reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Are CW just cleverer than we think?

Post by reggie747 »

Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

fishman wrote:So Mike France is a liar when he says that Trident sales have increased since the logo change? As has been pointed out earlier, CW has the actual sales numbers and we don’t. So, until actually proven otherwise,it’s best to take Mike at his word that the logo change has worked from a sales prospective.
Well I reckon it certainly worked - just think of the massive number of old logo Tridents, that have been very popular sellers in every sale. :)

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

DISJT wrote:Mike France thinks writing your company name in full, and bland, text is a "logo" though, so can we trust his judgement?

I'd love to see the background research that lead the design company to the so called logo.

I reckon they typed the name into their computer calendar /planner, forgot about the commission until deadline day, opening their computer, saw it in the planner ( complete with "left justified" text setting) panicked for a few seconds and then decided to pull the mother of all bluff's and convince CW it was a bold, edgy, disruptive design direction.
Hmm....I wonder just how close to the truth this is.
fishman
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by fishman »

I have no idea,nor does anyone else except insiders, how many old logo vs new logo Trident sales have occurred since the logo change. Presumably the vast majority of old logo Tridents have now been sold. Perhaps sales have done well for other reasons as has been mentioned. One thing we do know is that time will tell the tale of whether the logo change was successful or not. CW says that the change has been successful, but that claim is met with a degree of scepticism by some, perhaps due to their dislike of the new logo or other reasons. The good news is that as a consumer you don’t have to buy a watch if it displeases you in any way. So exercise your consumer rights and buy something else that works for you. The logo issue aside, CW continues to make excellent watches that are improving in quality and design year after year from what I see. Currently I have three,maybe five, CW watches on my of interest list and the logo looks good on them all in my view.
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

69% of members here hate the logo placement at 9 and only 10% like it better.. A small number of voters but still a good indication of how the enthusiasts feel. And that's just the placement and not even about the actual brand name word mark.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... w=viewpoll
SlowLoris
Senior
Senior

Post by SlowLoris »

The fact that we are still discussing this so long after the new 'logo' was introduced indicates just how strong the depth of feeling about the subject is.

I, for one, will not buy a previously loved model from CW because of the new logo and its positioning.

My view is that the vast majority were content with logo 2 (I know there were some dissenters) but the level of antipathy towards the new one must, surely, provide an indicator of popularity in general and beyond this forum. This is why I find it hard to believe that this new logo was responsible for increased sales.

BTW, was a poll ever conducted here?
Watchamacallit
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 4

Post by Watchamacallit »

I think CW could make a very pleasing design statement of positioning the logo at 9 o'clock logo if there was no writing at 6 o'clock. Such a watch would have a more sterile dial would arguably look better/cleaner. As the vertical (12/6) and horizontal (9/3) symmetry on a watch like the Trident with a date complication would be increased. And increased symmetry is usually a positive thing.

Otherwise is the disdain about a 9 o'clock logo rooted in a form of cognitive bias due to (our collective) expectations that the brand logo must be anchored at 12 o'clock? The blank space has simply been moved from the top to the left side, so the difference is not that much really.

That said, I also prefer a 12 o'clock position but it is not a styling deal breaker to me. I get more upset that the 9 o'clock baton gets cut short in order to fit the brand name. I sometimes wonder if they could have kept long batons and written something vertically like:
C
h
r
i W
s a
t r
o d
p
h
e
r

But I expect that would have generated ten times more criticisms.
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

:lol: :lol: Ha ha, you need to start taking more water with that!
Steve.