Special Edition Boxes

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Special Edition Boxes

Post by shrink »

Wera kindly sent me on the proper BOX for my NN RAF benson. It came in a standard CW box, but to make up for the few bits and bobs that had gone wrong surrounding it. Wera offered to send me the proper box a new one would have come in.

I must say, these special boxes (same as the other RAF specials and the DBR1 etc) are quite magnificent. Wooden outer boxes finished in matt black. Considerably larger and heavier than the standard CW box they really make an impression. It was almost as exciting receiving the box as it was the watch! I think these are the same as the CW deluxe boxes? The only difference being the RAF ones have the squadron logo on them.

I'll try to get some pics this weekend.
Who watches the watch-men
Lamps
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes

Re: Special Edition Boxes

Post by Lamps »

Wooden?

That sounds interesting.
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by shrink »

yeah i think these boxes are definitely of a different grade of construction. The outer box is a kind of composite wood, very smooth and matt black. Nice sharp edges and clean finish. Its very much a hard black wooden box. not like the softer padded standard ones.

Its base is also felt covered, which is pleasant. means theres no clunk when you put it down on a desk.

It seems almost a shame to put the box to one side and forget about it, as its almost a statement in itself. Im inclinded to find a way to use it.

the lower tray also pulls out, meaning you could put your manuals and cloths etc underneath the watch.

lastly.. it uses proper hinges. not a bit of plastic with some tension on it. These are proper metal pin hinges on this box. Its very substantial.
Who watches the watch-men
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:Wooden?

That sounds interesting.
They are quality - my dbr1 came in one & the outer cardboard box is also a nice charcoal grey / black with silver text.
Wouldn't normally pay extra for one unless it was a special occasion as the standard boxes are so good, but as this is standard for the C70 GP range it didn't cost extra. :D
Tyke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Tyke »

Tyke wrote:
lamppo_the_GasFitter wrote:Wooden?

That sounds interesting.
They are quality - my dbr1 came in one & the outer cardboard box is also a nice charcoal grey / black with silver text.
Wouldn't normally pay extra for one unless it was a special occasion as the standard boxes are so good, but as this is standard for the C70 GP range it didn't cost extra. :D
Now with added pictures
Outer Box
Box Closed
Box Open
Box back / hinges