C8 Mk ll - worth the wait I assure you

Documentation and CW-related information
kaibab58

Re: C8 Mk ll - worth the wait I assure you

Post by kaibab58 »

Regarding the flat crystal , I think that by making it flat they squeeze every mm. out of the size of the face , with a raised glass the curved edge may distort the face around the edge , or at least add a large semi circular area of glare .this way the face looks big . As I look at it now I can see the numerals at the bottom even at a shallow angle, with a raised glass it would distort as you are looking through a bend in the glass ? I think flat makes it better personally.
Baker86
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Baker86 »

Very informative write up and fantastic photos ! i ordered my C8 mk2 on the 8th Feb and cant wait to receive it!
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

kaibab58 wrote:Regarding the flat crystal , I think that by making it flat they squeeze every mm. out of the size of the face , with a raised glass the curved edge may distort the face around the edge , or at least add a large semi circular area of glare .this way the face looks big . As I look at it now I can see the numerals at the bottom even at a shallow angle, with a raised glass it would distort as you are looking through a bend in the glass ? I think flat makes it better personally.
Having seen watch in the flesh totally agree with you
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Clarky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

C8 Mk ll - worth the wait I assure you

Post by Clarky »

Baker86 wrote:Very informative write up and fantastic photos ! i ordered my C8 mk2 on the 8th Feb and cant wait to receive it!
This was my first CW, it is a great watch. What face/stap colour combination did you go for?
I can resist everything, Except temptation
Oscar Wilde
Baker86
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Baker86 »

Hi Clarky, i went for the black strap and black face.