the latest arrives. We're in the midst of a postal disruption but it will arrive eventually.
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

Lawrence wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:14 am Well I don't have the C60 Trident GMT 600 but I guess I now have all three, basically.

I will post a photo when the latest arrives. We're in the midst of a postal disruption but it will arrive eventually.
I actually forgot about C60 Bronze GMT :oops:

Looking forward to the photos :thumbup:
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Lawrence »

Mine's at the Royal Mail LANGLEY HWDC and on an airplane soon I expect!

:)
Sturdy
CW-watches: 1

Post by Sturdy »

Obviously the patina is the big part of the allure with bronze, so I thought I'd try to keep a bit of a record as to how it progresses. I'd sort of hoped to maybe even do a bit of a time lapse of it progressing, but I'm just not that organised!

It's actually a slower process than I expected which I like, so I'll just go from new to how it is now. Not quite identical angle, but you can't have everything.

Arrival on 9th November
IMG_20181109_151610.jpg
28th November
As it stands today, 28th November
IMG_20181128_101157.jpg
9th November
0uatiOW
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by 0uatiOW »

It’s warming up nicely and it depends on your climate, that seems pretty fast to me.
My name is 0uatiOW, but before you ask, no I don’t.
“Exquisitely minging” MissF, 19 July 2022
Just call me Diderot