Hans
Administrator Emeritus - Founder
CW-watches: 7
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes

The Christopher Ward Forum...

Post by Hans »

Dear reader,

Welcome to the Christopher Ward forum. A forum for CW-owners and people who are interested in the watches made by Christopher Ward. I started this forum as an enthusiastic owner of the Malvern Automatic watch, I don't have any formal ties with the Christopher Ward Ltd company.

Feel free to ask questions and post pictures.

You can find the Christopher Ward watches at:

Christopher Ward

If you use the above link to acquire a CW-watch you will be supporting this forum automatically, your support will be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Hans
Welcome…..

The above post was made by our founder Hans on the date he launched this forum. A lot has changed in the 18+ years that we have been live.
The Forum is now owned by Christopher Ward but remains independently operated by Kip McEwen who is the forum administrator. Christopher Ward provides hosting and technical support. We now have an Admin Team consisting of 4 moderators and 1 Administrator. We have expanded the categories in our forum to include other brands and a Gateway section that is a source for other forums, the most complete listing of active watch brands available (that we know of), as well as plenty of information about watches and watchmaking. We also have an Archive section where you can find information and details about most of the Christopher Ward watches ever built. Our Reference Gallery offers a pictorial history of the models. The members here have also designed 8 Forum Limited Edition watches based on Christopher Ward watches.

We are happy that you have found us and hope that you will find enough items of interest to keep you here. Please stop by Our Member Introduction area and say hello. We hope you enjoy Please enjoy your stay here.

Edited Jan. 1, 2024 to update.

So what's up wth this watch.

Post by Guest »

Hi, I just discovered this watch while browsing the net tonight. How long have these (mens) watches been available?
I was looking at another brand that used the same movement but it's twice as much. These watches also seemed to be finished very well. Is the 2824-2 stock or have they added their own touches?

I just emailed CW concerning total cost for hsipping to the US.

Hope your forum takes off.
I'll return with more questions soon.
Hans

Post by Hans »

Hi Guest! I don't know exactly how long the Malvern Automatic has been around, but I do know that Christopher is currently busy with the development of a number of new models. I was also amazed by the quality of the finish of the watch. The movement is gold-plated, the screws are blued and the rotor has a nice pattern and the name of Christopher Ward engraved
RandyS

howdy

Post by RandyS »

curious about these watches, cant google a website to view them or purchase

can anyone advise where on the net I can look at them

thanks
KevRC4130
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 0

Re: howdy

Post by KevRC4130 »

RandyS wrote:curious about these watches, cant google a website to view them or purchase

can anyone advise where on the net I can look at them

thanks
http://www.christopherward.co.uk is the official site.

The forums at Timezone.com also have lots of info if you search "Christopher Ward". Be careful over there though, CW is a touchy subject, which is probably why this forum was started.

And obviously, this site will soon be a plethora of info once more members join.
RandyS

Post by RandyS »

thanx, tz is where i heard about em, gotta say that until any new co gains respect they will take it hard at TZ...but that is OK, you have to earn your stripes

thanks for info
Hans

Post by Hans »

I think all the discussion on TZ is very good. Let people get curious, the only way to really judge the quality of the watch, is to see the watch in real life.

If I compare the watch with a Russian Poljot, that has approx. the same price, it is no competition, the Malvern has a far superior finish when compared with the Poljot. Same goes when comparing the poljot calibre, with the proven ETA-caliber.
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

Hi I'm new here.
I bought my Malvern a few weeks ago.
I really like the way it looks and it's getting better all the time. I love to watch the back of the watch :)
KavKav

Well done Hans!

Post by KavKav »

Congratulations Hans, for making the effort to get this interesting site up and running!
Regards,
Tom
Dave in Wales

Good Luck

Post by Dave in Wales »

Best of luck Hans with the new Forum
Regards
D in W
Warhol
Senior
Senior

Post by Warhol »

Welcome to all our new users!
KeithT

New to the forum

Post by KeithT »

Hi to everyone.

I joined this forum because I am curious about CW watches and their buyers. Having just purchased an Oris Miles Complication and having to send it back to the Service Centre 2 weeks after because it wasn't winding on my wrist, I wondered what else I could have bought for my money and found the CW website. I was quite impressed and amazed at how inexpensive these watches are and felt quite peeved at knowing I could have bought four CW watches for the price I paid for the Oris. You live and learn as the saying goes. As I say, out of curiosity and for those who have one, what are your opinions of CW watches? Are they as good as they look? If so, I might buy one later as a second watch.

Regards

Keith
Time is man made, some make it better than others.
David James Payne
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by David James Payne »

Hi there Keith,

I have two CW watches; the limited edition Aviator, and a C5 Malvern Automatic. They both use the ETA 2824-2 movement; a well respected movement used in watches far more expensive than the CW.

I have had the watches now for over 3 weeks and both are working very well. They both look better in "real life" than on the web, and IMO represent good value for money. With the guarantee that Chris Ward offers there isn't anything to lose in trying one!

Joy to all watch lovers. :D
Joy to all watch lovers. :D

DJP
Hans

Post by Hans »

I own the same two CW's as David, started a year ago with the Malvern, and can only conclude the same as David...
cstef
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 5

Re: The Christopher Ward Forum...

Post by cstef »

Hey to all,
my 3rd one just arrived yesterday. after the aviator the c5Malvern, now, a C4 SST, incomparable to the photos on the web, sits on my hand and makes me proud.
wow, great feeling, and absolute great look.
thx for service, CW
C3SSK,C4SST,C5AKK,C5AWT,C6LE5,
Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE,
Stowa MO, Steinhart Aviation Automatik; JS Watch-Islandus; Aristo Sextant; Dievas Diver;
Vostok Europe Exp 06;