How hard can it be to choose a strap!

Discuss Christopher Ward watches
Molan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

How hard can it be to choose a strap!

Post by Molan »

Well, if you’re me, then the answer is ‘very hard indeed’!

I’ve been offered a MK III Jumping Hour but it would come without a strap. It’s not really a watch I’d considered before but I thought it might be nice to try.

I’m fairly used to swapping straps around but I’ve always had a ‘base’ model to start from so I can compare whatever was fitted when I received the watch to something new.

I set myself a budget of around £100 for a strap and wanted to get an official CW one because that’s just how I am with brands.

I’ve just spent at least an hour looking at every CW strap option and am no closer than when I started :lol:
About 6 Christopher Wards, Omega, Tudor, Halios, Breitling, Bremont, Rado, TAG Heuer, Nomos, Hamilton, Sternglas
srs1286
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: How hard can it be to choose a strap!

Post by srs1286 »

Not as hard as you’re thinking :lol: . I had the MKIII JH for a bit, awesome watch but ended up deciding the 40mm was slightly small for my taste.

It will pair well with literally any of the cordovan straps (black, blue, tan, brown). Depends how formal you’d like to go... black obviously being more formal than say the tan. I put a tan suede strap on it which was my favorite, but grey suede would look great too. Are you willing to get a third party strap and put CW hardware on it?

BerlinCW
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by BerlinCW »

Greetings,

It should not be that difficult.

Pop into the reference gallery and go through the pictures for that model.

Otherwise I'm sure a member will be along soon with a picture.
JimboJames1972
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by JimboJames1972 »

I find I change my straps nearly as frequently as I change my watches! I am happy to either wear the same watch for a week or more, but swap straps from day to day (or even during the day if needed) to match the occasion/function, or keep each watch on one strap and rotate watches through the day/week.

My main issue though is strap length. My watch-wrist is a skinny 6.25” and I hate to see the tail of the strap poking up on the reverse side of my wrist. Thankfully, CW’s short straps negate that issue, but the range is slightly limited.

To this end I have resorted to buying leather, picking up needle and thread, and hand making my own straps. To date I have a dozen or so that I have sewn up for various watches and in a variety of colours and textures...

J