TROUBLE WITH ANOTHER WINDER.

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Toffeeggs
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 8

TROUBLE WITH ANOTHER WINDER.

Post by Toffeeggs »

Back in September 2017 I had trouble with the winder on my C40 Speedhawk. Sent this to CW for service and repair to winder. Now I find that my C9 CHR purchased Feb 2013 is losing time which if not worn is always on a watch winder. When trying to wind manually I notice that the stock rotor I can see through back glass spins rapidly when turning winder. And there feels to be resistance when winding. So I have to send this one back but at least it's hopefully covered under the 5 year warranty.
This is a bit disappointing as this is the second CW watch to have the same problem. Just wondering if I will have the same problem occuring with the 7 other CW watches i have.
C40 Speedhawk
C60 Trident GMT
C7 Rapide Blue face
Trident 600 white dial/bracelet
C7 Rosso Corsa COSC Limited Edition
C1000Typhoon Fgr4 - Cockpit Edition
C7 Rapide Auto Red/Black
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Re: TROUBLE WITH ANOTHER WINDER.

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

Sorry to hear you have a problem with your C9.

Perhaps, being 4 years old, the losing time is just an (early) indication that it would like some tlc and a service. However, seeing the rotor spin when hand-winding is unusual (in my experience).

Either that or you've been unfortunate in your experiences.

Notwithstanding, if there is a problem, its what CWL's 5 year warranty is for; any other brand with only, say, two years warranty you'd be on your own.

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Re: TROUBLE WITH ANOTHER WINDER.

Post by smegwina »

Whilst it is a shame that you have had issues with two of your watches, it must be remembered that these are mechanical machines that can fail.

Is it bad luck? Probably. The fact that this watch has served you well since 2013 says to me that there was nothing inherently wrong with it, but that it has developed a problem.

Any watch by any manufacturer can do the same.

As to asking whether your remaining watches will fail... Who knows. They could, or they may not.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk