The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by downer »

When this watch was reviewed, a lot of people felt it was overpriced and "boring". Both criticisms may be fair, but I really like the blue/bracelet combination:

Richard
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

^^^ Boring, I think not. If I had that on my wrist I would probably be checking the time every 10 seconds! :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: The

Post by nbg »

It looks a bit similar to this one..... :D
Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

downer wrote:When this watch was reviewed, a lot of people felt it was overpriced and "boring". Both criticisms may be fair, but I really like the blue/bracelet combination:

To my eyes, far from boring...looks gorgeous.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
downer

Post by downer »

nbg wrote:It looks a bit similar to this one..... :D
Neil
What were your thoughts, Neil? How did it compare to other watches you wear?
Richard
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

^^^^^ I lucked out and managed to try on both the blue and black on Tuesday, during a completely random visit to an AD. Asked about them and was initially told that the promotional ones wouldn’t be available for a month or so. Fortunately a more on the ball person heard and pointed out they already had them, but they would be going elsewhere on Wednesday!

A few more poor quality pics, under the glare of AD lighting and nbg poor photo skills.
As usual the head on shots make it look bigger than it is.

I measured the lug to lug at 48mm and with a completely flat back and curved lugs, it sat on my wrist as well as any watch that I have ever tried on.

The bracelet was of good quality and had a double butterfly clasp, but no micro adjustment, as far as I could see.

There was also good contrast between the different textures on the dial.

However there is a BUT for me, which is it’s all dial with a very narrow bezel. If I did get one (landmark birthday next year would be an excuse and probably easier to get a decent discount after waiting a while) it would be the largest dial watch I had and I would need to be certain I was comfortable with that.

Therefore possibly more likely to go black, rather than blue, which defeats the idea of me looking for a blue dial to replace my Z-Blue, because I sometimes find the Z-Blue too unsubtle!

I think if it was a 39mm case, or the bezel was a bit wider I would have been more certain.

Neil
TZ-UK
downer

Post by downer »

^^^ Thanks for that, Neil. I agree, a couple of mm smaller and this would be a very acceptable watch. Just concerning the micro-adjust... according to the video I posted earlier in this thread, there is a micro adjust on both ends of the butterfly deployant, which gives the equivalent of a full link, when both are used - so that sounds ok.

I think this is one that is worth trying, but I do agree, waiting 6/12 months would be prudent.
Richard
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Richard D »

I can honestly say that I’ve never day dreamed about a watch, researched yes - but only with the view to buy.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

You obvs havnt found a watch worth dreaming sbout
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

golfjunky wrote:You obvs havnt found a watch worth dreaming sbout
I guess so.
Richard

‘A gas station owned by Harland Sanders was the site of the first KFC in 1930. Motorists were served fried chicken at his own dining-room table.’
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

watchstudent wrote:I just thought this might be a good idea. People can put what watches they are dreaming about/researching etc. because I don't know about you lot but I have a different at least every week!

So to kick off, a....[SNIP]......
As outlined in the OP, I don’t think that “dreaming of” is a requirement to post in the thread. I doubt if many folk dream about watches, it’s just a thread intended for people to post a watch that’s caught their eye, some may be in the “never going to happen” category, others will be on the “may be, if the price is good, now need to go and do some research etc..”

Neil
TZ-UK
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The

Post by Richard D »

Ok, in the spirit of this thread..........

Patek Philippe Grand Complications Platinum 41mm 5270P-001. I’ve a feeling I will be visiting Bond Street in the not to distant future.

Forgot to mention, I’m in the “never going to happen” category.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Richard

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

Now you’re getting the hang of it old boy
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
Richard D
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Richard D »

golfjunky wrote:Now you’re getting the hang of it old boy
Struggling, everything is so different.
Richard

golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

This strap! And course any of these watches